Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? (28065 Views)

Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? / Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband / Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by ayanah(f): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2011
wives, what would you do when your husband starts beating you up?
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by mamagee3(f): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2011
You're a reetard!

The wives sit down and watch their husbands beat them.

Afterall, he's her husband, raasclat! grin
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by obowunmi(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2011
Mama-gee, why call anyone a retard ?
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by mamagee3(f): 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2011
obowunmi:

Mama-gee, why call anyone a not-so-smart person ?
I don't get your English, bro. grin grin grin
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Brite02(m): 12:17am On Mar 06, 2011
mama-gee:

You're a reetard!

The wives sit down and watch their husbands beat them.

Afterall, he's her husband, raasclat! grin

Mama gee, easy! easy!! Ah mk we hear word.

C'mon D OP ask a simple QUESTN & u ended up unleashin ya terror on d OP. Wia z ya sense of humor?
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by obowunmi(m): 12:19am On Mar 06, 2011
Why call OP a reettard ? That's my question to you.
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by ifyalways(f): 7:39am On Mar 06, 2011
what sort of question is this?
Go through the many domestic abuse threads we have in nld,it wud give u an idea of what an "average churchous nigerian model wife" would do.
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 06, 2011
Stay and work on your marriage. You cannot afford to leave your home especially if kids are involved. Who will marry a woman with kids anyway? "It is better to be one man's slave than a slave to everybody" . Look at the big picture and stop judging based on sentiments. Try and work on your husband and make him happy. If he doesn't want you to get a job , please quit looking for a job and channel your energy on making your marriage work. As long as he provides for you, he has a right to tell you to stop looking for a job. If he verbally abusesĀ  i.e calls you a witch, ingrate, ashawo e.t.c please don't get mad at him afterall men are big babies and you know what? they are allowed to call their wives names, any man that does not call his wife "names" isn't a good husband.It is expected of a man to do as he so pleases.

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by obowunmi(m): 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2011
@OP you MUST punch him back --- if you can't do this, pay thugs to beat him to a pulp on ya behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by obowunmi(m): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2011
Jenny uve just described a sadist.
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by adamsrib(f): 5:07pm On Mar 06, 2011
jennykadry:

Stay and work on your marriage. You cannot afford to leave your home especially if kids are involved. Who will marry a woman with kids anyway? "It is better to be one man's slave than a slave to everybody" . Look at the big picture and stop judging based on sentiments. Try and work on your husband and make him happy. If he doesn't want you to get a job , please quit looking for a job and channel your energy on making your marriage work. As long as he provides for you, he has a right to tell you to stop looking for a job. If he verbally abusesĀ  i.e calls you a witch, ingrate, ashawo e.t.c please don't get mad at him afterall men are big babies and you know what? they are allowed to call their wives names, any man that does not call his wife "names" isn't a good husband.It is expected of a man to do as he so pleases.

undecided

Lol, you nailed it. I know it shouldn't be funny, but in every domestic abuse thread, several women say exactly that.

In my house will be BIGGEST WAHALA Africa has ever seen.
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2011
jennykadry:

Stay and work on your marriage. You cannot afford to leave your home especially if kids are involved. Who will marry a woman with kids anyway? "It is better to be one man's slave than a slave to everybody" . Look at the big picture and stop judging based on sentiments. Try and work on your husband and make him happy. If he doesn't want you to get a job , please quit looking for a job and channel your energy on making your marriage work. As long as he provides for you, he has a right to tell you to stop looking for a job. If he verbally abuses i.e calls you a witch, ingrate, ashawo e.t.c please don't get mad at him afterall men are big babies and you know what? they are allowed to call their wives names, any man that does not call his wife "names" isn't a good husband.It is expected of a man to do as he so pleases.

undecided

Hehehehehehehheheee, You got it right my sister, The advice people give to women here dey tire me. Stay there and die, die in your husbands house, it is better to die than to be a divorce, the shame, the scandal, no landlord will give you house, your family will reject you, let him kill you afterall he has paid your bride price. Na so marriage be. Na do or die. Dont talk oh, even if the word you say is good morning sir, if he doesnt like it, allow him to chain your mouth, he is your master

3 Likes

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by elrony(m): 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2011
so serious, if he does it deliberately or outta stupidity sue him to women welfare, or do it the flexible way by txtin me, wat i 'll do to him will make him wish he was already dead,

i hate when men hit their wives, and when wivez tense up their husband for little avoidable thinz

2 Likes

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2011
//
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by mamagee3(f): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2011
Brite02:

Mama gee, easy! easy!! Ah mk we hear word.

C'mon D OP ask a simple QUESTN & u ended up unleashin ya terror on d OP. Wia z ya sense of humor?
I don't get why a normal human being would ask such a reetarded question.

Afterall, this is a question about domestic violence and shouldn't be tolerated in anyway.

So, asking such questions is an offense to me.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Brite02(m): 12:03am On Mar 07, 2011
mama-gee:

I don't get why a normal human being would ask such a reetarded question.

Afterall, this is a question about domestic violence and shouldn't be tolerated in anyway.

So, asking such questions is an offense to me.

Ok o0. . Evry1 z entitle 2 dia opinion, rite? cool But u sounded 2 personal, hw angry/cheerful do nt affect hw/wat answers d OP is searching 4. . . . Lyf is a learnin process, we learn fins evryday. .if u go on lk dz i bet no1 z gonna learn sumfin 4rm ya, ok?
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by mamagee3(f): 12:05am On Mar 07, 2011
Brite02:

Ok o0. . Evry1 z entitle 2 dia opinion, rite? cool But u sounded 2 personal, hw angry/cheerful do nt affect hw/wat answers d OP is searching 4. . . . Lyf is a learnin process, we learn fins evryday. .if u go on lk dz i bet no1 z gonna learn sumfin 4rm ya, ok?
Can you please type in standardized English?

