Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,610 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims (22875 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: NNPCL Releases 1.9billion Litres PMS After DSS Ultimatum / ISWAP Releases Photos Of Brig. Gen. Zirkusu, Other Slain Soldiers, Armoured Vehi / Military Releases 1,009 Ex-Boko Haram Fighters To Borno Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by chiedonedoor(m): 7:00am On Oct 14, 2020
Interesting.
1 Corinthians 6:9. KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Christ Jesus is coming soon. Get right with God
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by martineverest(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2020
that's too small
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by adez33(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2020
malali:
Insult upon injury. I thought Makinde was a progressive, i did not know he is a useless fellow as the rest of them.
He gave the Soun of Ogbomosho 100 million to "repair'' palace.......because he doesn't want to lose the Soun's political backing.

He gave families of the deceased 1 Million Naira .....only 1 million
Is that money ??
Even me as a private citizen will give each family 10 million Naira

When police settles for brutality it should be at least 10 million dollars ......on humane grounds, you should compensate family with enough money for accommodation (buying a house) and also so enough for social welfare.

#Endscamcompensation.
daddy please have mercy for you son since you can do more than than ,you can also help me financially......0238778412 Wema alat thanks in advance��
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Muftimenk: 7:10am On Oct 14, 2020
Mynd44:
sorosoke please.
We can't hear you
lol
Good morning babagbalagba
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by dapaiks: 7:11am On Oct 14, 2020
Ah! Nigeria my Country e don start...
They will always find a way to lute our money.
Now na #Endsars they wan use as strategy thief our money.
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Rocboy112: 7:11am On Oct 14, 2020
Mekudi:
Nonsense , Makinde released #100M for the renovation of Ogbomoso palace
All dis politicians are d same
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by nairalandankrah: 7:11am On Oct 14, 2020
Audio money(Lagos) VS Real money(Oyo)..
If you know you know
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Brunicekid(m): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2020
1 Million to COMPENSATE HUMAN LIFE!!!

Not Makinde's fault, though.

I feel so so sorry sad for Isiaka's family, though.

The cause the Late Isiaka fought for have to be realized! We need to keep on with the #ENDSARS
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

Share this post to Spread this message!!!
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by rummmy: 7:12am On Oct 14, 2020
Human life now cost #1m in oyo..........
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Geeman74(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2020
Mekudi:
Nonsense , Makinde released #100M for the renovation of Ogbomoso palacwhile
while he ordered for investigation to determine the extent of damage. So why dash the monarch#100m when you have not determine the level of damage and insult the dead with a paltry #1m
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by seguntijan(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2020
One fact that must never ever be ignored is that you cannot get a police that is better than the citizens of a country.

Same way you cannot get politicians better than the citizen.

The police and politicians are citizens too. You cannot give what you do not have.

You want CHANGE. Good! The question is, do you want to change by COOPERATION or by COERCION.

The British police behave like the British citizens. The American police have the character of the American people.

We cannot have the kind of British Police emerge from the Nigerian character.

Welfare aside. It is a character issue. Does being well remunerated prevent our legislators from dipping their hands in the cookie jar?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Shegzy124: 7:21am On Oct 14, 2020
whytediamond:
1million Naira from government is the biggest insult ever.

See why bad Governance must be protested against.
.. O wrong nah
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Unrated900(m): 7:22am On Oct 14, 2020
Davash222:
Only 1 million

At least he tried compare to other chest beaters
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Eriokanmi: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2020
Davash222:
Only 1 million
Human beings are ungrateful. Was it makinde who shot at the innocent young man? Was the protest about or against makinde like oyo people protested against late ajimobi for touching ayefele's building which was even far from the road he claimed he was expanding? The last time i checked, SARS was an element of the federal government not state. What has the federal govt done to the family? Makinde visited almost immediately after the incident to commiserate with the family. How many people had the federal govt sent to them to do the same?

