Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,472 members, 7,954,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges (48350 Views)

Edo Speaker, Okiye, Six Others Formally Defect To PDP / Edo Speaker, Frank Okiye Dumps APC For PDP / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by kahal29: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
lograr:

Let's be honest. The speaker has always be on the side of obaseki from day one. He was one of the few persons inaugurated by Obaseki. It was even the speaker that declared the seats of the other law makers vacant.
Just like Anselm ojesua was on the side of Obaseki as an Apc member, that's how this speaker was on the side of Obaseki. In fact, unlike Anselm, the speaker openly supported Obaseki. Both Anselm and the speaker never campaign for the APC governorship candidate. Thats how loyal he was
If he was against the governor he wouldn't have been a legislator in government house

Don't mind them by the time Obaseki is through with them they won't have mouth to talk again.

After standing by Obaseki through thick and thin, Frank Okiye, Edo Assembly speaker was impeached inside government house.

What a reward for loyalty!

2 Likes

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by jude33084(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
kahal29:

When you sell your brother, his buyers will never trust you.

The God of Oshiomole is fighting for him..... One by one dem don dey go....

God of who? shocked shocked
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by kahal29: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
jude33084:

God of who? shocked shocked

Una eyes go soon clear...... When devil give you cap wear, na ya head be the target ��

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by Erojepromise(f): 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
good Obaseki do not condone theives.
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
error o,

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by frankyychiji(f): 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
kahal29:

Oga I know you are suprised at the turn of events. Obaseki has finished using the speaker and has now dumped him and you are here shouting Oshiomole up and down when the impeachment was carried out in the Government House where the House of Assembly is temporary sitting because of the ongoing renovation.
Conspiracy theorist!

See as you carry the matter for head like gala!

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by ekestic1976(f): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
Democracy in danger. ICC, HAGUE, WHITEHOUSE, QUEEN ELIZABETH

Please, which international body again?

Naughty Naijaman grin grin grin
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by kahal29: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2020
frankyychiji:
Conspiracy theorist!

See as you carry the matter for head like gala!

Shee the impeachment surprise you? Una never see anything yet? The former speaker was busy shouting PEPPER DEM OOOOO three weeks ago without knowing the peppering will start from him. This is Just the beginning

3 Likes

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by okoloemmalex(m): 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Obaseki needs to do a thorough cleaning, the house has been desecrated and dirty.

he knows the chameleons. loyalty and agreement needs to be rewarded as well.
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by famology(m): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
leokid866:

Those Apc have had obasekis back since day one which is why he inaugurated them and ignored others......still 3 against 7 does not favour Apc.

Those 3 campaigned openly for their candidate and party ,apc not obaseki and pdp. They returned to the assembly to continue with legislative business after the election. My response is basically to cure the wrong use of the word ALL.
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by Chimasoka: 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Shocking! If That Man Is Buhari I Will Stop Serving God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZVq_mHpMM
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by leokid866: 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
famology:

Those 3 campaigned openly for their candidate and party ,apc not obaseki and pdp. They returned to the assembly to continue with legislative business after the election. My response is basically to cure the wrong use of the word ALL.
Yes and all the Apc governors stood behind ize iyanmu but we all know what was happening
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by Dreament(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
leokid866:

They don't know how to cover obasekis horns so they are just throwing shot at the wall hoping something sticks.
not just impeachment alone. Also suspended for three months
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by Dreament(m): 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
famology:

What's this one saying? Is the former speaker not from esan land? If it was an agreement he won't be impeached, he would've resigned. And for your information he wasn't even in the assembly. That's why they're 9 that did the impeachment and adjourned immediately.
the same SPEAKER was also suspended for three months
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by Dreament(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
okuta007:

Did Edo North vote for Obaseki? NOPE

we can not have a deputy governor from Edo North and Speaker from Edo North

What will the Esan people of Edo Central who voted for Obaseki have ? Should the Esan people be continually marginalized even when they earned a place at the table by voting massively for Obaseki? so Okiye being impeached was a necessary evil

However - I will not rest until the name Edo University Iyhamo is changed to AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY - Iyhamo Campus, just like UNN and UNEC

Oshomole’s name must not be immortalized in future for creating the confusion of building a second state university for political reasons when we already have a state university that was insufficiently funded

#changeEdoUniversityIyahmotoAAUIyahmo
it seems ur stupidity has really affected ur brain. Point of correction, the impeached speaker is from Edo central. Uromi to be precise same with the new speaker which is from esan central. Ekpoma to be precise. Ur hatred for Osho has limited ur level of reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by oshorstan(m): 5:27am On Oct 13, 2020
Amb Marcus Onobun, Member rep Esan West Constituency 2 is a great Man. His emergence as Speaker doesn't surprise me. I have known him for 6 years now n he's someone Edo people trust. As for Okiye, well I think something serious was discovered about him n the house wasn't comfortable having him as their speaker, so they had to pass a vote of zero confidence on him , which is constitutional. When I hear some persons blaming the Governor, I just laugh. This is simply Legislative business. GGO doesn't have any interest in EDHA business, He's too occupied for that. I will speak about the Esan Agenda soon.

God bless Amb. Hon. Marcus Onobun
God bless Godwin Obaseki and Philip Shuabu
Obaghatokpere Ise

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by oshorstan(m): 5:33am On Oct 13, 2020
okuta007:

Did Edo North vote for Obaseki? NOPE

we can not have a deputy governor from Edo North and Speaker from Edo North

What will the Esan people of Edo Central who voted for Obaseki have ? Should the Esan people be continually marginalized even when they earned a place at the table by voting massively for Obaseki? so Okiye being impeached was a necessary evil

However - I will not rest until the name Edo University Iyhamo is changed to AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY - Iyhamo Campus, just like UNN and UNEC

Oshomole’s name must not be immortalized in future for creating the confusion of building a second state university for political reasons when we already have a state university that was insufficiently funded

#changeEdoUniversityIyahmotoAAUIyahmo

Hmmmmmm
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by rriiccaarrddoo(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2020
This is politics for you. The reason why the speaker was impeached, 1: If you have be following the scenario during the political war between Gov Obaseki and Adams, you no that the Gov decamp to PDP with his followers.(those loyal to him) why the then speaker remain with the APC for fear of the unknown. Think that APC might win the election. Unfortunately they lost, it was after Obaseki was declared winner of the Edo state election that the then speaker decamp to PDP. That was one of the reason he was impeached and replace by another honourable from the same ESAN. The former speaker can not be trusted with power.

1 Like

Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by EmekaA125(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
leokid866:
It's obvious you are senseless so please go take a sit.
Sifia pain. Cry me a river
Re: Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges by EmekaA125(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
famology:

You must be seeing Oshiomhole and tinubu in ur dreams every night.
Na you sabi. I don talk my own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Sends Ministerial List To Senate, Names 42 Nominees / Crack In APC Leadership Over Muslim-muslim Ticket - The Sun / NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.