Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada (43807 Views)

Just In: Peter Obi Gains Support Over APC At Winners' Chapel | 2023 Election / Soludo Revolution Gains Support, As FG Patronizes More Of Innoson Motors / The Presidential Candidate FFK Won’t Support In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Arry110(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2020
gideonite98:
Even if they scrap SARS another unit will be formed
I think the police and the public should focus on total Reformation of the entire police force.
But you know Sars have been reformed before according to the police, but look at it we’re still in this mess

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by SmartPolician: 9:37am On Oct 10, 2020
Mowsid:
The same energy invested in getting rid of SARS if invested in fuel and electricity hike, we would have gotten the needed revolution

Huncle, nobody hiked anything.

The government stopped the subsidies they used to pay on those just to free up funds to finance development projects.

Besides, if you lead the protest, you go die?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by MNDY(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2020
Ever8090:
People see end SARS I see revolution loading...

I am telling you.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by babyfaceafrica: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2020
dmltoyin:
I silently hope and pray this turns to a revolution. We need a total reform of the country, SARS is such a small unit. We need a big revolution. Africa needs revolution and let it start from Nigeria. Let the people rise against this bad governance and distasteful policies.
you are overrating Nigerians, they will soon be tired and go their normal way.. Nothing like revolution
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by DonroxyII: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2020
End bad governance should be what we should protest against not just SARS ....

Arise Nigeria ... I pray this country emancipate ....

You see Northern Youths especially Southern Kaduna, Benue etc ... None of them is coming out .....

Hypocrisy in Nigeria .... SARS would never disturb Northern Youths despite small small boys in Northern Nigeria riding sophisticated cars from proceeds of corruption and abuse of office....

Same police force, one rule for North, another rule for South and Middle belt ..... it's just a matter of time the prey will become predators.... oppressed will become oppressors!!
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by babyfaceafrica: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2020
Dlewisi:
All govt has to do is scrap SARS, create a new dept with a new name and transfer all SARS officers to the new department. There they can carry out their so-called reforms. I hope we really see changes this time around.
you are smart

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2020
pode:
This one Wey South Africa come join, e get as e be o

grin grin grin grin
E shock u ?? grin
Fear not,
An injustice to one is an injustice to all cool

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2020
Ever8090:

I JUST GOT WORD!!

JUDGEMENT IS COMING ON ALL BAD POLITICIANS AND LEADERS. sad

THEY THINK WE ARE LAZY AND JUST KEYPAD WARRIORS,WE WILL GET OUR NAIJA BACK VERY SOON.

IN CHINA IF YOU EMVEZZLE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE EXECUTED AND THE MONEY REPATRIATED BACK TO THE PEOPLE OF CHINA.

NAIJA STAND UP

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by CaseSensitive(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

United Nigerian Youths!

United Nigerian Youths!!

United Nigerian Youths!!!

Fcvk APC! fcvk PDP!! Fcvk All Political Parties!!!

Fcvk DivideAndRuleStrategists!!!

Let’s Take our Country back from this Old senile wicked Politicians that has rendered us useless and made us worthless docile and weak

We all need a GREATER and a BEAUTIFUL Nigeria!

#EndSars

#TakeOurCountryBack

#OurOppersorsMustGoDown

#ShareThisMessage

Well, someone said the something on twitter and it's really not rocket science. No youth in their right senses should vote APC or PDP in the 2023 presidential election. We should make it clear and stand on it because there is power in numbers. Nigeria needs an agile leader with vision and if we don't demand it now. We might not have the opportunity again, we will NOT come out to vote PDP or APC!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by James4bright(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2020
bluefilm:
Yahoo Boys Worldwide.

I dey hail una o!!!

Very dumb indeed. Old women protesting are they into fraud?

Even females do get harassed by SARS.

Everyone would be a victim if we don't end this ex-convicts moving around the streets as predator.

Some even get wrongly profiled for being criminals just so they could extort money from them.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by iLegendd(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2020
Ever8090:

The greatest revolution I'd love to see and partake in is: #OperationPoint&KillAnyPolitician

I want politicians and police to be endangered species.

I want it to get to a point where being a politician in Nigeria will be scary. With this, only good leaders with fear for the people and a purpose will emerge.

