Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments (393 Views)

Exposed! Why South-east Youths Show Apathy To Police Recruitments / #EndSARS Protests And Absentee Minister Of Interior, By Tayo Oke / Festus Keyamo: My Driver Died As A Result Of EndSARS Protests In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 2:17am On Oct 13, 2020
Unfortunately, what I have discovered about majority of Nigerians who complain about one thing or the other is that those complainers, given the same opportunity as those they complain about, would do worse things than the ones over whom they complain about.

In the video holding on the link shared below, which shows how those who were protesting police abuses, were themselves harassers of two Nigerians who needed to enjoy their rights of way, in spite of their being in military uniform. What happened in the video is absurd and very very disrespectful of the limits of the protesters' rights.

I find it difficult to accept that the major drivers of the #EndSarsNow protests have no links to criminality or the relatives of criminals. In Nigeria today, I can hold my head above deep water to sustain my believe that we may be entertaining a grave national problem on our hand. And I really cannot shut my mouth at this auspicious time.

This is therefore to call Mr President, His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, to be personally involved in the reformation needed to be implemented by the Nigeria Police authority. He should not allow the Police authority to handle the matter internally. I suggest the raising of a Presidential Committee to deeply look into the various aspects of public servants.

Now this is my dilemma: how do we know if some of the protesters were not members of some "brotherhood" who have risen against the Nigerian State, camouflaging it as a protest?7 And like I suggested in an article, evening yesterday, it is possible that majority of policemen in this country are products of armed robbery and other heinous crimes?

It is not enough to disband SARS and redeploy the agents: a bad character remains a bad character anywhere he is. The sickness in SARS begins from the commanders who assign the agents: they should all be investigated. And this problem stems from the recruitment model employed by our police authority, who monetise civil opportunities.

I am a village man, and in my village I have seen young men who seek to join the police, not for the love of the job but for the power they envisage they would acquire by it. And so they do not mind selling their farmlands to raise the "price" they claim they need to remit to actualise their aspirations.

A young lady who had issues with members of my family vowed to "sleep" with sponsors who would get her son into the Nigerian Army, and he is a school dropout. This is how bad it is.

As a means of moving forward, Mr President should raise the afore-suggested committee mandating them to investigate every personnel of the Nigerian Police who serve in special units having to do with our civilian population.

Let them be made to submit their Bank Verification Numbers, and their homes be searched and combed out. The presidential committee to be set up, must be made to work with the Corporate Affairs Commission, The FIRS, and the banks. And I think the submission of BVNs should also involve that of civil servants from GL 06 to the Head of Service of the Federation.

All organizations seemingly registered, or unregistered, which is suspected to be cult-related, and since cultism is a criminal activity, should be required to submit video evidences of their activities, and under no terms should our authorities allow meetings of any group outside private residences after mid night. Our bushes should be combed at night by helicopter patrols across the country.

More importantly, our present police formations concentrates on serving the privileged and sometimes the very exploiters of the people. I do not see why we should have 1 IGP and require more than 2 DIGs and 6 AIGs, then the ranks of Commissioners can be proliferated to cover the duties handled, through spill-overs, by those above them.

It is also important to calm the pressured need for State Police by Mr President, further devolving the police formation to having Police Unit Headquarters at the equivalent of the electoral polling units across Nigeria.

It will take the federal government nothing to build National Centres (mini presidency) with the portrait of Mr President, each State Governor and the respective LGA Chairmen hung in the town hall within such centres. It brings government to the footholds of the very vulnerable and the forgotten. Government must no need the people only when they need to be counted and when they need ink on their thumbs.

Such centres will accommodate: a census office, an INEC office, a facilitated police unit with good internet connectivity and patrol vehicles, an equiped dispensary with an ambulance, a federal information unit and a detention centre. No citizen should be made to pay to seek justice or a hearing. These should be available within a walking distance

Like a fabric being washed, for Nigeria to start the journey to national prosperity, our leaders must ensure an inside-out turnover, starting with filtering some escaped criminals pretending to be making laws in our sacred chambers across Nigeria.

Our electoral system must be prepared in such a way that it could throw up men and women with bad and evil records. The saying about bad apples has never been a joke. we are sinking deeper in every shade of national failure. Our people have an engraven love for money on their souls.

