Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. (1113 Views)

Atheism Is 'Personal Rebellion 'Against God,Says Philosopher(a damning verdict) / Feast Day Of St Augustine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. by clefstone(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2011
One of my favourite saints, St. Augustine is one of the doctors of The church. I recommend you read his epic book, The Confession. It is an autobiography that tells of Augustine's struggle to find God. It helped me understand that the hand of God is working in the life of everyman, even those we consider as terrile sinners. It also gives hope to us Christians in our quest for Happiness, which we can only find in God. One of the best quotes from this piece is: THOU HAS MADE US FOR THYSELF AND OUR SOULS ARE RESTLESS UNTIL THEY REST IN THEE. Another of Augustine's epic is THE CITY OF GOD. These books really explains our belief as christians. If u are interested in these books contact me and i will help u get them for free online.
Re: St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. by Akbar10: 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2011
i really have wanted to get a hold of the City of God.
pls do help me get them both. pls send to el_nuk2000@yahoo.com
tanx
Re: St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2011
I ve read the confessions thouh not in it's entirety.I ve also read fragments of the city of God online ,but I would really like to grab a hard copy of the city of God.I learnt it is St Augustine's greatest work and among the best theological boooks in christian history.

St Augustine undoubtedly had the greatest influence in post apostolic christianity
Re: St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. by didoburns(m): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2011
pls i wud love both books been looking for them for a while now my contact is didoburns2008@yahoo.com
Re: St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. by clefstone(m): 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
I'm glad that there are people that are still interested on such piece. you can get these books FREE via www.holybooks.com on PDF format. YOu can also get epics from St. Thomas Aquinas such as NATURE AND GRACE> pls Info me if u get these. GOODLUCK
Re: St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. by didoburns(m): 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
thanks, but how do i locate the book and download it
Re: St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher. by clefstone(m): 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2011
Just follow the link above. It is easy to download and absolutely free

(1) (Reply)

Winning An Argument Does Not Always Mean You Are Right. / What Part Of Your Body Goes To Heaven First / Tell Pastor Bakare That Warren Buffett Owns A Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.