Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self (1319 Views)

This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. / So Guys In The Phone Section...what Do You Think? Is This Accurate, Or Stupid? / Most Stupid Quotes I've Seen On Nairaland Phone Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 2:25am On Oct 13, 2020
It is 2am and I am sitting in front of my keyboard doing research for my next post and scrolling through Nairaland at leisure and I see that some people are trying to reignite a war that was lost a long time ago. Does it surprise me? Absolutely not. Nigeria is a country of shameless people. People who lie and kill without compunction and hide behind a facade of religion (both religions). I am sorry if your ox is gored. I have lived in both the North and South and I have been swindled by men of both faiths.

I use a lot of social media platforms, from FB, Reddit to Quora and Telegram and of course, our own dear Nairaland. When you visit the tech or phone sections of such platforms, you click from one interesting topic to the next and day go dark without knowing. Because you are enjoying yourself.

Come to Nairaland, if bloggers are not promoting themselves or trash, marketers are promoting trash. If these are not going on, trolls are starting brand wars with provocative statements trying to incite back and forths, performing all sorts of grammatical atrocities that would make Shakespeare turn in his sepulchre. Basically, NL is one big d*ck waving contest with people using phones as a yard stick to measure success in life.

Where are the interesting topics?

Most of the topics on NL are not even worth a nanosecond of any sane persons time, yet clickbaiting seems to work absolutely well. The most useless topics have the most views. This is am indictment on us as Nairalanders.

I am first and foremost a NLder before anything else. Those who know awhile back, know that I used to write here out of pure joy and fun till a lot of well meaning people asked me to give blogging a try. Some persons invited me to join them but my vision was different from theirs so I went solo. I don't even have an adsense account sef. lol.

I post my topics here in full.

I have a dream that Nigerian youths will be tech savvy. That rather than argue about how G90T is now a gaming flagship, rubbish companies will have to upgrade or be kicked out of the market. That we will be inquisitive. That no one will take us for a ride anymore. That sycophants who have sold their souls for 30 pieces of silver will not continue to mislead, misinform and mislead Nigerian youths.

Remain smart, remain inquisitive.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by XploraBen(m): 3:39am On Oct 13, 2020
Good write up.

With the Phone section being my favorite section, I'm sometimes pissed off to see lots of provocative comments emanating from back and forth argument by marketers and loyalists on the superiority or inferiority of one phone brand to another.

Like you said, I wonder how owning one phone brand or the other become tantamount to success in life.

Many people in this section need to learn how to present their opinion or argument in a sensible manner without sounding puerile or insolent.

6 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 3:49am On Oct 13, 2020
XploraBen:
Good write up.

With the Phone section being my favorite section, I'm sometimes pissed off to see lots of provocative comments emanating from back and forth argument by marketers and loyalists on the superiority or inferiority of one phone brand to another.

Like you said, I wonder how owning one phone brand or the other become tantamount to success in life.

Many people in this section need to learn how to present their opinion or argument in a sensible manner without sounding puerile or insolent.

I taya.
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by chariisGRACE(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2020
atheistandproud:
It is 2am and I am sitting in front of my keyboard doing research for my next post and scrolling through Nairaland at leisure and I see that some people are trying to reignite a war that was lost a long time ago. Does it surprise me? Absolutely not. Nigeria is a country of shameless people. People who lie and kill without compunction and hide behind a facade of religion (both religions). I am sorry if your ox is gored. I have lived in both the North and South and I have been swindled by men of both faiths.

I use a lot of social media platforms, from FB, Reddit to Quora and Telegram and of course, our own dear Nairaland. When you visit the tech or phone sections of such platforms, you click from one interesting topic to the next and day go dark without knowing. Because you are enjoying yourself.

Come to Nairaland, if bloggers are not promoting themselves or trash, marketers are promoting trash. If these are not going on, trolls are starting brand wars with provocative statements trying to incite back and forths, performing all sorts of grammatical atrocities that would make Shakespeare turn in his sepulchre. Basically, NL is one big d*ck waving contest with people using phones as a yard stick to measure success in life.

Most of the topics on NL are not even worth a nanosecond of any sane persons time, yet clickbaiting seems to work absolutely well. The most useless topics have the most views. This is am indictment on us as Nairalanders.

I am first and foremost a NLder before anything else. Those who know awhile back, know that I used to write here out of pure joy and fun till a lot of well meaning people asked me to give blogging a try. Some persons invited me to join them but my vision was different from theirs so I went solo. I don't even have an adsense account sef. lol.

I have a dream that Nigerian youths will be tech savvy. That rather than argue about how G90T is now a gaming flagship, rubbish companies will have to upgrade or be kicked out of the market. That we will be inquisitive. That no one will take us for a ride anymore. That sycophants who have sold their souls for 30 pieces of silver will not continue to mislead, misinform and mislead Nigerian youths.

