Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,410 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Stolen Phone—fishing Things: SARS Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Stolen Phone—fishing Things: SARS Scam (592 Views)

Burial Of Student Beaten To Death by SARS For Buying Stolen Phone / Thief Nabbed After Buyer Recognized The Stolen Laptop He Was Trying To Sell.PICS / 10 Things SARS Officers Don’t Want You To Know - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stolen Phone—fishing Things: SARS Scam by dplordx(m): 10:49am On Oct 09, 2020
This one na confirm level a SARS friend told me after he started making too much money and building his hotel. I asked him to show me way and he confessed...

They, SARS officials intentionally collect iPhones or other big phones from boys and sell it to the boys in Ikeja for peanuts. Please note that they already have the IMEI of this phone have it logged in their system to ensure they can track it. They intentionally throw out big phones the plan is if you can pay 50k plus it means you can cough out big bar when them catch you.

Mumu buyer goes to Ikeja or anywhere else, buys the phone and once he activates it, they see it on their system. They get the user’s number and in some cases call or just appear like commando to the buyer. They will come up with spurious stories about the phone been stolen by kidnappers or robbers who killed the user. They will drum up charges that will scare you to death. They will bill your life and before you know, you will be the one begging them to take all your money coz you’ve bleeped up.

Please, don’t ever buy naija used phone...London used is safer so far you buy from big store and collect receipt. Best is to buy brand new phone and don’t ever throw your receipt away. Some desperate guys in uniform will do anything to bleep up your life and extort you or even kill you if given the chance.
This is a common scam and it’s called “Fishing Things.” No let them catch you like fish! SARS na advance scam organization bent on making money at all cost and even killing and destroying lives in the process

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Stolen Phone—fishing Things: SARS Scam by dplordx(m): 10:56am On Oct 09, 2020
Let’s move to fp
Re: The Stolen Phone—fishing Things: SARS Scam by 9icest: 10:57am On Oct 09, 2020
Oh boy,forget it, they work with those street boys hawking phones for street.one of them sold me phone and collected by number.after a week Facebook brought his page and na so I saw the guys with different SARS.a month later,the same people I saw him na dem come carry me for where I dey chop.the scam involves thieves and criminals.i even believe say thieves dey sell phone give SARS
Re: The Stolen Phone—fishing Things: SARS Scam by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
Totally true. They did it to a close friend and got 300k out of him. Fuxn thieves.
Re: The Stolen Phone—fishing Things: SARS Scam by Yayi229: 4:13am On Mar 25, 2023
dplordx:
This one na confirm level a SARS friend told me after he started making too much money and building his hotel. I asked him to show me way and he confessed...

They, SARS officials intentionally collect iPhones or other big phones from boys and sell it to the boys in Ikeja for peanuts. Please note that they already have the IMEI of this phone have it logged in their system to ensure they can track it. They intentionally throw out big phones the plan is if you can pay 50k plus it means you can cough out big bar when them catch you.

Mumu buyer goes to Ikeja or anywhere else, buys the phone and once he activates it, they see it on their system. They get the user’s number and in some cases call or just appear like commando to the buyer. They will come up with spurious stories about the phone been stolen by kidnappers or robbers who killed the user. They will drum up charges that will scare you to death. They will bill your life and before you know, you will be the one begging them to take all your money coz you’ve bleeped up.

Please, don’t ever buy naija used phone...London used is safer so far you buy from big store and collect receipt. Best is to buy brand new phone and don’t ever throw your receipt away. Some desperate guys in uniform will do anything to bleep up your life and extort you or even kill you if given the chance.
This is a common scam and it’s called “Fishing Things.” No let them catch you like fish! SARS na advance scam organization bent on making money at all cost and even killing and destroying lives in the process

Are the phones sold at cheaper rate or what?

(1) (Reply)

Moment Jimoh Isaiq's Father Wept After His Son Was Killed At An #EndSARS Protest / Portharcourt: The Full Story Of The “crazy” Endsars Protester / COVID-19 Palliatives Discovered In Uncompleted Building In Calabar(video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.