Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,137 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Does He Answer Prayers Too? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does He Answer Prayers Too? (1658 Views)

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" / How Satan Answer Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does He Answer Prayers Too? by huxley(m): 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2011
I have a neighbour who had fallen on hard times until recently. He had lost his job about 18 months ago and had been looking for a job since then without much luck. His family situation was getting rather dire and as his wife was not employed the loss of his job was a terrible hit of their family finances.

Now, this neighbour said to me that he prayed daily for his god to give him a new employment and that he firmly believed that he would get back into the ranks of the employed. I met him last week-end and to my great relief he announced that he had started a new job some days earlier and that his new job was more rewarding financially than his previous job and that he was so thankful that his prayers had been answered.

This neighbour is a very pious man and takes his prayers very seriously indeed. He has a room in his house dedicated just for the worship of god and spends hours there in daily meditation, contemplation and communion with god. This neighbour is Hindu and his room is filled with statues of his god(s) whom he revers daily. This neighbour has confessed that he nearly lost faith in his god but since he got a new job, his faith in his god has become stronger.

Do the Hindu god(s) answer prayers too or was it sheer luck that he got his job and that prayers had nothing to do with it?
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by noetic16(m): 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2011
and where are the indians to answer huxley?
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Image123(m): 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2011
Huxley is a sinner, so i can understand his impulse to lie from time to time.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by manmustwac(m): 1:50am On Mar 05, 2011
Image123:

Huxley is a sinner, so i can understand his impulse to lie from time to time.
Firstly. How do you know he's lieing? Secondly. Even if he is am sure that somewhere on this planet a hindu man must've come across a very similar situation where he was unemployed for a long period of time and eventually got a job just when he was about to lose faith. So please answer the question below.

huxley:

Do the Hindu god(s) answer prayers too or was it sheer luck that he got his job and that prayers had nothing to do with it?
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Image123(m): 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2011
^i guess you're in the wrong thread. You know huxley is a sinner like you. You know your hobbies and tendencies, you know your distance from reality and your crave for illusion. i don't owe you or huxley bo answer. When you have real issues to discuss, we're here.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Sweetnecta: 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2011
whatever a person believes along with or without The One Worthy of All Worship, he or she will depend on it, solely. in adversity and in ease. when a prayer is answered and he/she gets relief, he/she credits the outcome to it.

those who are truly successful are those who succeed on that Day; when The Creator alone is Lord. a prayer answered can be a form of greater disaster to be known on that day, or a hope and window for the great success on that Day.

success or disaster on earth is but for a period. the true success or disaster is awaiting each of us on that Day of reckoning. will you not guide your conscience and turn in repentance to the Truly Worshiped; The Creator of all created?
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by benodic: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2011
@ poster

God will reach you through any channel you provide for It. it does not matter to God. God can answer your prayer even if you pray through a tree or through a rock. what matters is the sincerity of your heart.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Image123(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2011
The true and living God doesn't reach you through any channel you provide but through the channel He provides. One can be sincerely wrong but wrong nonetheless. There are many sincere murderers, rapists and thieves in jail.
Notwithstanding, we must share that God is merciful and just. He has laid down laws and principles that work for(and against) all mankind if any taps into it. e.g the law of gravity, sowing and reaping, hardwork, perseverance, giving, hope, cleanliness, carefulness etc.
All these will favour anyone who practices them, and punish anyone who defaults whether christian or sinner. Most important though, the pure in heart is who'll see God so begin to make things work for you in that regard as well.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by HISservant: 2:41am On Mar 06, 2011
Nonesense! The truth is -

"God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God." - Psalm 62:11

"John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." - John 3:27

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." - -Matthew 5:45

"Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God." - Leviticus 19:4

"For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens." - Psalm 96:5

"Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods." - Psalm 97:7

Psalm 115:3-9
3 "But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.
4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
5 They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
7 They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
9 O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
"
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by manmustwac(m): 12:35am On Mar 08, 2011
Image123:

^i guess you're in the wrong thread. You know huxley is a sinner like you.
Are you saying that anybody who dose not believe in god is a sinner? Arn't we all sinners according to your bible god who gave his life for our sins?

