Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

IPOB And The Rest Of Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB And The Rest Of Us (840 Views)

BUhari Promises To Open Calabar To Rest Of The Country / Policeman Inside Gutter As IPOB And Police Clash In Anambra (Photos) / WAEC: Ademola Adeleke Scored F9 In English, Missed The Rest Of The Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB And The Rest Of Us by aguele(m): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
By Charles Ibekwe

The activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra have generated some controversies in recent times, and this has led to scores of deaths that if care is not taken might escalate into an unimaginable proportion. IPOB, as it is fondly called, is not new to such controversies. As a fact, IPOB has thrived on disputes that often times not leads to the escalation of violence in South-East Nigeria and other parts of the country. And the recent happenings in South-East Nigeria occasioned by the systematic escalation of killings led by IPOB indeed calls for concern.

I have long stated in numerous forums that the activities of IPOB might sooner or later escalate into a monster that would ultimately consume South-East Nigeria if the relevant authorities do not take urgent and proactive steps towards address this challenge. I did specify at the national level for the simple fact that some governors of states in South East seem to be concerned about their political relevance that they have elected to turn a blind eye to the nefarious activities of IPOB.

The reason is simple. They do not want to be seen as anti-Igbo, which by and large, would affect their political fortunes. For them, it makes more sense, politically and economically, than protecting the interest of the commoners who would ultimately bear the brunt if things get out of control.

That IPOB is waiting to assume a more dangerous dimension is an understatement. That IPOB would also be the albatross of the Igbos in the buildup to the 2023 general elections is also an understatement. The indices are clear, and the pointers are also indicative that South-East Nigeria would experience a situation that would be worse than the Boko Haram crisis in North-East Nigeria.

I am sad that if not for anything that the activities of IPOB is gathering momentum and the political leaders in South East have not seen the need to make strategic interventions that would protect and preserve the relative peace and tranquillity in the region. Instead, they are playing to the gallery. For example, I find it worrisome that IPOB would issue a sit-at-home order in all parts of South East. Whether it was successful or not, remains another topic for discussion. But the fact that there was a display of such effrontery leaves more to be imagined.

I stand to be corrected. I am not aware if there was a counter-order to that order issued by IPOB whether from the political elites or the traditional institutions in Igbo land. What does this tell us? Your guess is as good as mine.

Those that still think that IPOB does not have ulterior motives in South-East Nigeria ought to have a rethink and come to terms with the starkness of the reality that the activities IPOB has posed to not just the entrenchment of democracy in the region, and also the socio-economic wellbeing of the Igbo people as a whole.

Ironically this is what is playing out in South East, and we have not deemed it necessary to speak in one voice in total condemnation of its nefarious activities. As they say, all politics is local, as well as happiness is also local. The implication of the above is that should the Igbos elect to turn a blind eye to the gradual disintegration of the South East by the activities of IPOB, then we would have ourselves to blame.

This is also instructive when we view critically how the Boko Haram insurgent group evolved and destabilized the North East region in Nigeria in the past ten years. Boko Haram was not imported into the North East, it was a creation of the North East, and it eventually succeeded in causing the destruction of lives and properties in unimaginable quantum. With due respect, the political authorities didn't act when they were supposed to and today what is being experienced in the region is as a result of that inaction.

I am not convinced that the South East region can cope should IPOB translate into a monster like the Boko Haram group. Some would say that there is no basis for comparison, but that in my opinion is a gross and inept thought line which would ultimately consume us as a people. I am not convinced we need a soothsayer to tell us that should IPOB allowed to thrive unabated; the South East region would be doomed.

Today, IPOB is posturing as an organization for the interest of the Igbos. Tomorrow it would turn its fangs to the very people it claims to be protecting their interest when push comes to shove, and the chicken would come home to roost.

The activities of IPOB must be addressed adequately in the interest of peace in the South East region, which is arguably the most peaceful part of the country. It consequently behoves on all well-meaning Igbo sons and daughters to do all within their means to ensure that IPOB does not cause a crisis of unimaginable proportion in South East.

We must also realize that indeed we would bear the brunt and we would all have ourselves to blame. It thus remains my firm conviction that indeed IPOB has something sinister up its sleeves, and it is not in the best interest of the South East region. Indeed the time to speak is now. For if we don’t and allow Nnamdi Kanu to get away with this great disservice to the Igbos, posterity won’t be kind to us. It is hoped that this piece would elicit the much-needed reawakening of the true Igbo spirit in all of us in the preservation of peace in South-East Nigeria. This is my two cents.