Gbam!!

3 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by KrazyDave16(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2020
NL phone section truly is going to the dogs and misinformation is the norm, no one is interested in knowing what makes what they're using work but only how beautiful the device is, the number of cameras, high MP count and spamming the "G" word at every opportunity.

Would've deleted my account but the comments and funny, sometimes outlandish threads is what's keeping me.
And the fact some sane people need help...

You don't get this kinda comedy on r/android, only engineers with hands-on experience and some smart individuals sharing useful info compared to here where the mentally impared rules and want everyone to have a toe in the present, rest of the body in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by ubev01(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2020
"How G90t is now a flagship gaming chipset" grin
You can't blame them, that's the best they know

4 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Emm22(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2020
ubev01:
"How G90t is now a flagship gaming chipset" grin
You can't blame them, that's the best they know
This got me.

3 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by oxygenlove(m): 11:03am On Oct 13, 2020
Since they want trash..

They give them trash..

for Naija oo... Lie dey sweet pass
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by zakkyzakes: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2020
XploraBen:
Good write up.

i swear that's what baffle's me the most why can't u state facts without been biased some peeps's gotten no iota of guilt misleading the public cause you're being offered some wads,nobody holy pass but u gotta take it easy,some even had to up the ante by creating multiple account with diff moniker and hiding under the guise of being a female damnnn!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by SellFBAccount: 11:23am On Oct 13, 2020
I have a 10 year old Facebook account with 5,000 max friends and it has been registered since 2010.
instead of deactivating it I think the best way is to sell it off and earn money with it.
Who is interesting please signify.

I also got a two year old facebook account of an old friend That no longer uses it, the friends list is up to 800.

interested please signify
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 13, 2020
atheistandproud:

As a tech enthusiasts, I come to phone section everyday to check for interesting topics, but the reverse is the case, it's either brand war, or useless topics. Kudos to people like you,that zeuswriter guy, greenhulk and others who bring educative topics and comment to this section...

2 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Vexaf: 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
e go better
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Friedyokes: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nice piece

No need for the cloaks and daggers...xiaomi, tecno and infinix enthusiasts are the major problem of this section...with their 'not so subtle shades' like you did in your post(G90t wink) or downright insult of the other brand...

you see comments like 'this new tecno has five cameras so it's the best' or 'nigerians don't need good processors just big batteries' or 'i use a redmi 8 and it is better than all the "trashions" phones' or ' have a carlcare close by' ...if we are being honest you'd agree that this are plainly dumb and just some of the rhetorics being touted by the warring factions...

tecno and infinix introduced and majority of us to Android smartphones but along the way we became complaicent and they started producing substandard phones ...we are right to call them out on it ...but some of us are doing it in the least constructive way possible ...attacking people who bought the products like they are the ones producing it and insulting them.. while there are a few of us who contribute using facts that actually makes more sense like saying 'using p22 , a22 and the likes are getting stale' or 'here is a camera comparison between this two brands' or ' I am using both and here is my experience so far' ... intelligent stuff like you'd see on other forums like the op posted...

xiaomi produces some the best phones on the market but they are not infallible ..I give an example ; someone bought a redmi phone as per the recommendations then had a problem with multitasking and complained on the xiaomi thread ..and the response he got was that it was and entry level phone and that if he wants something better he should spend more ...you hear stuff like ' so nah just redmi 8 or 9 you dae use and you dae talk" what on Earth is that ...the xiaomi these same people are touting as the greatest also has faults ?? ...

if you've been on nairaland long enough you'll notice that tecno and infinix has some the most irritating marketers ... pull your hair out irritating.. and other brands offer better at cheaper prices ...

but what most people don't maintain is objectivity, tecno and infinix have been making some bad devices with same specs and different casings ...but the zero 8 the camon 16 the note 7 are good ...you have to admit it... it has some faults but they've made improvements and THAT IS WHAT WE WANT!!....

what we should understand is that neither of this brands pay any of us the customers and what we want ultimately is the best possible experience at the most affordable price segment...

enough of the shades and insults let's instead be contructive ...we want tecno and infinix to make better devices

to the xiaomi enthusiasts pass your message of how you've "seen the light" without being insulting.

tecno and infinix enthusiasts most tecno and infinix are not as good as their xiaomi counterparts so accept criticism while while being objective

3 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Friedyokes:
No need for the cloaks and daggers...xi

Hahaha
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Vexaf:
e go better
Amen
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
oxygenlove:
Since they want trash..
They give them trash..

