Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary (1528 Views)

Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage / Governors Forum Warn Against Passing Minimum Wage States Cannot Pay / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by Yenefer(f): 6:24am On Oct 09, 2020
Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary

The Energy Commission of Nigeria, has pegged ‘insufficient funds’ as the reason why the Integrated Personal Payroll Information System (IPPIS) is yet to pay Federal workers their September salary.

Director, finance and account department, Cletus Nnah, in a statement, however assured that the commission is working towards obtaining the expenditure for payments of outstanding salaries, as the delay affects about 422 government agencies.

ASUP And Matters Arising
Subsequently, the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics has threatened to embark on strike on account of the challenges they are facing with the implementation of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System.

President of ASUP, Anderson Ezeobe said that the 15-day ultimatum issued by the union remained valid.

This is coming three days after the senior staff of Nigerian polytechnics issued a 21-day ultimatum to embark on an indefinite strike if the Federal Government failed to address lingering issues associated with the IPPIS.

Speaking to journalists in Abuja, Ezeobe said the National Executive Council of the union has directed various chapters to hold congresses with a view to taking drastic decisions on the way forward on the issue.

He said the union’s organs had met to review the situation regarding the way and manner the implementation of IPPIS had surcharged members of the union.

Ezeobe accused the government of insincerity, noting that it has failed to address the union’s grievances.

He said, “We can’t be giving an ultimatum and be repeating an ultimatum; we decided to go back on our congress to take a referendum because we have to educate our congress.

“The trade union is an epitome of democracy, so we are taking the matter to our congress to say, this is what has happened and the same way, we will explain to our chairmen, and they’ll take the matter back to congress and then our congress will decide on the direction to take.

“We understand that the pandemic has altered a lot of dynamics and so with the feedback we get from our members, we can come back and say, we are shutting down or giving a particular date. So we are waiting for directives that will come from our congress.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/blackboxnigeria.com/exclusive-why-422-agencies-of-federal-government-cannot-pay-september-salary/amp/
Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by sapientia(m): 6:47am On Oct 09, 2020
I know this will shock Buhari

1 Like

Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by yanabasee(m): 6:58am On Oct 09, 2020
IPPIS is corrupt........

The FG mean well for this country...But there are people that wants to have kickbacks from everything that they helped the government to fix or out into place and by so doing try to Lord over these agencies and sabotages the goodness of the FG's effort....

The people running IPPIS are corrupt and they should be probe or investigated....

1 Like

Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by Yenefer(f): 7:03am On Oct 09, 2020
yanabasee:
IPPIS is corrupt........

The FG mean well for this country...But there are people that wants to have kickbacks from everything that they helped the government to fix or out into place and by so doing try to Lord over these agencies and sabotages the goodness of the FG's effort....

The people running IPPIS are corrupt and they should be probe or investigated....
I don't believe the FG mean well for this country. They're all corrupt
Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by yanabasee(m): 7:09am On Oct 09, 2020
Yenefer:

There are police that are out into place to help the masses .....

The people are the problem and not the government. ..

Some people running this country aren't government officials...

1 Like

Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by kutashi: 7:31am On Oct 09, 2020
yanabasee:
IPPIS is corrupt........

Did the cut and paste news made any sense to you?! From ECN to one mr from finance dept of where? Then joined to IPPIS!

Oh my God! It seems the rush to bad mouth Buhari and anything from his government is formatting some peoples' brain to have clear reasoning! What I expect of anybody is to question the post and conduct a counter check! It seems moderator are sleeping on duty too! Only interested in advert money!

Oshi ati irannu! Bansa news!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by blacknp(m): 7:36am On Oct 09, 2020
kutashi:

Did the cut and paste news made any sense to you?! From ECN to one mr from finance dept of where? Then joined to IPPIS!

Oh my God! It seems the rush to bad mouth Buhari and anything from his government is formatting some peoples' brain to have clear reasoning! What I expect of anybody is to question the post and conduct a counter check! It seems moderator are sleeping on duty too! Only interested in advert money!

They shouldn’t blame the Federal Government, rather they should heap the curse on this useless system of Government called democrazy we are practicing in the Nigga Area.
Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by Yenefer(f): 7:45am On Oct 09, 2020
kutashi:

Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by oxiide22(m): 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yenefer:
you're corrupt too then since you working for fg
Re: Exclusive! Why 422 Agencies Of Federal Government Cannot Pay September Salary by slivertongue: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
failed administration

(1) (Reply)

To avoid Sentiments Next time protest,organise yourselves and leave SW out of it / 50 Completed/ongoing Projects By Buhari And Osinbajo In Nigeria Today [PHOTOS] / BUSTED!! CCTV Footage Of Baba Ijesha Molesting 14 Year Old Girl (18+ Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.