Ibekwe is a public affairs analyst and wrote from Enugu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by limeta(f): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Some people need help
SARS boko haram fulani herdsmen A p c na ipob concern you
I hope you be their first victim

6 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by mcbreeze: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
I hardly call people fool but that's what you are.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Yobabad: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Yoruba Muslims Miscreants ( YMM) can go to any length to discredit the good and God fearing members of Ipob, Yoruba Muslims are notorious unity begars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Madmohamed419(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
aguele:

By Charles Ibekwe

The activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra have generated some controversies in recent times, and this has led to scores of deaths that if care is not taken might escalate into an unimaginable proportion. IPOB, as it is fondly called, is not new to such controversies. As a fact, IPOB has thrived on disputes that often times not leads to the escalation of violence in South-East Nigeria and other parts of the country. And the recent happenings in South-East Nigeria occasioned by the systematic escalation of killings led by IPOB indeed calls for concern.

I have long stated in numerous forums that the activities of IPOB might sooner or later escalate into a monster that would ultimately consume South-East Nigeria if the relevant authorities do not take urgent and proactive steps towards address this challenge. I did specify at the national level for the simple fact that some governors of states in South East seem to be concerned about their political relevance that they have elected to turn a blind eye to the nefarious activities of IPOB.

The reason is simple. They do not want to be seen as anti-Igbo, which by and large, would affect their political fortunes. For them, it makes more sense, politically and economically, than protecting the interest of the commoners who would ultimately bear the brunt if things get out of control.

That IPOB is waiting to assume a more dangerous dimension is an understatement. That IPOB would also be the albatross of the Igbos in the buildup to the 2023 general elections is also an understatement. The indices are clear, and the pointers are also indicative that South-East Nigeria would experience a situation that would be worse than the Boko Haram crisis in North-East Nigeria.

I am sad that if not for anything that the activities of IPOB is gathering momentum and the political leaders in South East have not seen the need to make strategic interventions that would protect and preserve the relative peace and tranquillity in the region. Instead, they are playing to the gallery. For example, I find it worrisome that IPOB would issue a sit-at-home order in all parts of South East. Whether it was successful or not, remains another topic for discussion. But the fact that there was a display of such effrontery leaves more to be imagined.

I stand to be corrected. I am not aware if there was a counter-order to that order issued by IPOB whether from the political elites or the traditional institutions in Igbo land. What does this tell us? Your guess is as good as mine.

Those that still think that IPOB does not have ulterior motives in South-East Nigeria ought to have a rethink and come to terms with the starkness of the reality that the activities IPOB has posed to not just the entrenchment of democracy in the region, and also the socio-economic wellbeing of the Igbo people as a whole.

Ironically this is what is playing out in South East, and we have not deemed it necessary to speak in one voice in total condemnation of its nefarious activities. As they say, all politics is local, as well as happiness is also local. The implication of the above is that should the Igbos elect to turn a blind eye to the gradual disintegration of the South East by the activities of IPOB, then we would have ourselves to blame.

This is also instructive when we view critically how the Boko Haram insurgent group evolved and destabilized the North East region in Nigeria in the past ten years. Boko Haram was not imported into the North East, it was a creation of the North East, and it eventually succeeded in causing the destruction of lives and properties in unimaginable quantum. With due respect, the political authorities didn't act when they were supposed to and today what is being experienced in the region is as a result of that inaction.

I am not convinced that the South East region can cope should IPOB translate into a monster like the Boko Haram group. Some would say that there is no basis for comparison, but that in my opinion is a gross and inept thought line which would ultimately consume us as a people. I am not convinced we need a soothsayer to tell us that should IPOB allowed to thrive unabated; the South East region would be doomed.

Today, IPOB is posturing as an organization for the interest of the Igbos. Tomorrow it would turn its fangs to the very people it claims to be protecting their interest when push comes to shove, and the chicken would come home to roost.

The activities of IPOB must be addressed adequately in the interest of peace in the South East region, which is arguably the most peaceful part of the country. It consequently behoves on all well-meaning Igbo sons and daughters to do all within their means to ensure that IPOB does not cause a crisis of unimaginable proportion in South East.