Image123:

^i guess you're in the wrong thread. You know huxley is a sinner like you. You know your hobbies and tendencies, you know your distance from reality and your crave for illusion. i don't owe you or huxley bo answer. When you have real issues to discuss, we're here.
So huxleys question about god answering prayers is not a serious issue? You guys spend a lot time seriously PRAYING (and fasting) for Goodluck Johnathon for safe journeys for prosperity etc and your saying that prayers is not a real issue. What you really mean is that you can't answer his question. Because you would've if you could. smiley wink
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2011
^i answered the question when responding to benodic. I said i'll reply when you have REAL ISSUES, not lies and conjectures in the air.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 27, 2011
Nobody knows?
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by mazaje(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2011
Does any God ever answer any body's prayers?. . . .Prayers are nothing but talking to yourself and wishing that things will go on fine with you with the addition of praise to some imaginary friend in the sky to make him grant you your wish. . . .Its so funny because we do not even praise our parents if we want something from them. . . All we do is simply ask them. . .There is absolutely NO evidence what so where to show that those who pray to a particular God do better or receive better things than those who do not pray to the same God. . . .I have not prayed for over 7 years now, and my life is much more better than most of the people around me in Nigeria who pray all the time for basic things in life. . . . .The worst part of it all is that after praying they still come to me the atheist to help them, when their imaginary God and the men of God they worship as well refuse to help them or answer their prayers. . . . . . .
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Zodiac61(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2011
I notice that none of the godbots has answered what is a really simple question
huxley:

And whilst you godists are struggling with that question, answer this one as well, "Why doesn't God heal amputees?"
And this one as well "Why do christians die in car crashes, air crashes, of cancer and other illnesses?"
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by noetic16(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2011
mazaje:

Does any God ever answer any body's prayers?. . . .Prayers are nothing but talking to yourself and wishing that things will go on fine with you with the addition of praise to some imaginary friend in the sky to make him grant you your wish. . . .Its so funny because we do not even praise our parents if we want something from them. . . All we do is simply ask them. . .There is absolutely NO evidence what so where to show that those who pray to a particular God do better or receive better things than those who do not pray to the same God. . . .I have not prayed for over 7 years now, and my life is much more better than most of the people around me in Nigeria who pray all the time for basic things in life. . . . .The worst part of it all is that after praying they still come to me the atheist to help them, when their imaginary God and the men of God they worship as well refuse to help them or answer their prayers. . . . . . .

cant u see that u are not qualified to talk about prayer? its like a novice attempting to explain a medical surgery process and dismissing his ignorance cos he lacks understanding.

prayer works. what is prayer? prayer is a communion to the invisible creator of all things. if u dont believe in a creator or superior being, how can u believe in prayer?
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Zodiac61(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2011
noetic16:

cant u see that u are not qualified to talk about prayer? its like a novice attempting to explain a medical surgery process and dismissing his ignorance cos he lacks understanding.

prayer works. what is prayer? prayer is a communion to the invisible creator of all things. if u dont believe in a creator or superior being, how can u believe in prayer?

Really sophisticated theology at work. The art of making gibberish sound intelligent.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by dare2think: 9:49pm On May 27, 2011
J12:

Nobody knows?

FACT.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2011
@poster, did u jus say Gods hes Hindu which means hes Pagan.
ya neighbours in da right direction, im na surprised dat his Gods answered his prayers. cheesy cheesy smiley smiley

Zodiac61:

And this one as well "Why do christians die in car crashes, air crashes, of cancer and other illnesses?"

d answers simple. cuz dey r worshipping God bu dey r na worshipping God in da right way, i.e., dey r worshipping d wrong form of God. cool
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by mazaje(m): 7:00am On May 28, 2011
noetic16:

m qualifie

I am qualified to talk about prayers just like anybody else. . . . .The FACT is that there is absolutely NO evidence whatsoever to show that those you pray to the God of the bible are better protected from harm or evil and sickness or recover faster from sickness  or are richer or receive more favor than those that do not pray to the same God. . . . .NO evidence at all to show that those who pray to the God of the bible are in any way better than those who do not pray to him and that is the FACT. . . . . .

