Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,126 members, 7,867,256 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? (720 Views)

Ndiigbo: The Love For Jonathan And Hate To Ngige,okorocha Etc. / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope / Face Of Democracy, Jennifer Ohia Unveils Book On Jonathan's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by LagosShia: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2011
"HATE COMES TO ORANAGE COUNTY"

WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFkykjmbM&feature=player_embedded#at=245

ANAHEIM, CA, 3/2/11) -- The Greater Los Angeles Area office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-LA) today released a video of a rally organized by anti-Muslim bigots to protest a February fundraising event held by an American Muslim relief group for relief work and charity in the U.S.

A few hundred protesters showed up to the rally, which was sponsored by groups such as: "We Surround Them OC 912" (a local Tea Party group), Rabbi David Eliezrie of Chabad - Yorba Linda, North Orange County Conservative Coalition, ACT! for America, and Pamela Geller (whose group "Stop the Islamization of America" has been designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center).

Elected officials Congressmen Ed Royce and Gary Miller, and Villa Park Councilwoman Deborah Pauly also attended and spoke at the protest rally.

The event -- held at Yorba Linda Community Center, a facility that has been frequented by Muslim families and businesses over the years -- first became a target of anti-Muslim bigots over two of the fundraiser's speakers, who were to speak on the importance of charity in Islam. Initial attempts of some groups to have the Yorba Linda Community Center and the Yorba Linda City Council cancel the fundraising event failed, followed by the protest.

In a statement, CAIR-LA said:

"We support the First Amendment right of protest\eors anywhere in America to voice their concerns, dissent, and even hatred. However, when our nation's foundational values of inclusiveness, pluralism and equality are attacked by some in favor of calls for advocating hate and violence, then all Americans have a responsibility to challenge and expose such bigotry and those who enable it.

"As the video shows, the rhetoric of the protesters became increasingly venomous toward the families and children who came to attend the ICNA Relief fundraising dinner. Protesters shouted invective statements such as "Go home terrorist," "Muhammad is a pervert, Muhammad is a child molester," "Go home and beat your wife, she needs a good beating" at the event-goers.

"Even more disturbing was the participation and encouragement of elected officials in promoting the hateful protest rally. Villa Park Councilwoman, Deborah Pauly, while addressing the crowd at the rally, appeared to threaten Muslim event-goers. Congressman Ed Royce (R-40), in a troubling trend of disparaging Islam and its followers, added fuel to the fire by encouraging protesters to continue on with their hate-mongering. The attendance of Congressman Gary Miller (R-42) was a clear surprise, since he previously has engaged with all constituents, including Muslims, toward a better America.

"We strongly urge all elected officials in attendance to distance themselves from such an exhibition of hate and bigotry. We further ask residents and elected officials of Yorba Linda, Orange County and other parts of our nation to speak out against such hateful rhetoric and the continued Islamophobia that plagues our nation."
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by Ibime(m): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2011
I saw that video of that show of shame organised by the TEA PARTY. If any eediot tries to tell me that the TEA PARTY is a legitimate organisation again, I will send them a hot slap.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by ekubear1: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2011
*shrug*

A lot of these "charities" end up funding terrorist or fundamentalist organizations somewhere. You cannot expect even average Americans to have warm feelings towards them. Not to talk of a deeply conservative and xenophobic district like Orange Country (which as an aside, has lots of Persians who are very well-integrated into the society there, in part because they are wealthy and not too religious.)

Has nothing to do with democracy really. Just a severe dislike for certain ideologies and anything associated with them.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by LagosShia: 11:56am On Mar 06, 2011
eku_bear:

*shrug*

A lot of these "charities" end up funding terrorist or fundamentalist organizations somewhere. You cannot expect even average Americans to have warm feelings towards them. Not to talk of a deeply conservative and xenophobic district like Orange Country (which as an aside, has lots of Persians who are very well-integrated into the society there, in part because they are wealthy and not too religious.)

Has nothing to do with democracy really. Just a severe dislike for certain ideologies and anything associated with them.

i dont think its fair to try to justify the racism in that video with their hate for terrorism or whatever reason you try to put forth.

if they are stagging that protest because of valid reasons,then why the racist insults?

did you hear them screaming:"go home"?

the issue is if anyone has to "go home" from america,those white settlers who invaded north america and drove away the native red-indian tribes,have to go home first.they should go back to europe.and what "home" would a white american muslim to go to?
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by ekubear1: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2011
LagosShia:

i dont think its fair to try to justify the racism in that video with their hate for terrorism or whatever reason you try to put forth.

if they are stagging that protest because of valid reasons,then why the racist insults?

did you hear them screaming:"go home"?
Free speech in this great country. Everyone can say what they like without be persecuted for this. Note that this freedom doesn't exist in many other places in the world.

the issue is if anyone has to "go home" from america,those white settlers who invaded north america and drove away the native red-indian tribes,have to go home first.they should go back to europe.and what "home" would a white american muslim to go to?
They defeated their colonial masters, killed off most of the Indians, and defeated Mexico. At this point it is theirs, by right of conquest.