I hate all these peaceful protests. Nigeria needs violence before the leaders will change, else, nothing will happen.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2020
Revolution things loading
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by cocolacec(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2020
nairanaira12:
According to Adakintroy, those guys shouting end SARS in the UK and US are all supporting yahoo Boys.

Boy, you are a dumb idiot

But unfortunately for you, you are even too dumb to know

European yahoo boys dont get treated like thrash.They investigate until the police catch them red handed not the crude way of stop and search in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Cogs(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2020
iLegendd:

The greatest revolution I'll love to see is #OperationPoint&KillAnyPolitician

I want it to get to a point where being a politician in Nigeria will be scary. With this, only good leaders with fear for the people and a purpose will emerge.

My support for you
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Adakintroy: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2020
cocolacec:

European yahoo boys dont get treated like thrash.They investigate until the police catch them red handed not the crude way of stop and search in Nigeria.

So you are not even saying Yahoo is bad at all..it's more like catche if you can first..I see your logic.

Some of your shades are clear..you want to go wrong just looking for right justification.
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by IjebuWarrior: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

United Nigerian Youths!

United Nigerian Youths!!

United Nigerian Youths!!!

Fcvk APC! fcvk PDP!! Fcvk All Political Parties!!!

Fcvk DivideAndRuleStrategists!!!

Let’s Take our Country back from this Old senile wicked Politicians that has rendered us useless and made us worthless docile and weak

We all need a GREATER and a BEAUTIFUL Nigeria!

#EndSars

#TakeOurCountryBack

#OurOppersorsMustGoDown

#ShareThisMessage

Well said bro... but, some fools would still be supporting these thieves.. angry

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Brushstrokes20: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2020
Awesome! Nig must be rescued from the diabolic claws of stone cold tyrants, self serving thieves and sadists scums!
#EndSarsNow
#endbloatedspending
# endthisgovt

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by srclark: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2020
daddytime:
What we need is Police and Sars reforms.

Let's not play into the hands of criminals who enjoy reaping from where they haven't sown and seek to have a field day without any challenges.

I wished we could all come together to protest the silly budgets and misappropriation where the NASS and other irrelevant MDA's made up of a minute few enjoy a huge chunk of our collective wealth while the entire citizens are left with just crumbs.

These are worse issues than SARS.
honestly i do not know what nigerians want anymore ,the same sars they are lamenting about arrested the notorious kidnapper evans and his likes , do you expect the families that paid evans $1m to say end sars .what we need is just a reform of our police force .Despite their bad side many do not realise this men sacrifice their own life and sleep so we can sleep peacefully at night.
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by James4bright(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2020
iLegendd:

The greatest revolution I'd love to see and partake in is: #OperationPoint&KillAnyPolitician I want politicians and police to be endangered species.

I hate all these peaceful protests. Nigeria needs violence before the leaders will change.

No violence.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Adakintroy: 9:55am On Oct 10, 2020
End Yahoo Yahoo.

They were killing people for sacrifice.

They never said Hush puppy was a criminal in Nigeria until he was arrested..even thoug they knew he was.

End Yahoo..in nigeria.not sars.
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Grace001: 9:55am On Oct 10, 2020
Mowsid:
The same energy invested in getting rid of SARS if invested in fuel and electricity hike, we would have gotten the needed revolution

The dead can’t protest. It’s only the living can invest energy in protest for fuel and electricity hike. Right now it’s a protest for right to LIVE.

Fuel and electricity hike, can’t be compare with harassment, humiliation and killings of youths by SARS officers.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by James4bright(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2020
charlesm91:
The day the citizens took over. Sars must hear am

SARS protest would build their courage for different protest agenda.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Grace001: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2020
Come to think of it, no #ENDSARS protest in northern part of Nigeria. What is that telling you ?

Sars is a mechanism used by government to subdue youths in the southern part of Nigeria. The annoying part of it is that It’s the same southerners in sars that is harassing and killing their fellow southerners
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by ibuildstuff(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2020
dlaw70:
Weather ending sars is right or wrong.
me think the government should just respect the will of the citizens.

If e back fire ,na them go still feel the burnt .
Did sars reduce crime rate in Nigeria?
Is sars even effective n combating arm robbery?

