Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money (349 Views)

Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. / Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by Sanchez01: 3:10am On Oct 11, 2020
I attend one of the largest pentecostal churches in the world and the country and it is surprising that the General Overseer, one of the world's most influential persons in the world, Africa and Nigeria have chosen to remain quiet over the call to end police brutality that has led to so many loss of lives and have thrown even parents who attend these churches in perpetual anguish.

The average religious head in Nigeria today is influential and to an extent wields some extent of power. Most have police details, special squads and well armed security folks who guard them and their families but the hums in some quarters suggest the #EndSARS protest is a protest by Yahoo! boys.

Nigerian religious leaders only speak up when they are directly affected, with CAMA being the most recent example to back this up. Most of them never stopped tweeting about the adverse effects of controlling "the body of Christ" and how the gates of hell will never prevail over the church.

For the first time in the history of Nigeria, a genuine protest, not one that is politically motivated, is growing in leaps and bounds and most church leaders have chosen to remain quiet when youths who make up parts of the church's workforce experience harassment from those that are sworn to protect them.

There is no wisdom in silence here because neutrality helps the oppressor and never the oppressed; silence reinforces the tormentor and never the tormented. Remember, you won't be able to give tithes and offering if you have been plucked like a bird by SARS operatives.

I have had my fair share of SARS operatives, five different encounters since '06 as a matter of fact and I have never worn dreads before, I do not have tattoos, I neither drink nor smoke, don't sag, never engaged in cyber crime before and mostly walk around in corporate wears but I was targeted on five different occasions.

Please, drop an #EndSARS protest note in the offering/tithe basket. It is the best thing you can offer the future and the present at this time, even if you can't join in the physical protests emerging from different parts of the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 11, 2020
All of you will just open your mouths waaa and criticize Pastors at the slightest opportunity. In your mind now, you have attacked the root cause of Police brutality and all of Nigeria's problem! undecided

Most of you calling out Pastors won't call out Imams! Did you vote for a Pastor into government office? If you can't fight for your right, stay in your house instead of looking for who to blame. If not for illiteracy, you would know that what you wrote is total nonsense. The church doesn't need your N20 offering. Stay at home, don't go to Church! Go to the mosque and call out your Alfas, Sheiks and Imams.

The devil has started using this movement to attack men of God who have no business with the present predicaments, but none of you will know this.
When they spoke about CAMA, did you join them to protest? NO! They did it themselves without calling on the general public. Church affairs are church affairs, secular affairs are secular affairs, never to be mistaken for each other.

When you successfully gather IMAMS and BABALAWO, Pastors will join you! Keep your yeye N20 offering in your pocket, the church doesn't need it.

2 Likes

Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by Sanchez01: 4:40am On Oct 11, 2020
[s]
CoderX:
All of you will just open your mouths waaa and criticize Pastors at the slightest opportunity. In your mind now, you have attacked the root cause of Police brutality and all of Nigeria's problem! undecided

Most of you calling out Pastors won't call out Imams! Did you vote for a Pastor into government office? If you can't fight for your right, stay in your house instead of looking for who to blame. If not for illiteracy, you would know that what you wrote is total nonsense. The church doesn't need your N20 offering. Stay at home, don't go to Church! Go to the mosque and call out your Alfas, Sheiks and Imams.

The devil has started using this movement to attack men of God who have no business with the present predicaments, but none of you will know this.
When they spoke about CAMA, did you join them to protest? NO! They did it themselves without calling on the general public. Church affairs are church affairs, secular affairs are secular affairs, never to be mistaken for each other.

When you successfully gather IMAMS and BABALAWO, Pastors will join you! Keep your yeye N20 offering in your pocket, the church doesn't need it.
[/s]
The current uprising will address SARS issues but the shame in all of these is that high profile agencies, bodies, individuals and celebrities from across the world are speaking up against these while services will run the way it should with some of them not saying a thing. Some might say out of pressure today but it doesn't change the fact that it is day 4 since the protest started.

I do not concern myself with Imams or alfas here. Most notable ones are in the North and I believe they would have spoken up if this same SARS madness was happening there.

