Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again (1522 Views)

I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged / HELP! My Brother Is Too Dull / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
I created a post about my brother mental illness last year https://www.nairaland.com/5455661/only-brother-been-afflicted-mental
I want to thank everyone that supported me in prayer and most people that called me personally to pray for my brother. may almighty God bless everyone of you in Jesus name.
Unfortunately my parent paid the money and my brother became so calmed and balance(meanwhile it was after staying in psychiatric hospital for 2 weeks that he was taken to the church). Now my only brother have started roaming about and fighting everybody again just as the way it happened last year. After my father was convinced hes well, he sold one of his land and gave him 800k to go and start life afresh. I told this boy to get a shop in Enugu or Enugu environment for his business but he refused and went back to minna. just 3 months of been in minna, he have started going to control traffic and leaving his business in shop. The worst is he's fighting everybody and my prayer is they shouldn't just kill him. This is my only brother and I don't know what to do again. Now that hes in minna we dont know what to tell him so he can come back to village. please your advise is highly needed.

As for the people that think I just made up the story and trying to talk down on churches, below is the poster of the pastor that collected 120,000 from my parent to heal my brother. They also sow seed and bought koboko, salt and anointing oil for exorbitant amount
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by ststyreal(f): 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
Hmmmmm, the end is really near.... I am short of words but all I can offer is a prayer that the Lord God Almighty that raise Lazarus from the dead, will heal and restore him wholly in Jesus name amen... By the way, can't you travel to bring him back? Just asking though cos to me, that seems the only way to get him back since he is now roaming the whole area aimlessly...
May God have mercy on him and restore his health amen...
Abeg, nobody should question my religious stand bikooo, all I have is what I have given to the Op. Kindly offer yours and do not question my believe cos I no get power for argument.
Shalom!
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
ststyreal:
Hmmmmm, the end is really near.... I am short of words but all I can offer is a prayer that the Lord God Almighty that raise Lazarus from the dead, will heal and restore him wholly in Jesus name amen... By the way, can't you travel to bring him back? Just asking though cos to me, that seems the only way to get him back since he is now roaming the whole area aimlessly...
May God have mercy on him and restore his health amen...
Abeg, nobody should question my religious stand bikooo, all I have is what I have given to the Op. Kindly offer yours and do not question my believe cos I no get power for argument.
Shalom!
He wont follow me ma because he already abused me on phone and moreover my husband wont let me travel with my 1year and 10mnths old baby thank you ma
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Acidosis(m): 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
Your only mistake was leaving the hospital to see a charlatan. The drug he took at the hospital for two weeks helped him but failure to sustain the drug caused the relapse.

Please go get your brother and have him taken by any means possible to a tertiary hospital. He's going to take the drug for a very long time (I mean a very longggg time) so don't allow any charlatan f00l you.

Psychiatry drugs give quick result but you're not to stop your medication without a clear instruction from your doctor to avoid relapse. Don't let any charlatan tell you that you're "healed" because you used a drug for 2 weeks. It will bounce back in bigger folds!

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by poshestmina(f): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2020
So sorry sad.
Why not find a means ,I mean anyway possible to take him back to the psychiatric hospital he stayed .

At least,you'd be sure he's in safe hands and get better by God's grace.
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 12:36am On Oct 13, 2020
when you said he is directing traffic I wanted to say he is just being a good citizen but overzealous.

holy koboko? how did you know he has started misbehaving again? why not go to Minna and treat him there.
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by QuinieR(f): 2:45am On Oct 13, 2020
Holy Ghost koboko
That name off me o
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by okoIYAyin(m): 3:07am On Oct 13, 2020
QuinieR:
Holy Ghost koboko
That name off me o
You need to get your bro back to the hospital ASAP!
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Mindlog: 4:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Which Neuropsychiatric hospital was he earlier treated in?

Since you mentioned Enugu, the Federal Neuropsychiatric hospital in New Haven may be a better option. I work in one and naturally, patients resist being brought in, so their families either have them handcuffed/tied or drugged (under the instructions of a doctor) and they wake up in the hospital ward, once they wake up and realizes they are now in the psychiatric ward, they become aggressive, we know what to do to get them calm.

Make prior arrangement of where he would be admitted into and ask their suggestions on how to get him to be physically there, then 2/3 of your male relatives and a female relative he is very comfortable with, should go get him. His business in Minna should be closed down, if he must start something else later, it should be very close to where his family is and can very easily check up on him.

During his earlier hospitalization, was psychotherapy offered him and did your family attend family therapy sessions there at the hospital?

Most psychotropic medications are life-long as part of the management of the disorder(s) and NEVER again should he discontinue his medication because your family seeks spiritual intervention.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2020
Mindlog:
Which Neuropsychiatric hospital was he earlier treated in?