For me, that's the way a responsible and responsive governor should do and not like the puppet in lagos who keeps making empty promises. Where is the money realised from the covid-19 endowment fund? Where's the whopping sum he promised as relief package to smes to cushion the effect of covid-19? Covid-19 is almost gone but nothing had been done. He's not paid the minimum wage till date after his empty promises to lagos workers that he wouldn't only pay 30k but 35k as minimum wage. From September last year, to January and up till last month, it's still same story despite the state being buoyant financially. Workers protested last month, blocking the entrance into institutions for his failure to pay when other states like edo had been paying same since February

Now he has made another gaffe. 200m naira my foot. The innocent victims have just created an avenue for sanwoolu to embezzle money. If the victims and family get up to 20% of that money, they're lucky. Someone who claimed he spent between 100k and 1m naira to treat one covid-19 patient daily cannot be taken seriously. The funds were donated, likewise the isolation centres, wondering what was he feeding and treating patients with. It'sin the news Google is your friend if in doubt.. Almost one and half years in office, no meaningful achievement to his credit and only a puppet can act that way.
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Goke7: 7:23am On Oct 14, 2020
QuietHammer:
Too poor, though the Oyo state government is not under any obligation to give. The victim was killed by personnels of the Federal Government.
The federal government should compensate the families of the victims

Will you say the same if it was Lagos State govt?

Stop the hypocrisy. The Oyo governor na scam

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Goke7: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Human beings are ungrateful. Was it makinde who shot at the innocent young man? Was the protest about or against makinde like oyo people protested against late ajimobi for touching ayefele's building which was even far from the road he claimed he was expanding? The last time i checked, SARS was an element of the federal government not state. What has the federal govt done to the family? Makinde visited almost immediately after the incident to commiserate with the family. How many people had the federal govt sent to them to do the same?

For me, that's the way a responsible and responsive governor should do and not like the puppet in lagos who keeps making empty promises. Where is the money realised from the covid-19 endowment fund? Where's the whopping sum he promised as relief package to smes to cushion the effect of covid-19? Covid-19 is almost gone but nothing had been done. He's not paid the minimum wage till date after his empty promises to lagos workers that he wouldn't only pay 30k but 35k as minimum wage. From September last year, to January and up till last month, it's still same story despite the state being buoyant financially. Workers protested last month, blocking the entrance into institutions for his failure to pay when other states like edo had been paying same since February

Now he has made another gaffe. 200m naira my foot. The innocent victims have just created an avenue for sanwoolu to embezzle money. If the victims and family get up to 20% of that money, they're lucky. Someone who claimed he spent between 100k and 1m naira to treat one covid-19 patient daily cannot be taken seriously. The funds were donated, likewise the isolation centres, wondering what was he feeding and treating patients with. It'sin the news Google is your friend if in doubt.. Almost one and half years in office, no meaningful achievement to his credit and only a puppet can act that way.

Hypocrite, oyo gov is right but lagos gov is wrong abi, mumu

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Shadysen: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2020
Naija just waisted a soul and give one million shekina.
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by matthew080: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2020
1m=isiakas life.
Indeed isiaka is a stupid and useless youth during is life time.
I only pity his parent
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Am4obama(m): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2020
What are you saying? He gave the palace 100M and family of the dead #1.. where's the justice? Two set of people are out problem in this country.. 1. Police 2. Politician.
#EndSwat
#EndPolitician

Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

In as much as 1 million
Won't do much or raise the dead shaa
Buh the family members should
Use it nd empower themselves
Or start up a b0mbing Carrier make them
B0mbing steadily, even dey gods of SARS will
Be with them cos there love ones don already sacrifice there lives.
Buh what did I know
Mushin weed always in my hands
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by fatymore(f): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2020
But gave the palace 100milla
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by cardoctor(m): 7:29am On Oct 14, 2020
The cost of a life is 1m Naira in Oyo State.
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2020
He said "more to follow after the 1 million naira".

Which possibly means more compensation will be handed out discreetly so as to save them from unecessary attention.

You morons should go check his Twitter and stop being stupid.

Everything is not politics idiots.
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by holaralph(m): 7:31am On Oct 14, 2020
REMOVE ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH END SARS IN YOUR PHONES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't ignore. Read through and warn your children.
Just as I left the hospital

Before I got to the intersection.

They pulled before us in a black Toyota Sienna.

Blocking us from moving further.

These men.

In black and blue jeans.

And black tight t-shirts.

Heavily armed.

Sunglasses as usual.

Climbed out of the vehicle.

My driver exhaled heavily.

"These people again."

Eight men.

Two moved toward the Taxify.

Gun raised.

Cocking their rifles as though they had caught some criminals.

I sat calmly.

If you are a young man who frequents Taxify or Uber in Lagos, you'd probably get used to that embarrassment.

I had nothing with me just my phone.

And the medication I had gotten from the hospital.

