Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest (1075 Views)

Lagos Compensates More Families Of Deceased RRS Officers With 20 Million / RRS Officers Return Lady's Purse With N115K Which Fell Off Without Her Knowledge / Deploy Dissolved SARS To Borno - Zulum Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by Wisefellow(m): 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
SARS and RRS officers are men of Nigeria Police Force with quite number of differences in uniform and appearance, personnel trainning ,operations as
and culture with respect to modern policing. In recent time, I observed some officers from these two units with keen interest and below are my subjection.
Appearance: Here in Lagos, I see RRS officers in their neatly ironed fitted police uniforms with name tag and badges for easy identification. While SARS are seen roughly dressed in casual wear, Jean, shirt & Jacket with SARS inscription and look horrible as most of them do illicit drugs. Some also wear dreads, pierce ear and behave rude to common man on the street.

Civil Conduct: RRS men conduct themselves properly when relating to people and show empathy when there are challenges. On third mainland bridge, I experienced vehicle breakdown and RRS officers came around to ensure safety of people on board until repair is completed. Also during #EndSars protest in Ikorodu today, RRS patrol vehicle was carrying protesters who looked tired and ensured no compromise in protection of lives and property. While SARS, on the other hand, address citizens unprofessionally without regard to being guilty or not. SARS officers have non-challant attitude with criminal mind orientation towards citizens which results to illegal arrests, detention and extortion.

Operation Vehicles: I observed that most RRS patrol vehicles around are always in good order and their drivers do not drive recklessly in order to keep it in good condition. I stand to be corrected! Whereas SARS often use either unplated private car or mini bus which usually look rough. Guess its part of their covert operation strategy.

Brutal Killings: Men of the RRS are rarely known for cases relating to extra judicial killings or weapon misfiring causing deaths of innocent lives. Whereas SARS have recorded quite number of brutal killing of arrested individuals especially youths without justification or remorse. A video of a SARS officer saying he would waste 29 bullets on protesters whom wish to kill or harm him and in turn, kill himself with the last bullet shows the orientation they share.

In my opinion, SARS should be disbanded, subject her men to re-evaluation and reorientation and a new unit be created with new well oriented psychologically sound policemen be recruited. Also, NPF needs reform, re-orientation and training and retraining of personnel to meet the needs of modern policing in this century.

#EndSars
#EndPoliceBrutalKillings
#JusticeForJimohIsiakaKilled By Police

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by DiegoMaria(m): 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2020
Justice for the bereaved

Karma on the guilty
Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by sapientia(m): 2:18am On Oct 11, 2020
The corruption of SARs is from IG, DIGs, CPs, Area Commanders and DPOs

These people receive returns

It was them that destroyed SARs

Back in the days, some DPOs will just hand you over to SARs if they cant extort your family

Knowing that your life will be in danger and your family will hurry to raise money

Its a terrible and dangerous thing to be in SARs custody anywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by PlayForFun: 6:36am On Oct 11, 2020
That's difference between a Police and thugs/criminals. I've read so many positive comments about RRS operatives from helping pregnant women to the hospital and arresting armed robbers without harming anyone.

We need to make RRS trend on twitter too to at least appreciate them.... if we appreciate the good unit of the NPF and condemn the bad unit (SARS), the commanders of SARS will be ashamed.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by Dimmatic(f): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2020
Well compared.I have been using Lagos security emergency number 767 during security threats since 2o17 and the RRS has been responding to the occasion,most recently in September 2o2o where my landlord's son was terrorising all tenants peace around 12am,i conveniently dialed my Lagos security code 767 and got a promising response and in no distance of time police came and picked the 'bahd' boy off the compound.

Ensars,end police brutality,and unfriendly police to civilians conduct,kudos to RRS,kudos to Traffic Wardens shame on every other units of Nigeria police that brings tears on our citizens.
Call us to get a better driving skill , Learn how to drive both manual and automatic cars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by OlujobaSamuel: 7:14am On Oct 11, 2020
PlayForFun:
That's difference between a Police and thugs/criminals. I've read so many positive comments about RRS operatives from helping pregnant women to the hospital and arresting armed robbers without harming anyone.

We need to make RRS trend on twitter too to at least appreciate them.... if we appreciate the good unit of the NPF and condemn the bad unit (SARS), the commanders of SARS will be ashamed.
Ashamed and NPF in the same sentence? No even think am, they are never ashamed.
Though wont mind we celebrating the RRS unit, those guys have been awesome. I always admire their neatness. I've seen one cleaning the vehicle himself around cement bus stop.
Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Though wont mind we celebrating the RRS unit, those guys have been awesome. I always admire their neatness. I've seen one cleaning the vehicle himself around cement bus stop.

I'm happy to hear we have normal humans in the police. They should be celebrated.
Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by PlayForFun: 9:46am On Oct 11, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Loool.....
Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by Wisefellow(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2020
RRS officers are the ideal team for the newly created unit, SWAT, while majority of the defaunct SARS officers should be subjected to serious psychological and medical evaluation by independent body/ organisation and not police because I do not trust police institution.

IGP is willing to push the SARS boys to the SWAT unit. It will not work! We want right thinking educated balanced operatives in SWAT and not bad corrupt weed smoking officers in default SARS.

IGP must reconsider for better Nigeria.
Re: Comparison Of SARS To RRS Officers Of NPF Amidst The #endsars Protest by mekaw(m): 7:24am On Oct 14, 2020
If only buhari understand Nigerians are his cows in daura, this RRS boss supposed to be the IG of police

(1) (Reply)

It Is JIHAD!!! - The Fulani Are At War With Us- / The President Is Yet To Join Our Ancestors But He’s On Transition - Dino Melaye. / The Northern Oligarchy Is Brainwashing The Northern Masses That Nnamdi Kanu And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.