Prayer works, how?  About a year ago a friend of mine prayed before he embarked on a journey to go spread the word of his God in a remote village in Adamawa state in Nigeria, he prayed(I was there when he was praying) to God for protection and a safe journey but was involved in a car accident on the way, he has lost his ability to walk forever, if prayers work, he will NOT have had that accident in the first place, because the accident is of no use to him as a person, if his God existed and answers prayers he would have protected him from the accident the way a father always protect his children from harm, no?. . . . . .

I read not long ago of a bus full of Christian missionaries in Tennessee USA that was involved in an accident, some of them died, some lost their ability to see , other lost their ability walk and others were paralyzed for life. . . .Am sure they too must have prayed before the embarked on the trip because they were travelling to India but had an accident on their way to the airport. . . .No evidence to show that prayers works at all. . . . .People that pray and those that don't all suffer the same harm and misfortune and they all also receive the same share of happiness or good fortune. . . . .
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by kris2glo: 8:19am On May 28, 2011
huxley:

It’s a very simple issue to understand, what the guy did was that he operated on FAITH, and the answer he got wasn’t from his god, rather from his FAITH.

Hebrews 11:1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

The scripture above didn’t say:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for 'in Jesus name’, the evidence of things not seen.

It rather says: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

That means Faith stands alone as a singular element which can be used to attract the production of anything.
So, what gave him the job wasn’t his god, but his faith!
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Zodiac61(m): 12:39pm On May 28, 2011
kris2glo:

It’s a very simple issue to understand, what the guy did was that he operated on FAITH, and the answer he got wasn’t from his god, rather from his FAITH.

Hebrews 11:1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for 'in Jesus name’, the evidence of things not seen.

It rather says: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

That means Faith stands alone as a singular element which can be used to attract the production of anything.

This is arrant nonsence.
A little bit of honesty is all that is required. It is quite clear that the Hindu gods are not the christian one. No one who prays to Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesha and so on prays in faith to Jesus or in Jesus's name.
Prayers to the Hindu gods are not the same as prayers to the christian god or muslim god or jewish god.
To claim otherwise is dishonest.
Nothing surprising there, seeing that lying on behalf of the faith is what the religious do best.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:57pm On May 28, 2011
prayers to d Hindu Gods r d same as prayers to the Yourba or other Pagan deities, in ma opinion.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by PastorAIO: 5:07pm On May 28, 2011
Zodiac61:

I notice that none of the godbots has answered what is a really simple question
And whilst you godists are struggling with that question, answer this one as well, "Why doesn't God heal amputees?"

I don't know about the others but those who die in car crashes and air crashes have definitely offended Ogun. Them suppose don give Ogun something. A couple of puppy dogs and plenty plenty palm oil. finito. No more accident lai lai.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by tpia5: 7:58pm On May 28, 2011
^^if you offer sacrifices to idols, you'll also end up as a sacrifice to an idol.

everyone must die someday whether by accident or something else.

the important thing is to know Jesus while you're on earth.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:02am On May 29, 2011
@Pastor AIO, how come u worship Ogun i thought u was christian.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by tpia5: 1:41am On May 29, 2011
The day i mentioned "pastor" AIO  isnt really a pastor, the guy attacked me as if another thing dey there.

He even brought in his friends to attack me as well.

All kinds of posters on this nl.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by satani22: 2:36am On May 29, 2011
Whatabout satanist. Must us no jesus too?
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Nobody: 4:32am On May 29, 2011
Zodiac61:

Really sophisticated theology at work. The art of making gibberish sound intelligent.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That made me lol. grin
A.K.A christian apologetics.

kris2glo:

Does anyone else think that the zaniness of christian beliefs used to be secret until they started posting on message boards?

"Faith stands alone as a singular element which can be used to attract the production of anything."- Kris2glo
What does this even mean? Seriously!!
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by noetic16(m): 8:47pm On May 29, 2011
mazaje:

m qualifie

ok . . . .

