Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? (38083 Views)

As a christian,I feel cheated whenever I come across this (picture) / How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. / I Always Have Weird Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by fyncorp: 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2011
Tears always flow from my eyes whenever I try praying or praising God.It is bothering me a lot.
I am not very religious and I am not a great sinner.Does it signify anything?
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Image123(m): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2011
It means you're a very emotional person. One doesn't have to be a great sinner to qualify for God's judgement, all you need is to be a sinner. JeSus died for all sinners, great and small. He can wash you and make you a sparkling saint right now. All you need to do is believe, confess your sins to him, regret them before Him and rePent. Invite and accept Him into your heart and life. You become a free man immediately, and i can call you my brother.
Then you'll revel in our Jesus will take your seeming weakness and turn it to His strength, and we can also beam and grin from ear to nose. Take my advice please.

2 Likes

Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by naijacutee(f): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2011
You might not be very religious, nor a "great sinner" (whatever that means), but you might just be quite an emotional person whose emotional trigger is prayer. It's probably natural, not spiritual.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2011
you're just an emotional person, i should think.

you could easily cry over other things too.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by HISservant: 12:38am On Mar 06, 2011
It could mean a lot of things, you would be in the best position more than another human being to determine. But if guessed, if you do so while praying, it could mean you are really a child of The Most High GOD, in which case, you are not alone! smiley

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:11

Though know this, The LORD GOD knows all things.  "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." - 2 Timothy 2:19

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
" - Psalm 139:13-17

Crying during prayer is not a bad thing,  it often denotes sincerity, definitely love, truth (at least from my very humble perspective)
"And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. Jesus wept. Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!" - John 11:34-36. The Lord JESUS CHRIST is "mighty GOD" (Isaiah 9:6), The Almighty (Revelations 1:cool,  even when HE came to earth in the flesh, HE never ceases to have compassion and love.  Here HE raised Lazarus from the dead, a picture of how the LORD GOD calls HIS own to life & salvation in The Lord JESUS CHRIST, giving them eternal life through HIS mercy & atoning sacrifice.  Praise The LORD GOD!

Other examples of men/children of GOD weeping before the LORD GOD / Lord JESUS CHRIST in prayer -
2 Kings 20:5
"Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD." - king Hezekiah
Job 16:20
"My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God." - Job
Psalm 6:6
"I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears." - king David, the sweet psalmist of Israel, by the grace of GOD
Lamentations 2:11
"Mine eyes do fail with tears, my bowels are troubled, my liver is poured upon the earth, for the destruction of the daughter of my people; because the children and the sucklings swoon in the streets of the city." - prophet Jeremiah
"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him." - Mark 9:23-25  - father of the possessed boy
"And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment." - Luke 7:37-39  - the sinful woman

-------------
Matthew 5:4
"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."

Isaiah 25:8
"He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it."

Revelation 21:4
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

2 Likes

Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 06, 2011
if you do so while praying, it could mean you are really a child of The Most High GOD

um, not so fast.

slow down a bit.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by HISservant: 3:04am On Mar 06, 2011
@tpiah!"um, not so fast.
            slow down a bit."

"if you do so while praying, it could mean you are really a child of The Most High GOD"

You notice i say could, followed by holy Scripture indicating that the person and GOD knows more than any??  You don't want them to believe??
------
Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 06, 2011
It happens when I'm in intense prayer.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by jpworld(m): 5:42am On Mar 06, 2011
Maybe you are poor man, Poor people always cry whenever dey pray, so that God can make them rich,

1 Like

Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 06, 2011
^^And do you really think you're benefiting yourself mocking things you don' understand? undecided
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by seyibrown(f): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2011
It could be purely emotional or Spiritual, out of love or grieving! It is how you feel afterwards that matters. Do you feel a soothing calmness, Joy, confidence, assurance, inner strength, the need to pray more, or the need to put certain things right?
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by fyncorp: 2:18am On Mar 07, 2011
I thank you all for your responses and advise.
I am just bothered because i see it very embarrassing for an old man of my age to be shedding tears in public places like church or public gathering.Even when the prayer is just an opening prayer or raising of the the blessed sacrament.
I am not that emotional as hardly cry in circumstances outside prayer/worship.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by LoveKing(m): 8:49am On Mar 07, 2011
tpiah!:

you're just an emotional person, i should think.

you could easily cry over other things too.

Like Sex wink
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 07, 2011
^^you need Jesus that's for sure.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by LoveKing(m): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2011
tpiah!:

^^you need Jesus that's for sure.

hey come off it. You need sex, thats for sure.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2011
^are you sure you're supposed to be in this section because you're not even pretending to be religious.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by jpworld(m): 10:51am On Mar 07, 2011
I think ur main problem is poverty and frustration, as an old man, did ur children abandoned u to suffer? prayer cannot solve ur problem, u will just have to face the problem u created 4 urself, u had a bad foundation during ur young age.

1 Like

Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by fyncorp: 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2011
I am 30 years old,Single,I have my own business and house in choice places in lagos and portharcourt.I cannot be described as old or poor.People should be careful when making comments in public threads like this.I am only looking for an answer/interpretation.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by seyibrown(f): 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
fyncorp:

I am just bothered because i see it very embarrassing for an old man of my age to be shedding tears in public places like church or public gathering.[/b]Even when the prayer is just an opening prayer or raising of the the blessed sacrament.

