Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

#Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / #Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer (524 Views)

Victor Osimhen Wins 2023 Nairaland Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award / Fraudster Wipes £175,000 From Riyad Mahrez’s Bank Card / Ahmed Musa Wins Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer by Officialhorlah(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2020
More Nigerian players are coming out to share their ordeal in the hands of officials of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a unit in the Nigeria Police Force, and also joining in the agitations to end the unit immediately.

The latest is former Shooting Stars and Kano Pillars’ attacking midfielder, Tony Edjomariegwe.

Edjomariegwe, who currently plays in Morocco with Moghreb Tétouan, claimed in a Facebook post that SARS officials demanded $1,000 when he was in the country last year for the holidays.

He wrote: “I remembered last year I came back and was stopped by Sars and they told me I was a suspect asking me to call my coach, captain and president of my team. They even asked me which police station I reported to when I came into the country, Even after seeing all evidence of me and my job on youtube and google, they still took me to a police station and ask me to come behind the station while smoking all sorts of stuffs weeds and the rest asking me to pay 1000$. It’s pathetic and annoying seeing the harassment extortions and killings. We nor do again oga president. #Endsarsnow

#Endpolicebrutality��� #EnoughIsEnough��

In the past days, there have been widespread protests across the country as many have expressed their reservations particularly against the activities of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Among other things, SARS officials have been accused of harassment of citizens, intimidation and extra-judicial killings in the discharge of their duties across Nigeria.

Football players ,who are often flamboyant in their lifestyle with many enjoy wearing dreadlocks, dying their hair in different colours and the likes , have been wrongly profiled and harassed by SARS officials on many occasions.

Meanwhile, football superstars Wilfred Ndidi and Asisat Oshoala have added their voices to the #EndSARS campaign.

The two players wondered how wearing dreads or dyed hair would be a crime and jointly called for an end to police brutality.

Ndidi, on his Twitter account, wrote: “#EndSARS for the safety of Nigerians… we are scared to visit home because the people who are meant to protect us are killing us. Looking good with dreads is not a crime…”

#EndSARS for the safety of Nigerians… we are scared to visit home because the people who are meant to protect us are killing us. Looking good with dreads is not a crime..

— Ndidi Wilfred (@Ndidi25) October 10, 2020
Oshoala ,on her Facebook Page, wrote: ”Some of us have good paying jobs and still like our HAIR like this…..DREADLOCK no be crime, to apply DYE for HAIR no be crime.

”And THANKS to everyone that wished me happy birthday yesterday….LOVE ALWAYS ��#EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/419890-endsars-how-sars-officials-demanded-1000-from-me-nigerian-footballer.html

1 Share

Re: #Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer by Muyiwaipere(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2020
Lol..e reach una side
Re: #Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer by izuch(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2020
Story
Re: #Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:12am On Oct 11, 2020
End SARS now
Re: #Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer by Holumhidey(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2020
there is a guy in my street; he carries dreadlock. He has being arrested multiple times because of the hair, last week i saw him carrying bololo
Re: #Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2020
izuch:
Story
until he reach you

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: How SARS Officials Demanded $1,000 From Me – Nigerian Footballer by PlayForFun: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2020
To idiots now, the player too is a Yahoo guy or a criminal for supporting #EndSars.

We all know Falz will never support fraud....now, he's one of the celebrities really in support of the terrorists scrapped....in fact, the guy dey vex!

FG have 2 options;

1...... #EndSars or

2...... Permit us to attack and kill any SARS patrol on the streets.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OFFICIAL: Cadiz Sets New La Liga Record After Beating Barcelona / ‘you Will Pay With Your Life’ – Neymar Injury Led To Death Threats For Thiago / Onyekuru’s Agent, William D’avila, Confirms Galatasaray Move Is Imminent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.