I am qualified to talk about prayers just like anybody else. . . . .The FACT is that there is absolutely NO evidence whatsoever to show that those you pray to the God of the bible are better protected from harm or evil and sickness or recover faster from sickness  or are richer or receive more favor than those that do not pray to the same God. . . . .NO evidence at all to show that those who pray to the God of the bible are in any way better than those who do not pray to him and that is the FACT. . . . . .

this shows u dont understand the point of prayers.  why should anyone pray n be asking God for protection? do they really know God? . . . .this is what Christ says . . . .mathew 6:25-34
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
   28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I dont know where u got the message that Christians will not suffer persecution or evil that others suffer from . . .Christ Himself was crucified, peter was crucified upside down, Paul was beheaded, stephen was lynched to death, James was beheaded, John was imprisoned, Andrew was fried in hot oil. . . .the first church were lynched and killed incessantly. if the first generation of Christians could suffer this much. . . how much more latter day believers. The problem here is that u have been wrongly taught. . perhaps u attended chris oyakilome's church?

Prayer works, how?  About a year ago a friend of mine prayed before he embarked on a journey to go spread the word of his God in a remote village in Adamawa state in Nigeria, he prayed(I was there when he was praying) to God for protection and a safe journey but was involved in a car accident on the way, he has lost his ability to walk forever, if prayers work, he will NOT have had that accident in the first place, because the accident is of no use to him as a person, if his God existed and answers prayers he would have protected him from the accident the way a father always protect his children from harm, no?. . . . . .

did ur friend read verses 5 - 8
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

prayer is a personal communion between two persons who know each other . . did God ask him to go preach? was he doing this on his own will or based on instructions? I am not in any way passing judgement of ur friend, but the point here is, choosing to work for God is DIFFERENT from being called. is ur friend lamenting on this accident? Apostle Paul also had a ship accident on his way to preaching the gospel . .  .that did not stop him from preaching. The point is thet tha Christian walk has NO earthly reward.

I read not long ago of a bus full of Christian missionaries in Tennessee USA that was involved in an accident, some of them died, some lost their ability to see , other lost their ability walk and others were paralyzed for life. . . .Am sure they too must have prayed before the embarked on the trip because they were travelling to India but had an accident on their way to the airport. . . .No evidence to show that prayers works at all. . . . .People that pray and those that don't all suffer the same harm and misfortune and they all also receive the same share of happiness or good fortune. . . . .

can u testify that they were all walking with God in obedience? remember that God sees and knows all things.
Re: Does He Answer Prayers Too? by Zodiac61(m): 12:05am On May 30, 2011
noetic16:

this shows u dont understand the point of prayers.  why should anyone pray n be asking God for protection? do they really know God? . . . .this is what Christ says

I dont know where u got the message that Christians will not suffer persecution or evil that others suffer from . . .Christ Himself was crucified, peter was crucified upside down, Paul was beheaded, stephen was lynched to death, James was beheaded, John was imprisoned, Andrew was fried in hot oil. . . .the first church were lynched and killed incessantly. if the first generation of Christians could suffer this much. . . how much more latter day believers. The problem here is that u have been wrongly taught. . perhaps u attended chris oyakilome's church?

prayer is a personal communion between two persons who know each other . . did God ask him to go preach? was he doing this on his own will or based on instructions? I am not in any way passing judgement of your friend, but the point here is, choosing to work for God is DIFFERENT from being called. is your friend lamenting on this accident? Apostle Paul also had a ship accident on his way to preaching the gospel . .  .that did not stop him from preaching. The point is thet tha Christian walk has NO earthly reward.

can u testify that they were all walking with God in obedience? remember that God sees and knows all things.
Excuses, excuses, excuses.
If god treats his own like this, why should we care for him?
Frankly, the post above is meaningless tosh, typical theology double talk.
Prayer is a waste of time. If a parent behaves the way god does, we would all call that parent evil and uncaring.
The only consolation is that god does not exist. The sad thing is that there are a lot of people who delude themselves that there is a god and are willing to deny women, homosexuals etc simple human rights in the name of god.

(1) (Reply)

Book Review: “Satan’s Trinity – Hitler, Stalin And Muhammad”(Excerpts added ) / Holy Spirit Vs Holy Ghost / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.