Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

#ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters (295 Views)

NDDC: Every Kobo Will Be Recovered, Culprits To Face The Law - President Buhari / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by iwaeda: 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Monday, addressed the nation for the first time amid the ongoing nationwide protests against the brutality and extrajudicial killings by men of the now-defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force.

In the about two-minute broadcast uploaded on his verified Twitter handle, @MBuhari, the President said the disbandment of the police unit was a first step to “extensive police reforms”.

The President said officials of the disbanded team found to be responsible for wrongful acts would be brought to justice.

Buhari also said he had ordered a probe into the killing of a young man in Oyo State during the recent protests.

He said, “I will like to use this opportunity to say a word on the recent genuine concerns and agitations by Nigerians about the excessive use of force and in some cases extra-judicial killings and wrongful conduct of the men of the Nigerian Police Force.

“The disbanding of SARS is only the first step in our commitment to extensive police reforms in order to ensure that the primary duty of the police and other law enforcement agencies remains the protection of lives and livelihood of our people.

“We will also ensure that all those responsible for misconduct or wrongful acts are brought to justice.

“We deeply regret the loss of life of the young man in Oyo State during the recent demonstrations.

“I have directed that the circumstances of his death should be thoroughly investigated.

“Meanwhile, it is important to recognise that the vast majority of men and women of the police force are hardworking and diligent in performing their duties.

“The few bad eggs should not be allowed to tarnish the image and reputation of the force.”

https://punchng.com/endsars-i-will-bring-culprits-to-justice-buhari-assures-protesters/
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by Completelife: 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ok
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by slivertongue: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
GMB is buying time
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by iwaeda: 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
Protest turning violent, at least one person confirmed dead and several people critically injured
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by Throwback: 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lazy human being.

Must the whole world go mad before those in power establish some sanity?

How many ought to die before the nuisance of the Police is addressed?
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by Obodogri: 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
When?

We want to know.
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by fineboynl(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
if the northern part keep protesting that need sars. it means the country should be restructured.

the southern Nigeria should have their police and the northern part should have their police.

or better still a state police.
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by iwaeda: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
This is getting out of hands
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Keep quiet Buhari, who no know sey all your promises na audio?
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by Brandstudio01: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Throwback:
Lazy human being.

Must the whole world go mad before those in power establish some sanity?

How many ought to die before the nuisance of the Police is addressed?
I'm telling you
Re: #ENDSARS : I Will Bring Culprits To Justice, Buhari Assures Protesters by Mynd44: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2020

1 Like

(1)

Senate Rejects Buhari Media Aide, Onochie’s Nomination As INEC Commisioner / SERAP Seeks Injunction Protecting #ENDSARS Protesters / End SARS: _drama In Igp’s Office As Davido Denies Protesting Against Police [vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.