Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

"Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) (1306 Views)

Man Attacks Reno Omokri After #HarassBuhariOutOfNewYork Protest (Video) / Lady Who Was Shot Dead During #EndSARS Protest In Awka, Buried Today (Photos) / 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Ndibunna: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2020
As Nigerians took to the streets across the country, asking the government to end SARS because of the brutality they have subjected young Nigerians to, a gay rights activist used the opportunity to call attention to the fact that members of the LGBTQ community are also victims of police brutality.
Stories abound of Nigerian men who said they were assaulted by SARS officials because they look gay, or because they were wearing waist beads.
Back in 2018, a hairy stylist named Idowu Oluwatosin Olakunle cried out on social media after he was locked up for roughly 8 hours on allegations that he looked too "slim and gay" after he was picked up as he boarded a bus heading to a client’s home in Ogudu, Lagos.
Only months ago, 8 police officers were arrested after social media influencer, Olumide Bakare revealed he was harrassed and extorted after being accused of being gay (read here ).
As Nigerians are calling out the police for profiling them as fraudsters because of their looks (dreads, tattoos) and belongings (laptops, cars), members of the LGBTQ community have used to opportunity to make it clear on social media that they do not deserve to be harrassed because of their sexuality or how they look.

"Why do I get beaten up 4 being femme and perceived gay?" Gay rights activist, Matthew Blaise wrote on his placard during the protest.

Another placard he carried reads: "#QueerLivesMatter #EndSARSNow!"

https://www.instagram.com/lindaikejiblogofficial/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/10/queer-lives-matter-lgbtq-activist-screams-during-endsars-protest-video.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Righteousness89(m): 11:45am On Oct 12, 2020
I Perceived these Sons and Daughters of Belai would use this opportunity to make a case for their Wicked acts!

I wanna Advice Nigeria as a Country and Nigerians as a People!
GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Man. GOD is not Someone to joke with.

There are Personal Punishment and Calamities. There are also National Punishment and Calamities.

When individuals decide to go Vehemently against God, they get the Consequences, Personal Punishments and Calamities..

When a Nation decides to adopt such Wicked and abominable acts , the Nation gets National Judgement and Punishment from God..

I Advice Nigeria and Nigerians! Do not Heed to or Partake in Supporting these Sons and Daughters of Belai !
Reject these Evils!
Reject these Abominations!
Reject these Wickedness!

Go on YouTube and See the Wrath of God in Nations in these times.
Nations , Cities and People are Being Consume Because of these Wicked acts..

GOD ALMIGHTY is Merciful! HE is Kind! HE is Loving!

HE is Also Terrible!
HE is Also a Consuming Fire!
It's a Terrible thing to Fall into the Hands of an Angry GOD!

Warning!!If we are not Careful! GOD WILL DESTROY HUMANITY AGAIN

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by baliyubla: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2020
End time protester. Let me leave the preaching for the pastor above me who’s already here. grin
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 12, 2020
How many protest is really going on pls..

Wow

So every body get matter wey dey worry am

Some said endsars
others said Do not end sars

these ones are saying Queer live matters..

IGP should just eat and rest..
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by osuulola(m): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2020
Interesting!

I wonder why Nigerians are quick to judge other folks lifestyle that doesn't affect them. If s/he is gay and respecting others right and isn't provocative, how is it anyone's business.

If you're a law officer, take them to court without abusing their human rights. That's what's civil to do.

I wonder why anyone will be gay, a prostitute or even adulterous. I wonder more why anyone will be violent against other people's sexual choices.

3 Likes

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Sirmwill: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2020
No long talk.Pastor is here
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by verlmoon: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2020
you people should go and do your own protest and see how many people will join you. this one no follow o

1 Like

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2020
What we all should have stand for is #EndPOLICEbrutality, not just #EndSARS, because from the onset, they said to us.
SARS will be reformed(2015),
restructured(2016),
reorganized (2017),
reformed(2018),
immediately disbanded(2019),
now dissolved(2020)...(who is fooling who?)
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2020
Sirmwill:
No long talk.Pastor is here
If he writes nonsense then he will eat his words.
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by starbuck(f): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2020
Righteousness89..

Come in here, na only you suppose put mouth for this matter

1 Like

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by BOOZELEE: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lols

Fagz dem don highjack the struggle.