[b]Romans 1:16 - I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Do not be ashamed of anything connected to the good news of Christ! grin Do not be asahmed of your love and desire for more of Christ! Do not resist the Holy Spirit. Let him take you where he wants you to be!
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by newmi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2011
First things first, crying while praying is in itself not wrong but be that as it may, something becomes wrong with when the purpose, inspiration or intent is faulty. For instance, when prays and then engage in crying out of self pity or condemnition then that is wrong.

But one could cry for an attempt to contemplate the larger than lige nature of the love of God, a comprehension of His faithfulness, His gift of grace and salvation void of works
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2011
fyncorp:

I am 30 years old,Single,I have my own business and house in choice places in lagos and portharcourt.I cannot be described as old or poor.People should be careful when making comments in public threads like this.I am only looking for an answer/interpretation.

i wonder why you called yourself an old man @ 30.

see now:

jpworld:

I think your main problem is poverty and frustration, as an old man, did your children abandoned u to suffer? prayer cannot solve your problem, u will just have to face the problem u created 4 urself, u had a bad foundation during your young age.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2011
fyncorp:

I am just bothered because i see it very embarrassing for an old man of my age to be shedding tears in public places like church or public gathering.Even when the prayer is just an opening prayer or raising of the the blessed sacrament.

do you have some emotional memories connected to church?

were your parents [especially your mum] religious, did you use to be very religious, etc.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by jpworld(m): 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ poster u own nothings, u are a poor goat, just praying and crying to make money like ur other mate, In Nigeria tell me which Rich man cry and pray. I repeat poverty and frustration is seriously disturbing you.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
LoveKing:

hey come off it. You need sex, thats for sure.
grin grin
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by koolchicco: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2011
@OP

It's called anointing(ie wen u feel the presence of God).
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2011
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by 21052011: 11:44am On Mar 15, 2011
@OP It happens to me to when I am immersed in prayer
guess we might never know why?

for some odd reasons It doesnt happen to me often in church cause I am always distracted in church
but it happens during my quiet time and when I am in tongues especially
It could be embarassing tho

I remember once when I was praying in church for the fruit of the womb after almost 5 years and the choir sang a certain song
I just bursted out in tears and started bawling like a baby(note I am an ICE QUEEN IN REAL LIFE, I AM A HARD GIRL)
I was embarrased and couldnt help it ,the more I was trying to stop crying,the more tears,sputtum,cattarh and all the un-imaginables were coming out and ruining my make up grin grin grin grin grin grin

My husband was obviously in a state of shock(hes seen me cry only a handful of times) and was concern for my emotional state cheesy and naija ppl dey stare o I felt like people were thinking I was emotionally un-stable grin grin grin grin grin

so whenever choir starts that song now I just zone out lol
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
21-05-2011:

guess we might never know why?

for some odd reasons It doesnt happen to me often in church cause I am always distracted in church
but it happens during my quiet time and when I am in tongues especially
It could be embarassing tho

I remember once when I was praying in church for the fruit of the womb after almost 5 years and the choir sang a certain song
I just bursted out in tears and started bawling like a baby(note I am an ICE QUEEN IN REAL LIFE, I AM A HARD GIRL)
I was embarrased and couldnt help it ,the more I was trying to stop crying,the more tears,sputtum,cattarh and all the un-imaginables were coming out and ruining my make up grin grin grin grin grin grin

My husband was obviously in a state of shock(hes seen me cry only a handful of times) and was concern for my emotional state cheesy and naija ppl dey stare o I felt like people were thinking I was emotionally un-stable grin grin grin grin grin

so whenever choir starts that song now I just zone out lol

Very funny
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by isalegan2: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2011
fyncorp:

Tears always flow from my eyes whenever I try praying or praising God.It is bothering me a lot.
I am not very religious and I am not a great sinner.Does it signify anything?

1) It may be the nature of the prayer.  Recitations of favourite or memorable passages can elicit strong emotional reaction, memories of other events or people associated with the prayer, even the melody, etc.
2) An emotional person could have strong reaction to anything that moves them.  Some people are just emotional in many situations they experience.

21-05-2011:

I just bursted out in tears  and started bawling like a baby(note I am an ICE QUEEN IN REAL LIFE, I AM A HARD GIRL)
I was embarrased and couldnt help it ,the more I was trying to stop crying. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin

My husband was obviously in a state of shock(hes seen me cry only a handful of times) and was concern for my emotional state  cheesy and naija ppl dey stare o I felt like people were thinking I was emotionally un-stable  grin grin grin grin grin 

Being an ice queen ones whole life can come to bite one in the behind.  cry cry cry embarassed At least your comeuppance came about during a moving religious service.  wink  cheesy
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by 21052011: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^
what I mean is that I hardly ever show emotions
like a lot of ppl say I act like a man
dont do mushy things and such
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
Well, the op didnt give specific reasons for his own tears. Obviously there`s more to his story.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by isalegan2: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2011
21-05-2011:

^^^
what I mean is that I hardly ever show emotions
like a lot of ppl say I act like a man
dont do mushy things and such

smiley I got ya the first time.  I totally understand.  I meant to say, in my original reply, that I was the same way, in not displaying a lot of emotion - certainly the non-crying part.  I just pulled my punches and didn't fully share that I also bawled like a so-and-so when my time came. 

See? That ice queenness never truly leaves you.  tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Jos: St Finbarrs Catholic Church, Rayfield! / Is MMM A Sin? / "Emmanuel Atewe Gave N35M To Winners Chapel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.