Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal (982 Views)

Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted / edo Results: Obaseki Winning, Godfatherism Shamed – Omokri Mocks Tinubu, / Results Are Being Tampered With- Chris Smith, US Congressman, Nigerian Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 7:02am On Oct 10, 2020
Three Weeks Later.!!
The Results for the Edo State Governorship Election are yet to be completely uploaded to the So-called Portal.
It's still at 2618 Results uploaded, out of 2627 slots.
What happened to the remaining 9 Results for the past three weeks??
What exactly is happening??
Can We Really Trust This Portal Of A Thing??

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 7:03am On Oct 10, 2020
Nigerian Officers (Generally) Are Never Serious With Anything, no matter how serious the situation really is on ground.
It's Really Bad., and it tells very bad for our dear country.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by Freestainworld(m): 7:05am On Oct 10, 2020
Nigeria don't take things for serous, don't be surprised, it might be like that till ending of this yr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2020
Freestainworld:
Nigeria don't take things for serous, don't be surprised, it might be like that till ending of this yr
It really pains me that the problem with Nigeria is actually Nigerians, and not Nigeria itself.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by Plus10(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2020
Didn't INEC cancel some wards and polling units results,so how do you expect results from cancelled polling units and wards...just thinking!

1 Like

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by Burgerlomo: 7:36am On Oct 10, 2020
cool

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by vicdom(m): 9:11am On Oct 10, 2020
Plus10:
Didn't INEC cancel some wards and polling units results,so how do you expect results from cancelled polling units and wards...just thinking!
Don't mind some political neophytes we have on the forum. They are not abreast of happenings but will rush to post nonsense all the time. Ignorance is a bliss

1 Like

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2020
Plus10:
Let them upload it like that.
Let them upload it there, as cancelled as it was..
Haabbaaaa.!!
We will look at it, and see it cancelled, and confirm it by ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2020
vicdom:

Don't mind some political neophytes we have on the forum. They are not abreast of happenings but will rush to post nonsense all the time. Ignorance is a bliss
Dey there dey give yourself useless hope..
Political Neophytes indeed.!!
When it finally gets completed, maybe after two months, then we shall return here to evaluate who the neophyte is.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by donphilopus: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2020
vicdom:

Not so. There was a polling unit in my ward where a thug destroyed the ballot papers when his preferred candidate was obviously losing, I later checked the portal and discovered the result of the unit was uploaded there. Nothing was written on the paper uploaded on the portal. Why can't they do same for other canceled units?
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by vicdom(m): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2020
donphilopus:

Not so. There was a polling unit in my ward where a thug destroyed the ballot papers when his preferred candidate was obviously losing, I later checked the portal and discovered the result of the unit was uploaded there. Nothing was written on the paper uploaded on the portal. Why can't they do same for other canceled units?
The election was cancelled at the pooling units by the officer in charge due to irregularities, disruptions and other reasons. However, there is no how INEC can generate results of a cancelled units. It's only a unit officer that has the power to cancel a unit election. Otherwise, if there's violence in the collation centers, INEC will never cancel the results, rather INEC would go back to the results already declared at the units and start a fresh collation. Just know the difference.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by vicdom(m): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Dey there dey give yourself useless hope..
Political Neophytes indeed.!!
When it finally gets completed, maybe after two months, then we shall return here to evaluate who the neophyte is.
undecided

Did your brain not tell you that the cancelled units, wards would never be considered for rerun simply because the total registered voters in those units, wards were less than the difference between the winner and the first runner up?? So where do you want INEC to generate results from in order to compute the missing unit results on the portal?? That portal would remain like that forever, if you don't know. Better go and educate yourself and stop displaying ridiculous ignorance on this forum.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by donphilopus: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2020
vicdom:

The election was cancelled at the pooling units by the officer in charge due to irregularities, disruptions and other reasons. However, there is no how INEC can generate results of a cancelled units. It's only a unit officer that has the power to cancel a unit election. Otherwise, if there's violence in the collation centers, INEC will never cancel the results, rather INEC would go back to the results already declared at the units and start a fresh collation. Just know the difference.

