Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

How Jumia Scammed Me! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Jumia Scammed Me! (634 Views)

Fraud Alert: How Clubkonnect Scammed Me / If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed / How Jumia Is About To Ruin My Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jumia Scammed Me! by Amtrak: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
I ordered a new laptop for about N125,000 from Jumia but when the delivery man came he arrived with package unwrapped. He said that he mistakenly delivered it to the wrong person but immediately collected it back as soon as he realised his mistake; and he was assuring me that there was no foulplay because the whole unwrapping took place in his presence.

I didn't like this at all so I rejected the package despite all his pleas: I told him it was nothing personal, but the wrapped package being intact is one of the few guaranties I had from Jumia. So later that evening, Jumia sent me their regular message whenever a package delivery was unsuccessful.

On the morning of the next day, Jumia sent me their normal delivery text. So later in the day, I met up with the delivery man - a different person this time. When we met, he sent me the package code and asked me to tell him what the code he sent me was; I told him correctly before he then released the package to me. Note that the previous delivery man didn't do this. And I wonder how he would make a mistake like he claimed he did if he actually did this before handing the package to whoever unwrapped it.

However, upon careful observation of the carton of the new laptop, I realised that it was the same package from the previous day; I didn't like this, but also felt I didn't yet have reason strong enough to make me reject the package a second time "since Jumia repackaged it in their office again they must have certified that there was no foul play". Nevertheless, I became worried when I unwrapped my package and took it out of the carton all to see that there were no manuals or product papers, and the inner nylon had been cut open with a blade - it was obvious, the laptop was compromised!

I was very unhappy with the situation but however wanted to see if I could still manage the laptop and avoid all the trouble. Nevertheless the situation got even worse when I discovered that the system could connect to my wifi hotspot, but could not browse no matter the browser I tried.

At this point, I got fed up and tried to contact customer service via telephone but the automated voice response said that as part of their measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 their customer care representatives won't be there to attend to complaints. So I searched for any other Jumia number but found it funny when I discovered that the same so called customer care representatives were available on a different line to take only new orders, but not to attend to issues of customer complaint. The customer service person I spoke with advised me to go online and fill their queries form that my issues will be attended to - I agreed, because what else could I do remotely?

I filled the form, went ahead to rate the product, and wrote a review; and on both sections I narrated my experience. They said they were going to refund me within a short while via JumiaPay. But I waited many days and didn't hear from them, so I went ahead to check for the form I filled and the review only to discover that Jumia had seemingly wiped off all records of such. Actually, before my decision to purchase the item I went through the product reviews to gain confidence in the best product. This particular product had over 100 reviews, all positive or okay. But as of the moment of writing this, this product has only one review!

The number of days for eligibility for return will expire on October 15, 2020, and I am writing this on October 13, 2020; however, it's funny that whenever I try to fill another form to return the package, and I select "Item received broken or defective" as my reason for return (the same reason I chose for the successful submission the first time), their system prompts me that my return is not eligible for this return reason.

My conclusion is that Jumia is scamming people because they feel they can get away with it, and they are also unknowingly covering up fraud perpetrated within their system by some members of their organisation because:

How will a delivery agent release a package without verifying the code of the receiver?
How will a manager within the office agree to repackage a compromised package in such a case?
How will a single negative review lead to the removal of over 100 previous reviews, mostly positive?
How is it that there are customer service representatives available to take new orders during COVID-19, but none is available to attend to a problem with an old order?
And how is it that I was able to successfully submit a return form based on the stated reason, and a few days later a return was no longer eligible for submission for the same stated reason?
Why is it that they are strangely silent over my query, and rather have made adjustments to bar unsuspecting customers form making any query submissions for the stated reason?

So many questions to ask, but let me stop here.

In case you work with Jumia and you're reading this, help uncover the fraud within your system; there might be a criminal ring within.
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by Vexaf: 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
sorry about that
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by ola0089(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
Sorry about this, I don't work with jumia but I will like to assist you, you can contact any jumia station closer to you for complain.. also note you can only reject an item within few days of purchase. You can reach me on this 0708190461 for further assistance. Thank you and God bless
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by MagmaPower: 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
So people still use jumia.? When there’s eBay and Amazon,
You’ll get your refunds, no long story
Jumia and Konga just exploit Nigerians, just like transission People,
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by Amtrak: 9:52am On Oct 14, 2020
ola0089:
Sorry about this, I don't work with jumia but I will like to assist you, you can contact any jumia station closer to you for complain.. also note you can only reject an item within few days of purchase. You can reach me on this 0708190461 for further assistance. Thank you and God bless

Thank you sir, I really appreciate.
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by fourboys: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2020
I stopped buying things online long time ago
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by Amtrak: 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
ola0089:

The number seems to not be complete
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by ola0089(m): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
07081900461 call me
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by Elliot2(m): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
Amtrak:

The number seems to not be complete
You tried to contact me on email, but I can't check my mails now. What is it?
Re: How Jumia Scammed Me! by wehdone(m): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sorry about your experience. I use Jumia a lot, so I'll give you aome tips, in case of a next time

1. Reject the package if you feel it's compromised. If you have to collect it to test, don't wait more than a day or 2 to make your complaints. You stand a higher chance of getting your refunds if the request is filed early... 7 day, or 15 days for JumiaPrime orders.

2. Jumia always make their refunds, even if the item has been used or got spoilt within thier 1-15 period, depending on the items though. I got a 30amp powermatic surge protectors. Used it and it burnt within 5 days. I made my complain to Jumia; and got my refund less than 24hours later. Complain early!

3. Don't request for returns again; make a compliant! Complain to them how you order was compromised, how you have tried to reach them to no avail till your validity expired. Tell them your complaint in full. No insults, be very civil.

I order like anything and everything from Jumia. If they were a scam, trust me I would have stopped long ago!

(1) (Reply)

CBN Sacks Board Of Directors Of FBN Holdings, First Bank, Reinstates Dr. Sola Ad / Port Harcourt dents Die In A Car Accident While Returning From Nightclub [video] / Can Someone Who Doesn't Go To Church Or Mosque Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.