The Gay-briel hide under SARS protest. cheesy
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Please your opinon and encouragement is needed here please. For the sake of my little kids just click on the link to read thanks https://www.nairaland.com/6172754/100000-naira-loan
Ndibunna:
As Nigerians took to the streets across the country, asking the government to end SARS because of the brutality they have subjected young Nigerians to, a gay rights activist used the opportunity to call attention to the fact that members of the LGBTQ community are also victims of police brutality.
Stories abound of Nigerian men who said they were assaulted by SARS officials because they look gay, or because they were wearing waist beads.
Back in 2018, a hairy stylist named Idowu Oluwatosin Olakunle cried out on social media after he was locked up for roughly 8 hours on allegations that he looked too "slim and gay" after he was picked up as he boarded a bus heading to a client’s home in Ogudu, Lagos.
Only months ago, 8 police officers were arrested after social media influencer, Olumide Bakare revealed he was harrassed and extorted after being accused of being gay (read here ).
As Nigerians are calling out the police for profiling them as fraudsters because of their looks (dreads, tattoos) and belongings (laptops, cars), members of the LGBTQ community have used to opportunity to make it clear on social media that they do not deserve to be harrassed because of their sexuality or how they look.

"Why do I get beaten up 4 being femme and perceived gay?" Gay rights activist, Matthew Blaise wrote on his placard during the protest.

Another placard he carried reads: "#QueerLivesMatter #EndSARSNow!"

https://www.instagram.com/lindaikejiblogofficial/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/10/queer-lives-matter-lgbtq-activist-screams-during-endsars-protest-video.html

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by LadyExcellency: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
What next?

Pedophiles lives matter
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by daddytime(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lol
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by illicit(m): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na dem....
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Perceived these Sons and Daughters of Belai would use this opportunity to make a case for their Wicked acts!

There are Personal Punishment and Calamities and National Punishment and Calamities.
When individuals decide to go Vehemently against God, they get their Personal Punishments and Calamities..

When a Nation decides to adopt such Wicked and abominable acts , the Nation gets National Judgement and Punishment from God..

I Advice Nigeria and Nigerians! Do not Heed to or Partake in Supporting these Sons and Daughters of Belai !
Reject these Evils!
Reject these Wickedness!

It's a Terrible thing to Fall Hands of an Angry GOD!

Are you worthy to stand before God?

How do you know that the wrath of God is domicilled in Youtube?

Are you far better than nations that have adopted it?

If I hand over to you USA visa will you reject it because God's judgement will soon come upon USA?

You are part of the problem of modern day civilisation.

The white man came and said let's us pray, everyone closed their eyes and upon opening it they have the technology and dash us their everlasting stories.

No wonder it was only whitemen that saw God in the Bible and the only African country was tagged Egypt and promise land canaan belongs to white.

3 Likes

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by daddytime(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Righteousness89:

There are Personal Punishment and Calamities and National Punishment and Calamities.
When individuals decide to go Vehemently against God, they get their Personal Punishments and Calamities..

Reject these Evils!
Reject these Wickedness!

It's a Terrible thing to Fall Hands of an Angry GOD!

Come on...

If you were handed a visa to one of the headquarters of these queery lifestyles in any of the developed western countries you'd fly at It without hesitation.

Those countries are evil going by your judgment but yet more prosperous than our over-religious and backward country and continent.

How do you reconcile these?

And why would God as omniscient create what he knows some of his creations like you won't like, tolerate, or understand?

Did God make a mistake?

1 Like

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
daddytime:

Come on...

If you were handed a visa to one of the headquarters of these queery lifestyles in any of the developed western countries you'd fly at It without hesitation.

Those countries are evil going by your judgment but yet more prosperous than our over-religious and backward country and continent.

How do you reconcile these?

And why would God as omniscient create what he knows some of his creations like you won't like, tolerate, or understand?

Did God make a mistake?

Don't waste your time on end time pastors with no bearing.
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by FarahAideed: 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
This protest is beginning to have all the signature of Antifa

1 Like

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by NaijirianKing: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Interesting.

Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Neddstark: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
The EndSARS movement is a valid call against police brutality and robbery.
Trust Nigerians, it has been officially hijacked by societal nuisances who suddenly realized that they have a voice.
1. Fraudsters
2. Cultists
3. Prostitutes
4. Area Boys
5. Ipob
6. Lazy youths
7. Armed Robbers
8. Clout Chasers i.e Davido, Tacha, Toke
9. Homosexuals and lesbians
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by olamiji98448: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
What next?Pedophiles lives question
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by deboysben(m): 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
grin grin
It's well
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by Ndibunna: 6:11am On Nov 05, 2020
Only yoruba names been mentioned.
Haba
lgbt on the beat in Nigeria
Re: "Queer Lives Matter" LGBTQ Activist Screams During #endsars Protest (video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:31am On Nov 05, 2020
People are free to protest. Mad people, strange people, weirdo's are now protesting

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Pays Condolence Visit To Sen. Egba Over Death Of Wife (photos) / Jerusalem Violence: Deadly Air Strikes Hit Gaza After Rocket Attacks / Plane Crash: Attahiru Was Determined To End Boko Haram – Gov Zulum Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.