It seems you're not getting me. A thug destroyed the ballot papers for his polling unit when the PO was sorting the votes. The unit never had a result yet the PO still found a way to upload a blank paper on the INEC portal as the result despite the cancelation of votes in that polling unit. Why can't same be done for polling units without results?

Here's the said result on INEC portal.

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by vicdom(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2020
donphilopus:

It seems you're not getting me. A thug destroyed the ballot papers for his polling unit when the PO was sorting the votes. The unit never had a result yet the PO still found a way to upload a blank paper on the INEC portal as the result despite the cancelation of votes in that polling unit. Why can't same be done for polling units without results?
That's to tell you that officer in charge never called the election nah. He was able to eventual announce the results at the pooling units. Once an announcement is made at the pooling units, nobody has the right to cancel that election. The power was solely given to the pooling units officers in charge. But you see the results that were not uploaded on the portal, they were cancelled at the pooling units. Go back and watch the retuning officers in the declaration of the winner, he specifically mentioned those units that were not uploaded because they were cancelled at the pooling units. He further cited that the total registered voters at those units were less than the difference between the winner and the first runner up, so he went ahead and declared the winner. If it was the other way round, the election would have been declared inconclusive and a rerun would have be others at those units.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by vicdom(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2020
donphilopus:

I understand you clearly now. I didn't read your submission very well before. Apology
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by donphilopus: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2020
vicdom:

I understand you clearly now. I didn't read your submission very well before. Apology

No problem boss. Respect!
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
vicdom:

undecided

Did your brain not tell you that the cancelled units, wards would never be considered for rerun simply because the total registered voters in those units, wards were less than the difference between the winner and the first runner up?? So where do you want INEC to generate results from in order to compute the missing unit results on the portal?? That portal would remain like that forever, if you don't know. Better go and educate yourself and stop displaying ridiculous ignorance on this forum.
MISTA MAN, YOU ARE A COMPOUND FOOOOOLL.!!
Why would you even talk about my brain to start with?
And where did you pick the word RERUN from??
Who ever mentioned rerun here or even insinuated it??
Then, where did your rotten brain conjured the whole rubbish you typed up there from??
You just comfortably typed off-point..
And I owe you (or anybody) No Explanation for anything I typed up there in the Original Post..
I was assessing the extent of INEC’s Utilization of the Virtual Portal Technology..
And some fools are here talking about RERUN.
That's totally a waste of thinking.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2020
donphilopus:

My Brother,, thanks for making out time to explain..
Although, some ignoramus really deserve to be totally ignored in their ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by donphilopus: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
MISTA MAN, YOU ARE A COMPOUND FOOOOOLL.!!
Why would you even talk about my brain to start with?
And where did you pick the word RERUN from??
Who ever mentioned rerun here or even insinuated it??
Then, where did your rotten brain conjured the whole rubbish you typed up there from??
You just comfortably typed off-point..
And I owe you (or anybody) No Explanation for anything I typed up there in the Original Post..
I was assessing the extent of INEC’s Utilization of the Virtual Portal Technology..
And some fools are here talking about RERUN.
That's totally a waste of thinking.

Baba, let's just engage ourselves without insults please. Most people have left this section because of the incessant insults here. We should just see the arguments here as something we do for fun. No need fighting ourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
donphilopus:

Baba, let's just engage ourselves without insults please. Most people have left this section because of the incessant insults here. We should just see the arguments here as something we do for fun. No need fighting ourselves.
I know..
I never intended to insult anyone.
But he tried passing his message across with some words of insult to my brain, forgetting that nobody has the monopoly of raining insults.
Meanwhile, some people insult for fun too.
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by donphilopus: 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
I know..
I never intended to insult anyone.
But he tried passing his message across with some words of insult to my brain, forgetting that nobody has the monopoly of raining insults.
Meanwhile, some people insult for fun too.

Lol.

You could have just let it slide.

1 Like

Re: The Edo Results Are Yet To Be Completed On The Portal by BluntNigerian: 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
donphilopus:

Lol.

You could have just let it slide.
Yeah..
But I decided not to..
That's still me taking decisions on what to do with my time and phone-tapping fingers.
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Say Something My Brothers Are Dying -Minister Of defence Zamfara / BREAKING: Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli Is Dead / Throwback: Ex-minister Fani-kayode Dumps PDP, Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.