I dunno, it is very hard for me to sympathize with people complaining about the US unless the reasons are very good.

Heck. . . you as a Shiite, your life is likely forfeit in Saudi Arabia and certain other Muslim countries. And in Iran, if your brand of Shia Islam is slightly different from that of the mainstream, your life is also in danger.

Here otoh, you can do whatever you like with no persecution.

So why on earth should I pay attention to these critics? Let them fix the problems in their own countries before worrying about the problems in America.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by LagosShia: 12:57am On Mar 08, 2011
eku_bear:

Free speech in this great country. Everyone can say what they like without be persecuted for this. Note that this freedom doesn't exist in many other places in the world.
They defeated their colonial masters, killed off most of the Indians, and defeated Mexico. At this point it is theirs, by right of conquest.

I dunno, it is very hard for me to sympathize with people complaining about the US unless the reasons are very good.

Heck. . . you as a Shiite, your life is likely forfeit in Saudi Arabia and certain other Muslim countries. And in Iran, if your brand of Shia Islam is slightly different from that of the mainstream, your life is also in danger.

Here otoh, you can do whatever you like with no persecution.

So why on earth should I pay attention to these critics? Let them fix the problems in their own countries before worrying about the problems in America.

you're entitled to your opinion.but please dont use lies and try to make my belief a "brand".what do you mean by brand?hello?!!!
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by ekubear1: 7:34am On Mar 08, 2011
LagosShia:

you're entitled to your opinion.but please dont use lies and try to make my belief a "brand".what do you mean by brand?hello?!!!

Jesu. Use a dictionary, infer from context, something. Should it be so had to realize that by "brand", I mean "sect?" Specifically, whatever your sect within Shiite Islam is?

Also, do not call me a liar. At the very least, provide evidence. You've offered nothing. Overall, your response was of very low quality.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by LagosShia: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2011
eku_bear:

Jesu. Use a dictionary, infer from context, something. Should it be so had to realize that by "brand", I mean "sect?" Specifically, whatever your sect within Shiite Islam is?

Also, do not call me a liar. At the very least, provide evidence. You've offered nothing. Overall, your response was of very low quality.

there are no sects in shia islam.if you say there are sects,then name them.you are either shia or you're not.

i hope you're not refering to ismailis or zaydis both of which are virtually non-existent in iran.calling those 2 sects shia is as good as calling ahmadiyyas sunnis,when they're not even regarded as muslims.simply because they sprang out from shia islam,doesnt make them shia.when you become an "offshoot" you're no longer within the main body or the mainstream.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by Kenezi: 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2011
Are they wrong? Muhammed was a child molester.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by ekubear1: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2011
LagosShia:

there are no sects in shia islam.if you say there are sects,then name them.you are either shia or you're not.

i hope you're not refering to ismailis or zaydis both of which are virtually non-existent in iran.calling those 2 sects shia is as good as calling ahmadiyyas sunnis,when they're not even regarded as muslims.simply because they sprang out from shia islam,doesnt make them shia.when you become an "offshoot" you're no longer within the main body or the mainstream.

Next time I see my buddy I'll ask him the name of his grandmother's (Shia) sect. They were persecuted and eventually fled Iran for Canada (this was after the Islamic revolution there.)
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by ziccoit: 6:55am On Mar 15, 2011
Kenezi:

Are they wrong? Muhammed was a child molester.

You want to assume Muhammed(PBH) was a "child molester" (some people even called him "paedophile"wink because of his marriage with Aisha(PBH) at age of six and consummation of that marriage at age of nine.

I took me a while before I decided to respond to your conscience because I believe you know next to nothing of the faith you claimed to follow. Islam actually has the best Laws as af as marriage is concerned like every other facets of human life. You are either lazy to find out the truth or choose to do so from wrong sources. These are the truths; 

These are the attributes of a paedophile in comparison with who Prophet of Allah is;
"Low self esteem. Many pedophiles, although by no means all, do not have a great sense of capacity for adopting a sexual demeanor towards adults or those of their own age or older. They feel unhappy and fearful at the prospect of sexual behaviour with adults and hence turn to children due to the fact that they are unable to have the strength of personality to seek adults for sexual demeanor. When considering treatment therefore it is important to establish and develop a higher sense of self-esteem in such individuals."

As well as being married to Aisha, he was also married to many other women during his life. He wasn't certainly suffering from low self-esteem. Therefore, this does not apply to Muhammad.

