Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Former Liverpool Star Luis Suarez Cried Over Barcelona Treatment Before Atletico - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Liverpool Star Luis Suarez Cried Over Barcelona Treatment Before Atletico (250 Views)

Fans Blast Messi Over Barcelona's Copa del Rey Exit / "I Will Be Honoured To Play For Nigeria" - Sheyi Ojo, Liverpool Star / Liverpool Star Mo’ Salah Meets His Lookalike (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Liverpool Star Luis Suarez Cried Over Barcelona Treatment Before Atletico by amoreobansu: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
Luis Suarez left Liverpool in 2014 to join Barcelona but after splitting with the Camp Nou club in September this year he has opened up on the acrimonious exit.

The Uruguay star, who left Anfield for the Catalan giants in 2014, ended an incredibly successful spell at the club in September this year.

The 33-year-old says he was blocked from training with the first team and cried before his departure to Atletico Madrid - as Diego Simeone's side paid a nominal fee of no more than €6million for the talisman

"Those days were very difficult. I cried because of what I was having to go through," Surarez told the BBC.

"I was hurt most of all by the way they did things, because one has to accept it when a cycle comes to an end."

Suarez joined Barca from Liverpool in a £74m move, becoming the European heavyweights' third all-time top scorer with 198 goals in just 283 appearances while winning four La Liga titles, four domestic cups and the 2015 Champions League in the process.

He scored 21 times during the 2019-20 campaign but did not take part in Barcelona's pre-season matches and left with one-year left on his contract.

"I didn't take the club's message that they were looking for a solution for me in order to mix things up very well," Suarez said.

"Not everyone knows what happened but the worst thing was going to training and being sent to a different group from everyone else because I was not allowed to play in practice matches.

"My wife could see how unhappy I was and she wanted to see me smile again and when the chance came to join Atletico I had no doubts."

Suarez has since scored two goals in three games for Atletico and Barca superstar Lionel Messi posted a message of support for him on social media.

"I wasn't surprised that Messi supported me publicly because I know him too well," Suarez added.

"The way they did things was not right and Leo knows how me and my family suffered."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-suarez-barcelona-19078827

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Original Football And NBA Jerseys N Nigeria / The Nation Newspaper Office On Fire (VIDEO) / How Guardiola Risks Being Left Behind By Klopp, Mourinho, And Even Arteta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.