Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) (16252 Views)

Omotola Jalade-ekeinde's Outfit To AMAA 2015 In South Africa (photo) / Worst Dressed At The 2015 AMAA Nominee Party (photos) / Chika Ike Makes Grand Entry Into The New Year With These Glam Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by MissyB3(f): 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2011
The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) hosted the 2011 AMAA Awards Nominations Night in Nairobi, Kenya on Friday 25th February 2011 at Ole Sereni Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya.
The event was hosted by Nollywood star Rita Dominic and Kenyan Actor Kenneth Ambani.
Nollywood and Ghollywood stars definitely were on their A-game – they all looked amazing!
Check out photos below.
Click back soon as BN will be bring you more photos from the AMAA Kenya festivities including the concert featuring P-Square.

What the Stars Wore

Rita Dominic looked dazzling in a floor-length red dress by young designer, Datari Austin. With her long locks swept to the side, Rita’s look quintessential is movie star glam!

Jackie Appiah represented our culture well in an ankara dress, Jackie looked really pretty with her hair styled into shoulder length curls.

Daddy to-be Mike Ezuruonye looked handsome in his black suit paired with a striped shirt.

Majid Michel kept it classic in a black suit paired with a white shirt.

Ini Edo has overhauled her style and just keeps ‘bringing it’ on red carpet. Ini’s black dress with the embroidered waist detail and backless effect was a perfect fit.

Ramsey Nouah kept his look modern and urban in jeans and a blazer paired with a hat.

Yummy Mummy Kate Henshaw-Nuttall looked lovely in her corseted red mini dress by Frank Osodi. The embellishments and her  megawatt smile complete the look.

We are so happy to see Jim smiling! That totally takes his look up a notch – Jim Iyke was stylishly dressed in a black suit paired with a v-neck black tee, his glasses add the final touch to his look.

Joke Silva was elegant in a long bat-sleeved chiffon dress with a waist cinching corset belt.

Chinedu Ikedizie wore a black suit and paired it with a yellow shirt.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by MissyB3(f): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2011
The Event

Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by yme1(f): 11:59pm On Mar 05, 2011
is it just me or niaja celebrities are bringing it on? anyway these group of people always bring it on at all times kiss kiss
can Rita pls lend me her dress? embarassed Gad-dammit she looks classic and hot kiss kiss
Kate Henshaw-Nuttall. . that dress is too lovely for you grin, wow she looks pretty kiss
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by MissyB3(f): 12:00am On Mar 06, 2011
Rita looks stunning as usual. What wouldn't I give just to view thy wardrobe!  cheesy

Ini Edo? Babe nor wan hear eh. Beginning of good things . . . . I like the new look.

They all killed it. Nice pictures . . . Thumbs up!  kiss kiss

y me:

is it just me or niaja celebrities are bringing it on? anyway these group of people always bring it on at all times kiss kiss
can Rita pls lend me her dress? embarassed Gad-dammit she looks classic and hot kiss kiss
Don't you dare! I'm having that dress as soon as she's done with it.  cheesy Rita na confirmed classy babe o.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by bgees(m): 3:03am On Mar 06, 2011
Kate Henshaw does not age, I'm sure.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 06, 2011
Ini edo looks good, love her gown

As for rita, that one na fashion icon right from inception grin
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by ifyalways(f): 8:05am On Mar 06, 2011
bgees:

You took the words out of my mouth.I don't know but most of 'em Efik/Ibiobio chicks are ever young and age gracefully.
@Topic,wow @ Ini,she has obviously stepped up her game.Rita is always on point.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 06, 2011
OMG look at my Majid sighs deeply.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by dominique(f): 11:46am On Mar 06, 2011
everybody looked stunning but that aki dude. that yellow looks too tacky on him tongue.
slightly offtopic- nice to see the awards was moved away from Bayelsa state for a change.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Kunbee: 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2011
Ini kiss kiss kiss
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:52am On Mar 07, 2011
dominique:
slightly offtopic- nice to see the awards was moved away from Bayelsa state for a change.

This Nairobi event is just the Awards Nomination Night. The award itself will still hold in Yenegoa, Bayelsa State.