"Lack of impulse control. Many pedophiles find it extremely difficult to deal with the impulsive nature which inclines them towards sexual behaviour to children. They simply cannot control their need for engaging children in sexual practices. They might be said to suffer from an obsessive-compulsive condition. Here again treatment would involve developing better impulse control and of course redirecting the sexual inclinations."

Muhammad waited for at least three years before consummating the marriage. Therefore, this point of 'lack of self control' does not apply to Muhammad. Also, fasting during Ramadan requires abstention from sexual relations. Why would Muhammad practise this if he had no self-control?

"Denial. Many pedophiles deny there is anything wrong with having sexual relations with children and many will in due course paradoxically deny having carried out such practices should they be confronted. It is vital to change the attitudes of such individuals much as in the lack of empathy with their victim."

Muhammad never once denied having sex with his wife. Also note the use of the term 'victim'. Aisha could not be described as a victim. Therefore, this does not apply to Muhammad.

"History of previous pedophile activity. Many pedophiles have carried out minor or major acts of pedophile behaviour in the past and this has led to habit as well as the obsessive-compulsive nature of the act towards children. It is vital here to promote alternative habits i.e. in attitudes and demeanor of sexual behaviour with adults."

Muhammad has no history of pedophile activity whatsoever. Also, as I pointed out, all of Muhammad's other wives were adult, and there is no evidence of him being obsessed with children. Therefore, this doesn't apply to Muhammad.

"Poor family relationships - many pedophiles have come from families that are in chaos or are lacking in stability. This has led them to view sexual behaviour with children rather than adults as acceptable especially if this has been practised upon them by a member of the family in the past. Although it is difficult to reverse what has happened in the past through discussion or attitude changes it is vital that insight must be gained by the individual into how his/her pedophile activity originated and was developed through the family dynamics."

Although he was orphaned at a young age, Muhammad was always very close to all his family members, and advocated that whosoever cuts the bond of kith and kin, he/she would be denied paradise. Therefore, this does not apply to Muhammad.

"Low IQ - there are pedophiles who have low intelligence but by no means all are in this category. Where this is the case appropriate therapeutic efforts must be made to develop understanding of what they are doing wrong and what they must do to change."

Despite being illiterate, Muhammad had a reputation for being a very bright young boy, an excellent trader, and an extremely wise man. Therefore, this point does not apply to Muhammad.

"Loneliness, depression and relationship needs - this particular trait is associated with low self-esteem and lack of empathy with the victim. Many pedophiles are lonely individuals who live on their own and have found it difficult to establish relationships with adults, especially for sexual purposes. Some suffer from psychological problems and even psychotic illnesses. Here intensive treatment and monitoring is in order."

Muhammad wasn't suffering from depression when he married Aisha. Also, low self-esteem, loneliness, and difficulty to establish relations could not be attributed to Muhammad.

"Having been themselves sexually abused - many pedophiles have themselves been sexually abused in the past by adults. They merely imitate what they experienced and continue their activity considering it as appropriate since it was done to them."

This certainly isn't true.

What about the "BIBLE'S PROPHETS'" marriages, though I have my believe as told by Quran concerning these Prophets of Allah

We learn about some Prophets marrying many wives, even hundreds of wives in some cases.  Let us look at some of the verses from the Old Testament:

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

And knowing that the Bible's Old Testament allowed men to have sex with girls who were at the age of 3, then it wouldn't surprise me that those Prophets who had 700 wives for instance, had many very young "teenage" girls before as their wives.

--What about the X-Rated incidences in the Bible?
           Song of Songs 8:1-3
           Song of Songs 7:10-12
           Song of Solomon 8:10
           Song of Songs 4:9,10&12
     The contents of all these verses are too obscene to be quoted here. Take a good, unmanipulated Bible and read on.
  --What about Aisha's parents (mom and dad), are they too "Child Molesters"?
  --Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary!  Was he too a pedophile?

You will also see examples of Prophets sleeping with their neighbor's wives, such as the following:

David watches a women bathe, likes what he sees, and "goes in unto her."   Let us look at 2 Samuel 11:2-4  "One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, 'Isn't this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite?'  Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (She had purified herself from her uncleanness.) Then she went back home."  This is a Holy Figure in the Bible?

So what happened to "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.  (From the NIV Bible, Leviticus 20:10)"?

How come Leviticus 20:10 was compromised in the Bible and was never applied to King David?!

There are many more. The simple fact is that Prophet Muhammed was not a child Molester has been claimed by the enemies of Islam just to paint the Noble Prophet of Allah and Islam black. Lets always get our facts right.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by texazzpete(m): 7:26am On Mar 15, 2011
LagosShia:

"HATE COMES TO ORANAGE COUNTY"

WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFkykjmbM&feature=player_embedded#at=245

ANAHEIM, CA, 3/2/11) -- The Greater Los Angeles Area office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-LA) today released a video of a rally organized by anti-Muslim bigots to protest a February fundraising event held by an American Muslim relief group for relief work and charity in the U.S.

