Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

#EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired (455 Views)

Police Speak On Abuja Explosion / London police speak on Dokpes's Arrest, Say it’s Connected to A Rape Allegation / Gloria Okolie Is A Member Of IPOB/ESN, A Spy Girl - Police Speak On Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by sharpden: 5:11am On Oct 11, 2020

The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has reacted to the killing of one Jimoh Isiaq, who joined in demonstrating against police brutal unit codenamed (FSARS) today in Ogbomosho, Oyo State.

Nigerians earlier in the week took to the streets and have continued to demand the disbandment of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad over allegations of extortions, killings and violations of human rights.

They discarded pleas from President Muhammadu Buhari that the outfit should be reformed rather than being scrapped. Mr Buhari will speaking yesterday urged citizens not to doubt his administration’s resolve to reform the unit of the NPF.

But defiant Nigerians refused and have continued demonstrating, an action that has now gone global. Today, youths trooped out across major cities nationwide to continue their demands.

In Oyo, Mr Isiaq was reportedly gunned down while the protest was on. But the police denied killing the protester, saying only teargas was fired in a bid to disperse the seemingly angry mob.

“According to the information I gathered from the officers monitoring the protest, the police did not fire shot(s) at anybody,” says Olugbenga Fadeyi, the Public Relations Officer of Oyo command of the force.

“The protesters were allowed for over one hour to carry out their protest and express their grievances until when some of them wanted to forcefully enter the police station with a view to attacking it.

“The police only fired teargas to disperse the protesters; they did not fire shot at anybody as widely reported,’’ Mr Fadeyi said in a Saturday statement.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/endsars-police-speak-on-ogbomoso-killing-claim-only-teargas-was-fired-at-protesters/
Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by Ytgud: 5:17am On Oct 11, 2020
Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by TechyMm0: 5:28am On Oct 11, 2020
What is wrong with this yahoo boys and Cultist trying to hijack this whole process, why attack a police station

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by limeta(f): 5:36am On Oct 11, 2020
TechyMm0:
What is wrong with this yahoo boys and Cultist trying to hijack this whole process, why attack a police station

This will no not work
Call them what you like
How would you know them if you not one of them
Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by LegendAnselm: 5:40am On Oct 11, 2020
TechyMm0:
am pretty sure that u ar waiting for ur family member to be kill if not u, but dont worry it will surely reach u, believe me. but u would tell me the good work sars is doing for u that police, , efcc , dss and army cannot do.or may be u just want to talk because u saw others talking. u better level up
Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by TechyMm0: 5:47am On Oct 11, 2020
LegendAnselm:
am pretty sure that u ar waiting for ur family member to be kill if not u, but dont worry it will surely reach u, believe me.

Whatever you wish my family would happen to your family in 7 folds by God's grace

Forcefully trying to gain entry to a police station or an Army cantonment any where in the world is suicide mission, I barely pointed out this and you are cursing your family

And it is only extremely stupid person that still thinks SARS is the problem and not the whole Nigerian Police, for your naive minded information Mobile Police men handles riot and not SARS and if someone gets killed in a riot it is a Mobile Police Officer that can answer for it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by 3times: 5:49am On Oct 11, 2020
[s]
TechyMm0:

Whatever you wish my family would happen to your family in 7 folds by God's grace

Forcefully trying to gain entry to a police station or an Army cantonment any where in the world is suicide mission, I barely pointed out this and you are cursing your family

[/s]
Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:01am On Oct 11, 2020
TechyMm0:

And it is only extremely stupid person that still thinks SARS is the problem and not the whole Nigerian Police, for your naive information Mobile Police men handles riot and not SARS and if someone gets killed in a riot it is a Mobile Police that can answer for it

No mind am. Too many kids on this forum. I only blame the sleeping moderators.

It is obvious that the so called peaceful protest has been hijacked by cultists, armed robbers and cyber-fraud sympathisers. if not, why attack the police station and expect that nothing will happen?

I won't be surprised to know the innocent boy was even shot by a cultist and painted to make it look like it was done by the police

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by JaneYave(f): 6:06am On Oct 11, 2020
Innocent citizens are protesting against brutality and you did the worst,now they can't own up to their actions.They just provoked more reactions.What a senseless way to handle people demanding for good policing!
Re: #EndSARS: Police speak on Ogbomosho killing, claim only teargas was fired by tillaman(m): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2020
So the tear gas canister’s shrapnel pierce his ribs and took his life right??

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Okowa Sets Up An Eight Man Judicial Panel To Investigate Police Brutality. / #endsars Protesters In Abeokuta Chase Security Operatives Away (VIDEO) / Shooting: Army Lied Against Sanwo-olu – Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.