Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari (430 Views)

I Will Hold Peter Obi Accountable to Nigerians - Aisha Yesufu / See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. / Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by MckenzieSkyBlog: 7:47am On Oct 10, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has finally reacted to the ongoing #ENDSARsProtest going on in Lagos, Abuja, and other cities in the country, saying that he will ensure that the Police are fully accountable to Nigerians.

Nigerian youths led by some top celebrities took to the street of Lagos, Abuja, and other cities in the country to call for the abolishment of SARS Police Operatives, following reports of their brutality, harassments, and incessant killings.

Reacting to this, President Buhari urges Nigerians not to doubt his plans of reforming the Nigerian police in other to put an end to the police brutality and unethical conduct in the country.

"I met again with the IGP tonight. Our determination to reform the police should never be in doubt. I am being briefed regularly on the reform efforts ongoing to end police brutality and unethical conduct and ensure that the Police are fully accountable to the people.

"The IG already has my firm instructions to conclusively address the concerns of Nigerians regarding these excesses, & ensure erring personnel are brought to...SEE MORE HERE

1 Share

Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by Lipscomb(m): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2020
Continue shouting reform there until your head is remove from your body by so called police.

Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by F117nighthawk: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2020
Who is this man fooling, this buhari who doesn't go out but sit only in ASO ROCK, this man that does not even know what is going on outside the street in Abuja, this man that is being lied to by his media handlers and cronies. Abeg make we hear word
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by prowriterss: 8:20am On Oct 10, 2020
Be like say na just today this one dey hear about sars protest oh....e don dey shock
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by Yobabad: 8:27am On Oct 10, 2020
If I hear
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by 2by40ft: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2020
Sure
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by Gryffindor09(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2020
na just to cam boiz n babez down so em term go finish so if una won kill una sef na we Sabi.
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by RomanianNinja: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2020
Mr president
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 10, 2020
If only we could protest this clueless government the way ENDSARS protests are going on across the country.Then this embodiment of incompetence would sit up.SARS is just a small fraction of the things wrong with this country.
He is always reacting but never taking concrete action.
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by vincentus16: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2020
the FG deserves what they r getting now. SARS have been brutalizing the civilians and we have been raising alarm but the government kept quiet. they are now acting as if they don't know this have been happening but they weren't interested in bringing justice. now this have reached to this level they r now calling for reform and reacting. the federal government is mad. #EndSARS#
Re: 'I Will Ensure The Police Are Fully Accountable To The People' - Buhari by rontolo(m): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2020
President I will. What have you been doing with over four years of complaints about your police force? Joker of a President

Replace the IGP with a dynamic, transformative professional. I have the next demonstration will be one to change government

(1) (Reply)

Bob Marley Is Asked "Are You A Rich Man?" In 1977 / Ikpoba Okha Secretariat In Benin City On Fire / Buhari: 69 Persons Killed In #EndSARS Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.