Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Let Not Hide From The Truth, The Realities Of Nigeria Politics Is Sad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Not Hide From The Truth, The Realities Of Nigeria Politics Is Sad (301 Views)

Keyamo: We Can No Longer Hide From Nigerians, Subsidy No Longer Sustainable / 2019: Myths, Realities Of Buhari, Atiku Clash In Bauchi-vanguard / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Not Hide From The Truth, The Realities Of Nigeria Politics Is Sad by talktrue1234: 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2020
So I have being making some research about Nigeria for some days, and what I found is just sad, the truth many of us Nigerians don't know the truth, but this Nigeria can never ever work, trust me I am even saying this because of my patriotisms towards my country but if we hold on to this fantasy of one Nigeria and we didn't make any effort to put our differences into consideration in our constitution, Nigeria will keep killing Nigerians.

See you can call people jingoists and tribalists forever but it's not going to change anything, we need to realize that Nigeria is a nation of many nations, if we fail to play the politics as such, we are going to regret it sooner, the reason we are not dealing with major ethnic cleansings presently is because of worldviews, reactions, and the fact that an ethnic group is yet to fully hold the majority of the federal authority for long. The present system makes Nigeria looks like a battle of supremacy among nations, no arguing that Nigeria is in a cold war with itself!

There are people roaming about saying Igbo presidency will bring about some levels of normalcy in the country unity, but actually this will not change anything as bringing the Igbos or any other tribes to the presidential seat is just synonymous of saying "hey it's like you people have not had an opportunity to loot as you want, you can come and do that now", nothing is going to change but the cycle of nepotism will continue, and the common man will continue soaking his gari, no matter what ethnic group he belongs.

We can't make any progress with our current system of administration, it is a sad truth, let's stop fooling ourselves and thinking we can achieve something reasonable by fighting to patch the system, when the foundation itself is collapsing.

I beg the citizens to rise and fight for a reform! If you stand for one Nigeria and you don't expect a reform in our political structure, I am not sorry to tell you that you are very ignorant, Nigeria, with the present structure is meant to kill you!

Ending SARS alone is not the answer. if SARS should be banned, remember a system that is built to oppress its people will always afford the medium it will use for the oppression! instead of fighting the medium of oppression fight the system that tolerate oppression!

1 Like

Re: Let Not Hide From The Truth, The Realities Of Nigeria Politics Is Sad by emae009(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2020
True. Even Regional Government won't work. Look at Europe, Portugal and Spain almost have the same language but they are not grouped together. Ukraine and Russia also. But in Africa, they colonial masters lumped a group of people together that don't even share a common language or culture.
Even Britain that shared a common language and traces of similar culture disintegrated.
No matter which government is elected in our current setup, there'll always be traces of nepotism because as a government you can only work with people you trust.
I think we should follow the USA strategy where each state has control over it's affairs and the Central Government is more concern with defending the territory of the country.

(1) (Reply)

After Endsars, What Next? / IGP Should Send Disbanded SARS Officials To Sambisa Forest / Kastina State Support SARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.