The employment to fill the vacancies created by these national centres would be raised through local content, the government: federal and states would send all junior cadre staff of the ranks of GL 01-06 back to their villages to work at the national centres.

That way, we will achieve the pyramidal security structure and architecture needed to curb the present gaps in security dissemination, and it would hand over official security needs to be provided by the very people who truly need it - this is community policing, sort of Citizens On Patrol (COPs)

We seem not to have a serious people's responsive security architecture and structure, we have a very redundant civil service where money sharing, dedicated from our commonwealth, is the vogue. Adultery among personnels is an entrenched norm in our public service, leaving junior workers as alms-trailers of visitors to their repsective organisations. Our country is under a demonic attack by the rulers of darkness and principalities in high places.

It takes the eyes of the Almighty God, Subahana Wata'ala, to see the depth we have sunk into, as a nation, and as a people, and I think: every Nigeria-loving citizen, and Mr President himself, with his teams, should all be spiritual about this issue, starting with a national fast, asking God for his mercies and benefits.

We can't go on pretending day-by-day that someone, somewhere, will soon make a change. We're all a part of God's great big family, and so the truth, you know: love is all we need. We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving. There's a choice we're making, we'll be saving our own lives. It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me.

We are Nigerians!

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Abuja, Nigeria. Send feedback to Whatsapp number 08102466347.

Watch by copying and placing link in browser:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPaKfzjSeT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Share

Re: Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by Ikengawo: 3:49am On Oct 13, 2020
this has been my main concern. Even upon knowing what country you're in you will sheepishly seek 'leaders' in something that doesn't need it. Nigerians want to worship people. Rent seekers are ever ready to be your leader, and I think, 2020, this should be well understood by anyone that's not a 5 year old.
Re: Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by protests: 3:53am On Oct 13, 2020
All these long things? This is who #EndSARS is.

Re: Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by protests: 3:54am On Oct 13, 2020
If the OP is not a corrupt Nigerian then I am a Pope.

Anyway ask to investigate this instead.

Re: Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by protests: 3:57am On Oct 13, 2020
And while they investigate #EndSARS, going into prayers that women in your household don't experience the following,

Re: Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by protests: 3:58am On Oct 13, 2020
And while they investigate #EndSARS, going into prayers that men in your household don't experience the following,

Re: Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by LostAddict1: 5:06am On Oct 13, 2020
IniAkpanMorgan:
Unfortunately, what I have discovered about majority of Nigerians who complain about one thing or the other is that those complainers, given the same opportunity as those they complain about, would do worse things than the ones over whom they complain about.

In the video holding on the link shared below, which shows how those who were protesting police abuses, were themselves harassers of two Nigerians who needed to enjoy their rights of way, in spite of their being in military uniform. What happened in the video is absurd and very very disrespectful of the limits of the protesters' rights.

I find it difficult to accept that the major drivers of the #EndSarsNow protests have no links to criminality or the relatives of criminals. In Nigeria today, I can hold my head above deep water to sustain my believe that we may be entertaining a grave national problem on our hand. And I really cannot shut my mouth at this auspicious time.

This is therefore to call Mr President, His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, to be personally involved in the reformation needed to be implemented by the Nigeria Police authority. He should not allow the Police authority to handle the matter internally. I suggest the raising of a Presidential Committee to deeply look into the various aspects of public servants.

Now this is my dilemma: how do we know if some of the protesters were not members of some "brotherhood" who have risen against the Nigerian State, camouflaging it as a protest?7 And like I suggested in an article, evening yesterday, it is possible that majority of policemen in this country are products of armed robbery and other heinous crimes?

It is not enough to disband SARS and redeploy the agents: a bad character remains a bad character anywhere he is. The sickness in SARS begins from the commanders who assign the agents: they should all be investigated. And this problem stems from the recruitment model employed by our police authority, who monetise civil opportunities.

I am a village man, and in my village I have seen young men who seek to join the police, not for the love of the job but for the power they envisage they would acquire by it. And so they do not mind selling their farmlands to raise the "price" they claim they need to remit to actualise their aspirations.