Quit being a lazy duck and type in terms one can easily understand and follow.
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Brite02(m): 12:44am On Mar 07, 2011
Ok o0. . Everyone is entitles to his/her own opinion cool But u sounded 2 personal, how angry/cheerful you may be do not affect how/what answers d poster is searching for. . . . Lyf is a learning process, we learn diffferent things everyday. .if u go on like this i bet no one is gonna learn a thing from u, ok?

*Are u ok with this standard english ?*
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by obowunmi(m): 12:50am On Mar 07, 2011
Brite, don't mind mamagee --- she's forgotten to take her medication.
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by dayokanu(m): 5:51am On Mar 07, 2011
Buy him whips
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2011
aisha2:

Hehehehehehehheheee, You got it right my sister, The advice people give to women here dey tire me. Stay there and die, die in your husbands house, it is better to die than to be a divorce, the shame, the scandal, no landlord will give you house, your family will reject you, let him kill you afterall he has paid your bride price. Na so marriage be. Na do or die. Dont talk oh, even if the word you say is good morning sir, if he doesnt like it, allow him to chain your mouth, he is your master

Ehen naaa LOL, me I have started campaigning against women leaving their marital home after one hot slap from their hubby. A woman should be able to accept a 100 slaps before actually moving out of the house. She needs to endure her marriage and not enjoy her marriage. grin
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2011
jennykadry:

Ehen naaa LOL, me I have started campaigning against women leaving their marital home after one hot slap from their hubby. A woman should be able to accept a 100 slaps before actually moving out of the house. She needs to endure her marriage and not enjoy her marriage. grin
Yes oh, infact am doing the same thing, we should start an NGO on this issue, why willl women be running from small small slap and beating
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2011
aisha2:

Yes oh, infact am doing the same thing, we should start an NGO on this issue, why willl women be running from small small slap and beating
LMAO grin grin grin @small small slap

Why do you think I came to you? na because you know alot about NGO's. No woman should just leave her marriage like that aisha. We women have to work hard on our marriages. We cannot afford to leave our husbands once he starts using our pregnant tummies for "football" and our mental/psychological status for " verbal nansense "
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by ifyalways(f): 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^^You guys forgot that all women endure same and even worst things in their homes but come online and pose. grin
LMAO.
Funny thing is that they get abused over and over again,they keep changing Id's to share and re-share their pathetic stories but yet they refuse to do something . . .I wonder really how hard it is to say NO,I've had enough.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2011
//
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2011
jennykadry:

LMAO grin grin grin @small small slap

Why do you think I came to you? na because you know alot about NGO's. No woman should just leave her marriage like that aisha. We women have to work hard on our marriages. We cannot afford to leave our husbands once he starts using our pregnant tummies for "football" and our mental/psychological status for " verbal nansense "
Yes my sister oh, you know if you leave him another woman go come enter sharp sharp, do you know how many women are dying to be married, stay there oh, even if na kill make e kill you, after all na till death do una part, what greater death than to die in the hands of the one you love.

1 Like

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2011
Yes madam CC as hard as it is, i walked, its still hard oh but am surviving the storm. Meanwhile no beating was involved, just lots of emotional torture
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2011
jennykadry:

aisha2:

ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2011
ifyalways:

^^^You guys forgot that all women endure same and even worst things in their homes but come online and pose. grin
LMAO.
Funny thing is that they get abused over and over again,they keep changing Id's to share and re-share their pathetic stories but yet they refuse to do something . . .I wonder really how hard it is to say NO,I've had enough.

Exactly my sister.

Funny enough, some could not take it anymore and walked . . but yet God Forbid that someone else should do the same. undecided undecided
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2011
Madam CC, dont worry, i will include it as my signature that man almost drove me to suicide, so i have no moral right to talk about relationshilps ko
Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2011
//

1 Like

Re: Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2011
chaircover:

I dont beleive that I said anything about anyone having no right to comment about relationships. Its a free world and anyone can talk about anything.

Having said that, Absolutely No one is an expert on relationships because all relationships are different & what works for A may be a taboo for B etc, however the rain check question to check if you are on the home run is can you pray that ones daughter marrys the same kind of man one is in a relationship with? . . . Food for thought I know.

Only when you can hand on heart answer a yes to that question can you really say that you have an almost perfect marriage/relationship and very few people fall into that category, which means that many are working on their relationships in one way or another anyway.

A lot of people come to this section for help/encouragement/support/advice etc and the motive of most of us here is to try and help in our own little way; of course we all cant to agree on everything; that's just life.

Anyways, The poster in question has probably gone off and reconciled with her husband and they are busy making baby number 4 and we are here poking cheap jabs at each other.

No vex. I know everybody get in own and i know that God cannot give you more than you can carry. I dey here dey carry my own cross, nut sometimes we have to make tough decisions which may not be popular, if you hear my own story you go sgick but by his grace i will overcome every trial and so is my prayer for every woman with a burden. If you have a husband who is not physically of verbally abusive you are blessed, those men will drain you, you will spend your time, energy and resources trying to make it work but 90% of the time those men will drive women to thier graves. Anyway make i go sleep. Am sorry if i said anything out of place, you are a great woman, stay cool. Thanks for your valuable advice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? / Nigerian Woman Weeping At Her Mother's Grave / Josiah Mutihir: Nigeria To Experience Unplanned COVID-19 Babies By November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.