We must also realize that indeed we would bear the brunt and we would all have ourselves to blame. It thus remains my firm conviction that indeed IPOB has something sinister up its sleeves, and it is not in the best interest of the South East region. Indeed the time to speak is now. For if we don’t and allow Nnamdi Kanu to get away with this great disservice to the Igbos, posterity won’t be kind to us. It is hoped that this piece would elicit the much-needed reawakening of the true Igbo spirit in all of us in the preservation of peace in South-East Nigeria. This is my two cents.

hypocrisy is when you wrote this your long grama and you didn't condemned Nigerian for their weaknesses toward igbo .by the way who send this animal to talk about igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by gidgiddy: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
Some people are funny. The writer kept mentioning "activities of IPOB" but he couldn't say what the activities of IPOB are that has him worried. What is it IPOB is doing that is bad? All he could say is that they issued sit at home order. Is this the incredible thing IPOB did? Anybody can issue sit home order, it is left for the people to comply or not. The writer is more concerned with the effrontery of issuing sit at home order? I wonder if he knows that everyone has freedom of speech? Did IPOB force anyone who came out back into their house when they issue quit notice? He keeps saying that IPOB will one day become like Boko haram but cannot point to one fact that makes him think so. Someone will write long epistle and back it up with absolutely nothing factual

The authorities say IPOB are armed, yet nobody has ever seen IPOB with arms except the authorities

The authorities say IPOB is a terrorist group, yet nobody in the East is terrified of IPOB except the authorities

The authorities say IPOB are violent, yet the only violence attributed to IPOB always starts with the authorities being present.

A time comes when you have to ask, 'Is IPOB the problem or the authorities?'

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by GallantDuke(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
The summary of this your long epistle is "Meaningless". It is only a fool that will wake up from his sleep one day and write an epistle like this comparing IPOB with Boko Haram.
The IPOB you and your government called terrorists are busy getting international recognition.
If you like call yourself "a public analyst or a private catalyst", the truth remains that you wrote piffles.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by ikeyman00(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
You see when we talk about classical zoo graduate people seem to underestimate the gravity of the foolishness and stupidity we are talking about

However should in anyway you still take offence and have some doubt then today you will have no further . Imagine one that called himself analyst ,

You have fulani killer squad under your nose going round killing ,raping, stealing , kidnapping people and your dead presido look the other way even go further to say those bandit are foreigners and that just do not bothers you

Can you imagine that chia; the only country in the world that engineer lack the capacity to engineer anything

5 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by helinues: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
cheesy

They will not respond to the message but rather attack the messenger...
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by nairalandankrah: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
aguele:

By Charles Ibekwe

Lols..nah today...unah go write taya

1 Like

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by ikeyman00(m): 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
helinues: 2:28pm
cheesy

ok could you kindly tell us the activities that warrant this rubbish thread

Before this endsars protest in the zoo our comrade are being gunned down just for going to a field to pray and everybody keep quiet and some even come to nl to rejoice

so tell the world what they do not know about the zoo called Nigeria

But before that IPOB under MNK leadership has demonstrated to the white house who is who; who is Fulani cow and boko harem killer squad; the elimination of Christian in the zoo . The evidence are piling up in Amnesty International that in result The White house has put the zoo called Nigger Area under watch.

So if you ever think the election in Edo state was won just because Jubril play fair and Endsars then you simply do not understand the mess you are living in

WE must continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Yujin(m): 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
helinues:
cheesy

Coward you nor suppose put mouth for this talk. Fear fear wey no fit go out go protest. Gerara here mehn!
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by splendour7(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Another Beautiful Nonsense Written By An Enemy Of Ndi Igbo,i Read Through The Write Up And I Didn't See The Writer Condeming Fulani Killings In The East,he Never Mention Any Activity Of Ipob That Is Threatening The Peace Of The Region,the Blood Thirst Zombies In Uniform Has Killed Hundreds Of Ipob Members In The Past 3yrs Yet The Silly Writer Didn't Deem It Fit To Condemn The Millitary,i'm Not An Ipob Member But With All My Heart I Support Their Activities,i Wouldn't Think It Twice To Join Them If They Inventually Resort To Arm Struggle...They Has Been Pushed To The Wall Severally But Still They Maintained Their Peaceful Approach! Its Not Easy, They Deserve An Accolades..God Bless Biafra! God Bless Mnk!! God Bless The Ipob Family!!! God Bless The Igbo Nation..

