Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? (441 Views)

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy / Don't Settle For Less; Don't Live A Life Of Mediocrity / The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2020
Lie is a false statement intended to deceive.
Many tell lies for different reasons; some to avoid rebukes or to save their faces & some do to earn underserved respects. Someone once told me that if he had not lied to his parents about his Jamb Score then, he might not be where he is now, he could have been forced to commit suicide. One thing I know very well, or in many cases, is that it takes more lies to cover lies. To the conscious, telling lies is very hurting & heartbreaking. Sometimes we think or believe that, as we grow up or getting to heights of our careers, the possibility of stopping to tell lies is very high. We thought that someday, no matter what the situation is, we would owe no one an apology for whatever we say. It's a pity that, in most cases, those days never came. We still see some elders who lie to save their faces. Even the Heads, Governors or Presidents would sometimes have to tell lies to protect themselves, loved ones or parties or to restore sanity. In fact, there are many religious leaders who come up with lies/fallacies to buttress their points when they preach. Do we call these unharmful lies

Who exactly can live a life free of lies

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by Juliusmomoh: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2020
The biggest lie is for someone to say " I don't tell lie "

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by AntiChristian: 12:16am On Oct 11, 2020
The biggest lie is to call Jesus God or worship Jesus whereas he never for once called himself God or tell anyone to worship him anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by ABOVEDELAW: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
IT'S LIKE LOOKING FOR A NEEDLE IN A HAY SACK.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by xproducer: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
It is possible with GOD's help .... "For with God nothing will be impossible.” - Luke 1:37

------

"These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren." - Proverbs 6:16-19

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by xproducer: 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:
The biggest lie is to call Jesus God or worship Jesus whereas he never for once called himself God or tell anyone to worship him anywhere.

---------
Don't be deceived, the Lord JESUS CHRIST is the GOD! (the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty) - Revelations 1:7-8,

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - John 1:1

Do you know how many people worshiped the Lord JESUS when He walked this earth, and how many faithfully worship Him now, and will forever?

The three wise men from the east! - "And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him." - Matthew 2:11

A leper whom HE healed - "And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” - Matthew 8:2

Mary Magdalene and the other Mary - "And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him." - Matthew 28:9

A ruler (Matthew 9:18), His disciples in the boat after He saved Peter from sinking (Matthew 14:33), a woman of Canaan (Matthew 15:25), eleven disciples (Matthew 28:17), A man with an unclean spirit (Mark 5:6), His disciples as He ascended to Heaven (Luke 24:52), the blind man (John 9:38)

Every time someone attempted to worship a servant/prophet of GOD (like Peter - Acts 10:24-26), even an Angel (Revelation 19:10, Revelation 22:9), they were told not to, but only worship GOD.

------
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” - John 8:58

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Lying is for the weak! Eg Children and sons of the-evil!

If you are Truly Aligned with The Holy One, then You Have No Reason to Lie.

Just one of us can put a thousand to flight
And two of us can send the legions fleeing

Just one of us can put a thousand to flight
And two of us can rout evil principalities

O there are many of us here
Exalting the name of the Lord
And in his name we declare
Our victory in spiritual war
We bind the powers of the air
By wielding the Word as our sword

Over princes and powers
Jesus gave authority
We raise our voice with a shout
He has won the victory

One of Us- Bob Fitts

They that Walk with the Lord have No Reason to Lie!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by meobizy(f): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2020
It’s possible. I however don’t recommend it. I always looked up to my father for his honesty. As a child I never saw him tell a lie. I modeled myself after him, trying my best to tell the truth even if it meant physical consequences. As a teenager and possessing more wisdom than an eight year old, I realized the man fibbed for the smallest and most unnecessary reasons. It was too late, I was already moulded. I lie once in a while — not because I have to but because people try to take advantage of me in situations; knowing I will provide the most honest of responses.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
meobizy:
It’s possible. I however don’t recommend it. I always looked up to my father for his honesty. As a child I never saw him tell a lie. I modeled myself after him, trying my best to tell the truth even if it meant physical consequences. As a teenager and possessing more wisdom than an eight year old, I realized the man fibbed for the smallest and most unnecessary reasons. It was too late, I was already moulded. I lie once in a while — not because I have to but because people try to take advantage of me in situations; knowing I will provide the most honest of responses.

While I understand your rationale for your action but I reiterate that it is weak people who have the need to lie.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live A Life Without Lies? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Lie is a false statement intended to deceive.

At the bolded,
A Lie is Not A False Statement (that is a Lie too) But, That Which Is Not True!

They are not the same for A Lie Makes You Fall [/b]hence the word Falls which is called "False" today.

Which Brought about the Study of Things Which Make You Fall called Fall-acy like Suprem-acy, legitim-acy etc

[b]Therefore, Falls/ False is the Consequence and Result of A Lie, Not The Lie Itself!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How SARS Operatives Arrested My Wife For Flimsy Reasons — Pastor Poju Oyemade / Crossover Services: RCCG, Daystar, Others Release Details / Bishop TD Jakes Sermon – I Didn’t Say It Would Be Easy – Be Strong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.