Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,662 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? (907 Views)

Naija Rnb World You Aint Seen Nothing Yet!!! / Omotayo Latest Naija Rnb King / Bbc RADIO FACEBOOK Post On Bbc.Naija Rnb Artist Writes Mj Tribute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Seko25: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2011
Just listened to Darey's new Album double dare, and I must say I'm loving it. I played Banky's W experience, and the mood just faded. is it just me, or has Darey really taken RnB to the next level? grin
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by bjmighty(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2011
Darey!
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by 9ja4eva: 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2011
Darey
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by tical(m): 8:33am On Mar 07, 2011
Darey!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Bamsyle2(m): 10:09am On Mar 07, 2011
Darey.

Banky ain't even close.
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by tosinaded(m): 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2011
The day darey delivers a songs as good as

my regret
dnt break my heart

i wil consider him!
Darey cnt touch banky wen it comes to vocals and delivery. . .

As for content, i think its a tie. . . As for charisma, banky nicks dat over darey!

The only thing is dat darey plays the piano, iunno if banky plays any instrument
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by tosinaded(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
The day darey delivers a songs as good as

my regret
dnt break my heart

i wil consider him!
Darey cnt touch banky wen it comes to vocals and delivery. . .

As for content, i think its a tie. . . As for charisma, banky nicks dat over darey!

The only thing is dat darey plays the piano, iunno if banky plays any instrument
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by iha8whackm: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2011
Na wa oooo! Its DAREY for sure,
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by dammiecool(m): 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2011
still DAREYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Guy I luv d way u re cool cool cool
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by montelik(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
They both very good. But personally I would go for Banky W if I had to pick one as better than d other.
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by chikakanu: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2011
They are both good yes, but Darey's far better than Banky! Banky can sing but the day he starts doing his own thing other than doing other peoples songs, i love em both i think on delivery, and everything in R&B darey's his UNCLE,
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by tosinaded(m): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
chikakanu:

They are both good yes, but Darey's far better than Banky! Banky can sing but the day he starts doing his own thing other than doing other peoples songs, i love em both i think on delivery, and everything in R&B darey's his UNCLE,

tell me another song he's done that is not his. . apart from ebuttemeta
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Unclerush: 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
Darey Darey Darey Darey Darey!

Darey is better than Banky W X10
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Iagree1: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2011
Its Darey anytime any day, Darey will do well better on a song than Banky , But the both of them are good though!!
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Genuflect(m): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2011
Ki la won eleyi nso? Banky's music is far far sweeter than Darey's IMO. But Wande Coal na the two of them papa sha
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Bamsyle2(m): 4:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
If we're looking at the RnB genre of Music in the strict sense of it, Darey aces Banky by miles.

Banky ain't an RnB artiste in its narrow sense . . . he often sings Pop Music.
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by mikuz(m): 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
Wanna take you back to the day when we first metBanky's 'my regret' is better than darey's whole album.
But Darey's good anyways!
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by tosinaded(m): 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2011
Bamsyle are u for real? Banky sings pop music?
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Basics007: 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2011
Ha na Banky o! And that`s why he has more hits
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Bamsyle2(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2011
Don't get me wrong Tosin . . . Banky's music is predominantly RnB, but if we're looking at the bigger picture, you'll notice some pop influences/components in some of his songs. An example is "Lagos Party".

Darey, on the other hand, does strictly RnB . . . IMO, Darey has no equal when it comes to undiluted RnB, with songs like Escalade and Not The Girl.

And for the avoidance of any doubt, I ain't saying Banky's not a good singer . . . he is.
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by tosinaded(m): 10:51am On Mar 09, 2011
Bamsyle.:

Don't get me wrong Tosin . . . Banky's music is predominantly RnB, but if we're looking at the bigger picture, you'll notice some pop influences/components in some of his songs. An example is "Lagos Party".

Darey, on the other hand, does strictly RnB . . . IMO, Darey has no equal when it comes to undiluted RnB, with songs like Escalade and Not The Girl.

And for the avoidance of any doubt, I ain't saying Banky's not a good singer . . . he is.

Banky has got talent. . so if u say that his ability to do pure R&b and also do pop makes him undiluted, den ure being unfair!

besides Banky has got more classical R&B songs than Darey has. . . . .

if u say Darey is undiluted, den am wondering if u also classify carry dey go, banikidi, ijo fuji as R&b songs also
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Phlota(f): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2011
dey r both good, bt its gotta b Darey
Re: King Of Naija Rnb Darey Or Banky? by Bamsyle2(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2011
@tosinadeda

Both artistes are into RnB . . . and both artistes diversify (just like you mentioned) . . . but what I'm saying is simple - if we're rating both dudes when they really do sing RnB, Darey aces Banky W.

Talking classic RnB, I repeat that I'm yet to hear any Nigerian RnB songs that are better than Escalade and Not The Girl.

(1) (Reply)

Shank - Salute Video / Beautiful Music! Celtic Thunder/Celtic Woman! / For Those That Appreciate Quality Videos This Is The Very Video For Your Taste.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.