The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) hosted the 2011 AMAA Awards Nominations Night in Nairobi, Kenya on Friday 25th February 2011 at Ole Sereni Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by WackyJ1(m): 4:47am On Mar 07, 2011
I don't know what to say. These actresses have blown my mind( except for the fat batwoman). I can't decide between Rita dominic( succubus), Kate Hensaw( vampire) or Ini Edo( damn she's got curves) . They all look so hot.
The guys are looking good too except for Jim Iyke( his hairstyle).
Because of fashion Ramsey Noah is wearing sunglasses at night. Looks good though
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 07, 2011
Rita looks on point (as usual). Ini has definitely grown up. I love her dress, but the girl should stop trying too hard with her "poises". She should learn the ART of relaxing when taking snap-shots. Those fake poises aren't working. She has a pretty face so I really don't understand why she always has to try sooooo hard.
bgees:

Are we looking at the same girl? I think she's cute, but quit being in denial. I personally don't know how old she is, but her laugh lines and frown lines are telling on her. She is actually aging, but I still love her though. I love her confidence and her bubbly personality.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by tjskii(f): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2011
yyyaaayyy, seee my boy Jim,my sweetyyy,my honey,my baby kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Time2Think(f): 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2011
where is Mercy Johnson?

Did her boobs fall out of the photo?
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2011
Jackie Appiah is BEAUTIFUL!
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by pappykay1(m): 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
Waooooooooo abegi anybdy we no rita make una tel am say make she no were dis kind cloth come my house or else smtin go happen imagine dis garment is very lovely
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by ADEOLA17: 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
Jakie look gorgeous,kate u too much.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by spikedcylinder: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2011
Good Girl:

Are we looking at the same girl? I think she's cute, but quit being in denial. I personally don't know how old she is, but her laugh lines and frown lines are telling on her. She is actually aging, but I still love her though. I love her confidence and her bubbly personality.

If you know how long Kate has been in the industry and how she's grown over the years, you'll agree with the poster.

Meanwhile, Rita looks STUNNING!!!!!
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by kunlekunle: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
where are the yoruba and igbo actors.
they should be part of the group as well
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by otokx(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
Was this all AFRICA had to offer?
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by MissyB3(f): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
otokx:

You mean?
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by babyme1(f): 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
ifyalways:

You took the words out of my mouth.I don't know but most of 'em Efik/Ibiobio chicks are ever young and age gracefully.
@Topic,wow @ Ini,she has obviously stepped up her game.Rita is always on point.
That's me babe cool
They all look adorable, except for Iyke. He looks scared shocked
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by babyme1(f): 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
The pancake on Rita's face makes her look plastic lipsrsealed I wants her gown undecided
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by ifyalways(f): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2011
otokx:

awww.This is just the Nominations Night,not the award proper.  smiley

baby.me:

The pancake on Rita's face makes her look plastic lipsrsealed I wants her gown undecided
Huh?
Of all the adjectives to use for a human?Jeeeeeez
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by johnjoel(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2011
there is no abjective all look cute
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by ijawgirl: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2011
rita dominic~
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Bintus2much(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2011
so AFRICA as a whole cannot provide a well designed stage for her ACADEMY AWARDS? what sort of funny covering with a cloth is used on the stage? grin grin grin,
May God help us to improve and add quality and style to our stuffs
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2011
rokiatu:

OMG look at my Majid sighs deeply.

The guy's just too hawt! cool
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by ideylaff: 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2011
so AFRICA as a whole cannot provide a well designed stage for her ACADEMY AWARDS? what sort of funny covering with a cloth is used on the stage? ,
May God help us to improve and add quality and style to our stuffs

Kai , I see ebora/ojuju cover cloth for stage oooo chei , kai.e  seems we\they put more effort into the Red carpet and other efizzys,  LOL, we even have Green carpet events in 9ija. The cloth be like MaMa Gee wrapper ooo, abi na Jim Iyke get am, cos it matches his pocket square,
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by hollyjolly: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ohh my gosh kiss kiss,i just love Majid he is so cool and sexy, they all

look divine especially Rita that gown is to die for, well done guys am proud of you all.
Re: Glam Photos From The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) by Cogent: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2011
WTF is this sign supposed to mean

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Candle Night For Obi Madubogwu / Click Here To Follow This Beautiful Actress On Facebook •regina Daniels• / Teni Gifts A Follower ₦200,000 For A Sewing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.