Since you mentioned Enugu, the Federal Neuropsychiatric hospital in New Haven may be a better option. I work in one and naturally, patients resist being brought in, so their families either have them handcuffed/tied or drugged (under the instructions of a doctor) and they wake up in the hospital ward, once they wake up and realizes they are now in the psychiatric ward, they become aggressive, we know what to do to get them calm.

Make prior arrangement of where he would be admitted into and ask their suggestions on how to get him to be physically there, then 2/3 of your male relatives and a female relative he is very comfortable with, should go get him. His business in Minna should be closed down, if he must start something else later, it should be very close to where his family is and can very easily check up on him.

During his earlier hospitalization, was psychotherapy offered him and did your family attend family therapy sessions there at the hospital?

Most psychotropic medications are life-long as part of the management of the disorder(s) and NEVER again should he discontinue his medication because your family seeks spiritual intervention.

Good morning sir, it was the federal neuropsychiatric hospital at new haven, enugu he was admitted. He complained of the dirty environment and how every patient use just one toilet. So he left there after 2 weeks and the nurse there already warned my mum not to bring him back again because he didn't complete his treatment. Right now hes missing and even if we see him we have concluded taking him to psychiatric at Bida there in niger state. Thank you
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Mindlog: 7:33am On Oct 13, 2020
munarule:

Good morning sir, it was the federal neuropsychiatric hospital at new haven, enugu he was admitted. He complained of the dirty environment and how every patient use just one toilet. So he left there after 2 weeks and the nurse there already warned my mum not to bring him back again because he didn't complete his treatment. Right now hes missing and even if we see him we have concluded taking him to psychiatric at Bida there in niger state. Thank you

Ok, that is way closer to Minna. If admitted there, are there arrangements for regular visitations as in the midst of being restricted and the regular dramas that go on in the wards, many patients eagerly look forward to see their relatives as it makes them feel loved and still belong somewhere despite their mental health challenge.
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2020
Mindlog:

Ok, that is way closer to Minna. If admitted there, are there arrangements for regular visitations as in the midst of being restricted and the regular dramas that go in the wards, many patients eagerly look forward to see their relatives as it makes them feel loved and still belong somewhere despite their mental health challenge.
His fiancee will be there with him. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by DenreleDave(m): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2020
Leave shop go dey control traffic

He must be a loyal citizen oooo..

God have mercy

And for that church, munarule pls dont remove the picture oooo.. Holy ghost will koboko that pastor live....

Some suggested dt u drive ur brother down to Aro in abk

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Mindlog: 7:53am On Oct 13, 2020
munarule:

His fiancee will be there with him. Thank you

That is good to know.
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by QuinieR(f): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2020
okoIYAyin:

Damn! You're so beautiful Quinie

Thank you wink

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by inegbedion30210: 8:41am On Oct 13, 2020
: Damn! You're so beauty Quinie Thank you
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by BigDick70inch(m): 8:48am On Oct 13, 2020
munarule:
I created a post about my brother mental illness last year https://www.nairaland.com/5455661/only-brother-been-afflicted-mental
I want to thank everyone that supported me in prayer and most people that called me personally to pray for my brother. may almighty God bless everyone of you in Jesus name.
Unfortunately my parent paid the money and my brother became so calmed and balance(meanwhile it was after staying in psychiatric hospital for 2 weeks that he was taken to the church). Now my only brother have started roaming about and fighting everybody again just as the way it happened last year. After my father was convinced hes well, he sold one of his land and gave him 800k to go and start life afresh. I told this boy to get a shop in Enugu or Enugu environment for his business but he refused and went back to minna. just 3 months of been in minna, he have started going to control traffic and leaving his business in shop. The worst is he's fighting everybody and my prayer is they shouldn't just kill him. This is my only brother and I don't know what to do again. Now that hes in minna we dont know what to tell him so he can come back to village. please your advise is highly needed.

As for the people that think I just made up the story and trying to talk down on churches, below is the poster of the pastor that collected 120,000 from my parent to heal my brother. They also sow seed and bought koboko, salt and anointing oil for exorbitant amount

It hurt so much when I hear stuff like this..
May God heal him completely..
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by ststyreal(f): 9:43am On Oct 13, 2020
munarule:

He wont follow me ma because he already abused me on phone and moreover my husband wont let me travel with my 1year and 10mnths old baby thank you ma
Huhhh, it is well my sister.. just be strong and continue to be hopeful and trust in God.... Take care
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by LadySarah: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2020
you don't convince. you chain or get guys around to help.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
LadySarah:
you don't convince. you chain or get guys around to help.
Thank you
Re: My Brother Is Mentally Ill Again by when2(f): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
munarule:

Sorry about your brother's health. How is his situation now? Hope he is getting better?

(1) (Reply)

Gain More Flesh And Weight To Your Boobs And Dick / My Aunt Made My Stay Miserable::::::::::::::::: / My Family Is Making Me So Self-conscious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.