for Naija oo... Lie dey sweet pass
Gbam
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by XploraBen(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
zakkyzakes:
i swear that's what baffle's me the most why can't u state facts without been biased some peeps's gotten no iota of guilt misleading the public cause you're being offered some wads,nobody holy pass but u gotta take it easy,some even had to up the ante by creating multiple account with diff moniker and hiding under the guise of being a female damnnn!!
You've said it as it is bro... And for those hiding under the guise of being a female, I always see them as trolls and unserious bunch of fellas.
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
Fanboyism is a ridiculous thing.
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Adasun(m): 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
Hmmm...dis matter tye gele o

who get fairly use phone not more than 20-25k for sale?not transsion please grin
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by NewDelhi(m): 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
The phone section has been turned upside down by those xiaomi fan boys who will stop at nothing to promote the brand with false information. They will now bring up one junk website wey the server dey aba to back up their ridiculous claim lol. Na for nairaland I see person claim say one xiaomi model like that better pass Samsung s20 ultra. Those pikin no go kill person mehn

2 Likes

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Emeka71(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
Good one.
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by moscojoor(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
I know some people won't visit this thread
dragnet make he enter front page abeg
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by ernxto(m): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
NewDelhi:
The phone section has been turned upside down by those xiaomi fan boys who will stop at nothing to promote the brand with false information. They will now bring up one junk website wey the server dey aba to back up their ridiculous claim lol. Na for nairaland I see person claim say one xiaomi model like that better pass Samsung s20 ultra. Those pikin no go kill person mehn
Anything is possible these days.
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
moscojoor:
I know some people won't visit this thread
drag.net make he enter front page abeg

Impossicant
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
grin cheesy grin angry grin they have started to point fingers
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
grin cheesy grin angry grin they have started to point fingers

I saw it and ignored.

The people trying to restart the war are pointing fingers. it is okay sha

1 Like

Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Cosmicstranger(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
Goodone
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Exumal: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
It's an educative piece, I won't debt the fact. Pls sir, I was telling a guy there is no much differences between p60 and g80 except from the improving gaming performance on the g80. But he was like it's a old chipset. I made him understand the p60 has better clock speed while g80 has a better gaming power over it. I need more input on this.
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
Friedyokes:
Nice piece

No need for the cloaks and daggers...xiaomi, tecno and infinix enthusiasts are the major problem of this section...with their 'not so subtle shades' like you did in your post(G90t wink) or downright insult of the other brand...

you see comments like 'this new tecno has five cameras so it's the best' or 'nigerians don't need good processors just big batteries' or 'i use a redmi 8 and it is better than all the "trashions" phones' or ' have a carlcare close by' ...if we are being honest you'd agree that this are plainly dumb and just some of the rhetorics being touted by the warring factions...

tecno and infinix introduced and majority of us to Android smartphones but along the way we became complaicent and they started producing substandard phones ...we are right to call them out on it ...but some of us are doing it in the least constructive way possible ...attacking people who bought the products like they are the ones producing it and insulting them.. while there are a few of us who contribute using facts that actually makes more sense like saying 'using p22 , a22 and the likes are getting stale' or 'here is a camera comparison between this two brands' or ' I am using both and here is my experience so far' ... intelligent stuff like you'd see on other forums like the op posted...

xiaomi produces some the best phones on the market but they are not infallible ..I give an example ; someone bought a redmi phone as per the recommendations then had a problem with multitasking and complained on the xiaomi thread ..and the response he got was that it was and entry level phone and that if he wants something better he should spend more ...you hear stuff like ' so nah just redmi 8 or 9 you dae use and you dae talk" what on Earth is that ...the xiaomi these same people are touting as the greatest also has faults ?? ...

if you've been on nairaland long enough you'll notice that tecno and infinix has some the most irritating marketers ... pull your hair out irritating.. and other brands offer better at cheaper prices ...

but what most people don't maintain is objectivity, tecno and infinix have been making some bad devices with same specs and different casings ...but the zero 8 the camon 16 the note 7 are good ...you have to admit it... it has some faults but they've made improvements and THAT IS WHAT WE WANT!!....

what we should understand is that neither of this brands pay any of us the customers and what we want ultimately is the best possible experience at the most affordable price segment...

enough of the shades and insults let's instead be contructive ...we want tecno and infinix to make better devices

to the xiaomi enthusiasts pass your message of how you've "seen the light" without being insulting.

tecno and infinix enthusiasts most tecno and infinix are not as good as their xiaomi counterparts so accept criticism while while being objective

I agree with you wholeheartedly and without reservation.
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by Samyd18: 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
but why do your post never make it to front page
despite writing very informative piece life no balance
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by ollazin: 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lass lass u sef u are a hypocrite
Re: Some Thoughts On The Phone Section By My Humble Self by atheistandproud(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
Samyd18:
but why do your post never make it to front page

despite writing very informative piece
life no balance

This is Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celtel Is Back! / How To Use Opera Mini On Pc / Apps Collection For S60v5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.