Who fought one million boys when they were terrorising Lagos, was it sars or young men in the area?

Why do we pay 1000 naira for security every month when there's SARs?

Since the inception of sars has Crime rate in Nigeria reduce?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by olarent: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2020
Yes.a step at a time we can as well convey after this and protest to demand for what you raised its a vital point that we must work towards it.
daddytime:
What we need is Police and Sars reforms.

Let's not play into the hands of criminals who enjoy reaping from where they haven't sown and seek to have a field day without any challenges.

I wished we could all come together to protest the silly budgets and misappropriation where the NASS and other irrelevant MDA's made up of a minute few enjoy a huge chunk of our collective wealth while the entire citizens are left with just crumbs.

These are worse issues than SARS.

Let's #EndCorruption #EndRecyclingThieves #EndMisplacementOfOurFinances #EndNepotism #EndHunger #EndPoverty

So many things to #end that are worse than Sars.

Aren't you all surprised that the same thieves are all jumping in the bandwagon with you lots to catch cruise and chase clout with #EndSars because they are happy you aren't #Ending their corrupt enterprises but the poor and irrelevant SARS?
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by blowjohn(m): 10:00am On Oct 10, 2020
nateDZA:
angry ThiS iS freSh mehn!!... #EndSARS #DestrOySARS

Damn niggar! U a real nigger cos u listen to Nas!
NAS KINGS DISEASE ALBUM ON REPEAT!
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Drizzy5001(m): 10:01am On Oct 10, 2020
Hmm

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by ibuildstuff(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, this protest needs to garner more traction!

#EndSars
My Experience...

One day, on my way from the bank the NPF stopped me at a checkpoint and insisted I came down. I alighted, and thoughts started running through my head as to the reason I was stopped... only to be jolted back to reality.
"Make I see your phone" an officer barked

That day, I was fortunate to only move out with my small phone so I hurriedly brought it out and shewed it to him to avoid any further embarrassment, but he shook his head and said to my utmost disbelief...
"No be this one, way the other one"?...
...with a visible smirk on his face, as if saying to me...you
think you are wise abi?

At this point I was getting anxious. I told him I had no other
phone with me and he insisted I came closer for a search
which I did.
He perused his hands through my pockets to spot any hard feeling of a bigger phone...but he found none.
I was relieved at this moment only for me to get another shock... He started pulling and dragging my shirt to look into my body...

Was this man trying to see if I had a Tattoo?

...Nwa Jesus like me, wetin I wan carry tattoo do

After pulling and dragging but finding none, he went aside to
have a word with his team. After a few minutes he came
back, stared deeply at me and hesitantly told me...
"You fit dey go".

I just can't forget that day at all!
I had no earrings on, had no blings on, I don't carry dreads, neither was my dressing abnormal or flashy.

They simply just wanted to extort some funds from me. My
greatest joy that day was that as the officer perused through
my pockets his hands didn't feel the over 30k I just withdrew
from the bank.

las las I for drop that day...but God was sparogatively so
good!
Same happened to me, what saved me was that I was putting on NYSC boot, as soon as they saw I was a corper they quickly told me to go.

If I wasn't putting on that NYSC boot, I wonder what would have happened to me that day.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Omoslim26: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2020
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

South West took the lead, South South followed.

People abroad are now following suit.

Our cowards from erosionland are however hiding under their beds wearing their wives' dresses
grin

Wow so you will still do dis your usual tribal nonsense on dis sensitive thread

hmm your case looks very hopeless

dis your madness dat comes of and on like nepa light does not want to leave you sorry I will say some prayers for you in church tomorrow

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by Vyiecyie: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2020
What I See Is #REVOLUTION
Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by JBoss25(m): 10:04am On Oct 10, 2020
Mowsid:
Guy what exactly do u want? you said we're focused on bbn too much, now we're investing energy on SARS which is a country dilemma and you're still complaining, wtf.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest Gains Support In UK, US, South Africa, Canada by lexy2014: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2020
Mowsid:

In which of d above have u invested ur energy? When a few people came out to protest against fuel& electricity hike, did u join then? What makes protesting against SARS any less important than electricity & fuel hike?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta / Florence Ita-Giwa Lays Wreath At The Scene Of Electrocution In Calabar (Pics) / UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.