A few hundred protesters showed up to the rally, which was sponsored by groups such as: "We Surround Them OC 912" (a local Tea Party group), Rabbi David Eliezrie of Chabad - Yorba Linda, North Orange County Conservative Coalition, ACT! for America, and Pamela Geller (whose group "Stop the Islamization of America" has been designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center).

Elected officials Congressmen Ed Royce and Gary Miller, and Villa Park Councilwoman Deborah Pauly also attended and spoke at the protest rally.

The event -- held at Yorba Linda Community Center, a facility that has been frequented by Muslim families and businesses over the years -- first became a target of anti-Muslim bigots over two of the fundraiser's speakers, who were to speak on the importance of charity in Islam. Initial attempts of some groups to have the Yorba Linda Community Center and the Yorba Linda City Council cancel the fundraising event failed, followed by the protest.

In a statement, CAIR-LA said:

"We support the First Amendment right of protest\eors anywhere in America to voice their concerns, dissent, and even hatred. However, when our nation's foundational values of inclusiveness, pluralism and equality are attacked by some in favor of calls for advocating hate and violence, then all Americans have a responsibility to challenge and expose such bigotry and those who enable it.

"As the video shows, the rhetoric of the protesters became increasingly venomous toward the families and children who came to attend the ICNA Relief fundraising dinner. Protesters shouted invective statements such as "Go home terrorist," "Muhammad is a pervert, Muhammad is a child molester," "Go home and beat your wife, she needs a good beating" at the event-goers.

"Even more disturbing was the participation and encouragement of elected officials in promoting the hateful protest rally. Villa Park Councilwoman, Deborah Pauly, while addressing the crowd at the rally, appeared to threaten Muslim event-goers. Congressman Ed Royce (R-40), in a troubling trend of disparaging Islam and its followers, added fuel to the fire by encouraging protesters to continue on with their hate-mongering. The attendance of Congressman Gary Miller (R-42) was a clear surprise, since he previously has engaged with all constituents, including Muslims, toward a better America.

"We strongly urge all elected officials in attendance to distance themselves from such an exhibition of hate and bigotry. We further ask residents and elected officials of Yorba Linda, Orange County and other parts of our nation to speak out against such hateful rhetoric and the continued Islamophobia that plagues our nation."

When you write a piece condemning the firebombing of churches in Iraq and Pakistan and the oppression of Christians in Iraq, we'll take you seriously.

How many Christian organizations are allowed to hold much publicized fund raisers in Saudi Arabia? What would be the likely response from the Taliban if this were a Christian charity raising money in Afghanistan or Pakistan?

I'm not saying what those Tea Party eediots did was right or even decent. People should be free to exercise their fundamental rights. I just feel you should be aware of the hypocrisy involved in you opening this topic.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by ziccoit: 8:20am On Mar 15, 2011
texazzpete:

When you write a piece condemning the firebombing of churches in Iraq and Pakistan and the oppression of Christians in Iraq, we'll take you seriously.

How many Christian organizations are allowed to hold much publicized fund raisers in Saudi Arabia? What would be the likely response from the Taliban if this were a Christian charity raising money in Afghanistan or Pakistan?

I'm not saying what those Tea Party eediots did was right or even decent. People should be free to exercise their fundamental rights. I just feel you should be aware of the hypocrisy involved in you opening this topic.

America has a constitution that proclaimed the country "a free democracy" Where you can wake up one day, take your bath and walk to your place of work unclothed. You may even choose to visit as may brothels as you wish.

" Saudi Arabia,Afghanistan or Pakistan" as stated are Islamic countries with ISLAMIC Constitutions that frown against anything Non-Islamic. If those countries constitutions say no to what you questioned above, so be it according to their Constitution.
Re: American Racism And Hate Because Of "democracy"? by texazzpete(m): 10:13am On Mar 15, 2011
ziccoit:

America has a constitution that proclaimed the country "a free democracy" Where you can wake up one day, take your bath and walk to your place of work unclothed. You may even choose to visit as may brothels as you wish.

" Saudi Arabia,Afghanistan or Pakistan" as stated are Islamic countries with ISLAMIC Constitutions that frown against anything Non-Islamic. If those countries constitutions say no to what you questioned above, so be it according to their Constitution.

And what about the attacks on Christians in Turkey and Egypt?

(1) (Reply)

"iroko" Team Sweeps Ondo / Woman Goes Back To Pu To Vote For Buhari After Labour, Names Child After Buhari. / Support Intensifies For South West Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.