A young lady who had issues with members of my family vowed to "sleep" with sponsors who would get her son into the Nigerian Army, and he is a school dropout. This is how bad it is.

As a means of moving forward, Mr President should raise the afore-suggested committee mandating them to investigate every personnel of the Nigerian Police who serve in special units having to do with our civilian population.

Let them be made to submit their Bank Verification Numbers, and their homes be searched and combed out. The presidential committee to be set up, must be made to work with the Corporate Affairs Commission, The FIRS, and the banks. And I think the submission of BVNs should also involve that of civil servants from GL 06 to the Head of Service of the Federation.

All organizations seemingly registered, or unregistered, which is suspected to be cult-related, and since cultism is a criminal activity, should be required to submit video evidences of their activities, and under no terms should our authorities allow meetings of any group outside private residences after mid night. Our bushes should be combed at night by helicopter patrols across the country.

More importantly, our present police formations concentrates on serving the privileged and sometimes the very exploiters of the people. I do not see why we should have 1 IGP and require more than 2 DIGs and 6 AIGs, then the ranks of Commissioners can be proliferated to cover the duties handled, through spill-overs, by those above them.

It is also important to calm the pressured need for State Police by Mr President, further devolving the police formation to having Police Unit Headquarters at the equivalent of the electoral polling units across Nigeria.

It will take the federal government nothing to build National Centres (mini presidency) with the portrait of Mr President, each State Governor and the respective LGA Chairmen hung in the town hall within such centres. It brings government to the footholds of the very vulnerable and the forgotten. Government must no need the people only when they need to be counted and when they need ink on their thumbs.

Such centres will accommodate: a census office, an INEC office, a facilitated police unit with good internet connectivity and patrol vehicles, an equiped dispensary with an ambulance, a federal information unit and a detention centre. No citizen should be made to pay to seek justice or a hearing. These should be available within a walking distance

Like a fabric being washed, for Nigeria to start the journey to national prosperity, our leaders must ensure an inside-out turnover, starting with filtering some escaped criminals pretending to be making laws in our sacred chambers across Nigeria.

Our electoral system must be prepared in such a way that it could throw up men and women with bad and evil records. The saying about bad apples has never been a joke. we are sinking deeper in every shade of national failure. Our people have an engraven love for money on their souls.

The employment to fill the vacancies created by these national centres would be raised through local content, the government: federal and states would send all junior cadre staff of the ranks of GL 01-06 back to their villages to work at the national centres.

That way, we will achieve the pyramidal security structure and architecture needed to curb the present gaps in security dissemination, and it would hand over official security needs to be provided by the very people who truly need it - this is community policing, sort of Citizens On Patrol (COPs)

We seem not to have a serious people's responsive security architecture and structure, we have a very redundant civil service where money sharing, dedicated from our commonwealth, is the vogue. Adultery among personnels is an entrenched norm in our public service, leaving junior workers as alms-trailers of visitors to their repsective organisations. Our country is under a demonic attack by the rulers of darkness and principalities in high places.

It takes the eyes of the Almighty God, Subahana Wata'ala, to see the depth we have sunk into, as a nation, and as a people, and I think: every Nigeria-loving citizen, and Mr President himself, with his teams, should all be spiritual about this issue, starting with a national fast, asking God for his mercies and benefits.

We can't go on pretending day-by-day that someone, somewhere, will soon make a change. We're all a part of God's great big family, and so the truth, you know: love is all we need. We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving. There's a choice we're making, we'll be saving our own lives. It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me.

We are Nigerians!

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Abuja, Nigeria. Send feedback to Whatsapp number 08102466347.

Watch by copying and placing link in browser:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPaKfzjSeT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Alaye, you know where you failed the protest has no leader. This is a decentralized protest and it will continue until all our demands are met and there is no force that can stop us.

Re: Investigate Leaders Of #endsars Protests And Review Police Recruitments by Ikengawo: 5:52am On Oct 13, 2020
They have returned

(1) (Reply)

Trump Should Ban Medical And Study Visa Applications Of Nigerians / (VIDEO) #endswat Protesters Attacked By Armed Thugs, Carry Coffin Bearing Buhari / A Video Compilation Of All That Happened In Lekki On 10/20/20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.