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by helinues: 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Yujin:

Coward you nor suppose put mouth for this talk. Fear fear wey no fit go out go protest. Gerara here mehn!

Napkins needed?
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by loveth360(f): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

God bless Ipob members worldwide.

God bless all lovers of freedom.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by loveth360(f): 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
helinues:
cheesy

What is the massage?
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
aguele:

By Charles Ibekwe
I am sad that if not for anything that the activities of IPOB is gathering momentum

IPOB has thrived on disputes
Charles Ibekwe, na that sadness go kee you ooooo

Any governor wey do anyhow go see pepper!

The voice of the people is the voice of God!!!

Since the inception of IPOB, they have been known for peaceful protest!!!

So if there's any chaos, dispute, killing, harassment, civil unrest, hold the Nigerian government via the Nigerian Army responsible!!!

It's every citizens right to protest, it's not a crime!!!

Abi Buhari no protest Them kill am
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by IGBOSON1: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
Madmohamed419:
hypocrisy is when you wrote this your long grama and you didn't condemned Nigerian for their weaknesses toward igbo .by the way who send this animal to talk about igbo.

Just shows he’s either a impostor, or a efulefu Igbo paid hack....most likely in APC!
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Hillard: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
aguele:

By Charles Ibekwe

Charles Ibekwe another efulefu. Judgement day for saboteurs is fast approaching
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by HAccord: 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nonsense and Charles Ibekwe are like Saimese twins.
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
loveth360:
What is the massage?
I doubt he even understood what he typed, not to talk of getting any message

Abi na which message dey for this emptiness
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Iceberg3: 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
helinues:
cheesy

A big ....
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Dikebuka: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2020
According to Nnamdi Kanu
1. There is something fundamentally wrong with the brain of a Blackman.
2. The worst form of sabo is an igboman. They will always do the work with nothing to show as gain.

Charles Ibekwe is a typical example of the deficiency in the reasoning capacity of a black man.

IPOB issue sit at home in a republican igboland and the people obey am..The journalist begin wail. IPOB have bee here for more than 5yrs and yet not gone rogue. Even the Abia state Judge have warned the govt to stop bringing the terrorist tag to her court.
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Iceberg3: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
loveth360:
What is the massage?

Pay that human being no attention
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
Did you know I couldn't get his point in all that long hymn

IPOB HAS ULTERIOR MOTIVE ALRIGHT AND ITS SIMPLE

#REFERENDUM
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Madmohamed419(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Just shows he’s either a impostor, or a efulefu Igbo paid hack....most likely in APC!
don't mind the idiot
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Yujin(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Did you know I couldn't get his point in all that long hymn

IPOB HAS ULTERIOR MOTIVE ALRIGHT AND ITS SIMPLE

#REFERENDUM

This is an imaginary Charles Ibekwe. Let him publish it in a print media then we can take him seriously.
Anyone insulting IPOB or wishing us harm is a vampire who loves. None of such people have written against the terrorist fulani herdsmen or the 'repentant boko terrorist episode' in Nigeria. You'd think the fool that wrote that garbage loves the SE with the way he's mentioning the region yet he has never written anything to support the cry of the region with regards to the official marginalization at present.
Let's stay focussed on the goal which is total freedom from the evil contraption.
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
aguele:

By Charles Ibekwe

Can u shut up for heavens sake ..
did OPC stop Yorubas from being president in 1999?

Did militancy stop Jonathan from being president in 2011 ??

Did Boko Haram stop buhari from being president in 2015 ?

As it stands today ...ipob is less than 5% of Igbos ...denny igbos presidency 2023 and watch it raise to 80%
Re: IPOB And The Rest Of Us by loveth360(f): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
Igbochief001:

Can u shut up for heavens sake ..
did OPC stop Yorubas from being president in 1999?

Did militancy stop Jonathan from being president in 2011 ??

Did Boko Haram stop buhari from being president in 2015 ?

As it stands today ...ipob is less than 5% of Igbos ...denny igbos presidency 2023 and watch it raise to 80%
I will really love them to not give president to those Igbo one nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: See How Protesters Where Killed And Abused / If You Are Staying In Ogun State... Pls Take Heed / Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka's Adoration Center Set Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.