Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:59 AM

Tory Lanez And Megan Thee Stallion: Rapper Charged With Assault With Firearm - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tory Lanez And Megan Thee Stallion: Rapper Charged With Assault With Firearm (343 Views)

Ik Ogbonna: Why I Drop Flags On Tory Lanez Live Video / Tory Lanez Tells IK Ogbonna To Stop Posting Nigerian Flag / Megan Thee Stallion: I Still Have Sex With My Exes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tory Lanez And Megan Thee Stallion: Rapper Charged With Assault With Firearm by piper7(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2020
Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion: Rapper charged with assault with firearm

Tory Lanez has been charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion.

The rapper - real name Daystar Peterson - is accused of shooting Megan several times at her feet and wounding her.

According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, it happened after the pair got into an argument whilst riding in an SUV in the Hollywood Hills on July 12th.

Tory Lanez, who's 28, is also charged with carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

If convicted the Canadian artist faces up to 23 years in prison.

Court hearings will begin on October 13 at the Foltz Criminal Justice Centre in Los Angeles.

Rapper Tory Lanez hasn't spoken out about the alleged shooting
Tor Lanez hasn't spoken out about the alleged shooting
At first Megan, whose real name is Megan Jovon Ruth Pete, claimed she was cut by glass, but she later posted on Instagram that she had been shot by Tory.

The 24-year-old also claimed she was scared police would start shooting if she said a gun was involved.

"I didn't tell the police nothing, because I didn't want us to get in no more trouble than we was about to get in."

View this post on Instagram
I was never arrested. This whole experience was an eye opener and a blessing in disguise. I hate that it took this experience for me to learn how to protect my energy.

A post shared by Hot Girl Meg (@theestallion) on Jul 15, 2020 at 11:07am PDT

Since the incident, Megan accused Tory's team of spreading misinformation online.

"Stop acting like black women is aggressive when all they be doing is speaking the... facts, and you... can't handle it," she said.

She spoke about being called a "snitch" online - and also disputed claims that she hit Tory Lanez before the shooting.

Megan accused Tory's team of spreading misinformation online
IMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionMegan accused Tory's team of spreading misinformation online
Tory Lanez hasn't spoken about the incident directly but released an album Daystar last month with many of the tracks addressing the incident.

"Megan people tryna frame me," he raps on the opening track, Money Over Fallout.

"Girl, you had the nerve to write that statement on that affidavit, knowing I ain't do it but I'm coming at my truest."

In the same song, he casts doubt on whether she was shot at all, asking: "How you get shot in your foot, don't hit no bones or tendons?"

On another track he has a dig at JoJo who removed a collaboration from her album following the incident.

(1) (Reply)

#EndSars: Mark Angel speaks after he was almost beaten up by protesters (Video) / Actress Eucharia Curses Those Claiming Uche Elendu Is Lying Her Store Looted / I Already Accepted My Fate But God Said No” – Craze Clown Breaks Down In (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.