Two things; it is either you are 25 or younger, still loving with your parents or that you are a mild fanatic.

Right from Bible days, the church meddled with politics and did in the old England with the Catholic Church until pentecostalism became a norm. The pope today influential because he is the first point of contact for the Catholic Church, just as General Overseers are for their churches.

Of course, it is always the devil that will find a way to attack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 11, 2020
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
[s]The current uprising will address SARS issues but the shame in all of these is that high profile agencies, bodies, individuals and celebrities from across the world are speaking up against these while services will run the way it should with some of them not saying a thing. Some might say out of pressure today but it doesn't change the fact that it is day 4 since the protest started.

I do not concern myself with Imams or alfas here. Most notable ones are in the North and I believe they would have spoken up if this same SARS madness was happening there.

Two things; it is either you are 25 or younger, still loving with your parents or that you are a mild fanatic.

Right from Bible days, the church meddled with politics and did in the old England with the Catholic Church until pentecostalism became a norm. The pope today influential because he is the first point of contact for the Catholic Church, just as General Overseers are for their churches.

Of course, it is always the devil that will find a way to attack[/s].

You're not making any sense! Stay in your house don't go to church anymore andnkee quiet! FEM!!!

1 Like

Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by africatv: 5:36am On Oct 11, 2020
Nigerians protest against police brutality in capital Abuja
Hundreds of people have protested against alleged police brutality for a second day across Nigeria after a video of a man allegedly being killed by police went viral.
http://en.hausatv.com/news/content/20123
Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by CosmicPhoenix: 5:48am On Oct 11, 2020
unfortunately many religious zombies won't do this, they adore and worship their pastors

1 Like

Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by IamWonderful: 6:21am On Oct 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by sukerefakere(m): 7:04am On Oct 11, 2020
Don’t spoil business ooo
Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by AntiChristian: 8:09am On Oct 11, 2020
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
The current uprising will address SARS issues but the shame in all of these is that high profile agencies, bodies, individuals and celebrities from across the world are speaking up against these while services will run the way it should with some of them not saying a thing. Some might say out of pressure today but it doesn't change the fact that it is day 4 since the protest started.

Of course, it is always the devil that will find a way to attack.

Please give the Bible verses where Jesus organised a protest with the 12 disciples or with the thousands he fed against the rulers then?

Did Paul organise protests? Verses please.
Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by Sanchez01: 8:55am On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Please give the Bible verses where Jesus organised a protest with the 12 disciples or with the thousands he fed against the rulers then?

Did Paul organise protests? Verses please.
Oh! So it is convenient now to ask for Bible verses where Jesus did this and that but you won't apply the same when these General Overseers buy private jets like it's airtime at the detriment of their sheep's welfare? Why didn't you ask the same when David Ibiyeomie cursed and cussed Freeze just because his 'father in the Lord' was insulted?

Was Jesus subject to the authority of the Land, yes. And so was Elijah but guess what? Elijah, as a servant greater than what today's General Overseers carry combined confronted the authority of Ahab, became a rebel and defended the worship of God. Today's pastors run multiple schools, act as the sole signatory, preach divine protection but walk around with well armed security details. Meanwhile, they can't talk because the Aso Rock is like a home.

I digress a bit; perhaps you cite new Testament references where Jesus encouraged or paid tithe. It is always convenient when you all want to Jesus to suit your narrative.

The fanaticism of you lots will push many into becoming atheists. Not even one but I have an idea why they are always angry.

Anyways, they will soon call for the peace of our Jerusalem during service. So let's go and pray and wish it all away since developed nations all prayed when they should be working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by tobechi74: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2020
Good
Re: Drop an "#EndSARS' Note In The Offering Box In Place Of Money by oluwagbenga98327: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2020
Don’t spoil businesses tonner

(1) (Reply)

God - Call A Spade, A Spade - Do Not Sugar Coat It. - Suffering To Glory / alfa,malam,Celestial Church Of Christ And Cherubim And Serafin Who Dey See Pass? / Buddhist Monk Chops Off His Head As An Offering To Buddha To Reincarnate Him As

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.