I was so weak.

Massive headache.

While they approached I asked my driver.

"Who are those guys?"

"Haaa. Bros, na SARS o."

I said.

"I thought they have banned these guys?"

He looked at me.

"For wia. Na today?"

I sighed.

The two approached one on each side of the car. I kept my hands in plain sight and made no sudden moves.

One of the men shouted at my driver.

"You no go wind down? Abi you want us to beg you?"

The Taxify driver quickly hit the window button as he screamed forcing a smile.

"Aaah officer of the law no vex, sir! I throw way salute."

The one who had shouted approached my window.

I was looking away.

He shouted.

"Oga, you no dey greet person abi you no see us?"

I slowly turned my head and looked at him.

"Officer, good afternoon, sir."

"Afternoon. Who are you?"

I was about to answer.

He shouted.

"Oga, come down?!"

One of his folks standing a few steps away shouted.

"Who be dis person wey no dey hear us? Na one of those protesters? Devil go welcome am for hell now if he be one of those protesters."

He cocked his gun and approached my Taxify.

It was a lonely road.

No onlookers.

A few cars passed by the other side of the lane.

I gently got down from the car.

I greeted again.

Both of them.

"Officers, good afternoon, sir."

My driver came out and said.

"Na my passenger! I pick am from that hospital down the road."

The one who had asked me who I am shouted at him.

"Shut up! Did we ask you anything? You dey mad? Your moda!"

Then he turned to me.

"Oga, who are you?"

"My name is Kyrian Chiemelie, sir."

"What do you do? Wetin dey your pocket?"

"I am a writer, sir."

"Journalist?"

"No, sir. Author, scriptwriter, filmmaker, sir."

"Oga, wetin dey your pocket?"

"My phone, sir."

"Bring it out."

I dug out my phone.

"Unlock it."

"Why?"

The other one shouted attracting the rest, pointing his gun at him.

"You are asking us questions? Are you stupid?"

I said.

"No, sir. But none of you has the right to search my phone. I didn't do anything wrong."

One shouted, running toward us.

"Who dey yarn that rubbish? Na one of the protesters? Shoot the modafuvker!"

The other one said.

"We never know na when we search him phone we go know."

The Taxify driver said to me.

"Please, unlock your phone. You know what is going on already."

The one pointing rifle at me shouted.

Eyes widened.

Dark lips.

Unsmiling face.

"Oga, unlock your phone for the last time!"

As I used my fingerprint he snatched my phone from me immediately.

Handed it to the last folk who approached us.

He seemed to be the leader.

He started to go through my phone as he said.

"What did you say you do again?"

"I am a filmmaker, sir."

"Actor?"

I shook my head.

"Basically writing."

He looked at me.

"You look tired."

I said.

"I just dey come back from the hospital. The one down there."

"Wetin dey do you? COVID-19?"

"No, sir. Na stress and little sickness. My doctor has given me some tablets, I will be fine in a couple of days."

As he scrolled through my phone the others watched.

Gun pointed up, down. A few at me.

I remained chilled.

He asked.

"And you are not one of the end SARS protesters."

I remained silent.

One of them moved toward me as though he wanted to hit me his rifle.

I dodged.

"Oga, dey ask you, you dey ignore am."

The man said.

"Leave am. Make I see end SARS pictures on his phone first and he is gone with the gun."

I was still silent.

A few minutes later.

One said to the one with my phone.

"Oga, did you see any pictures of end SARS on his phone?"

"I never see one."

I said.

"Sir, can I go, please? There is nothing on my phone."

He looked at me.

"Are you teaching us our job?"

"Not at all, sir. But there is nothing on my phone. My doctor said I should not stand too long."

Two laughed.

"You dey tell us na. We wey no get doctor make we die. We wey dey use chamist cure our infection and malaria."

I didn't say a word.

One of them approached me and showed me some images on his phone.

Dead bodies.

Fresh corpses of youth, both male and female.

Lying by the bush.

Blood gushing from bullet wounds.

I looked at him, in fear.

He said.

"Shey dem dey shout end SARS we no dey catch anybody again o. But na make we see pictures of end SARS for person phone the person is gone. Dis ones wey you dey see so na some of the protesters o. Shey dey don die like dis? Dey will keep dying."

One shouted at him.

"Why you dey tell am this thing? Why you dey leak our secret? Do you know who he is?"

"Shey he talk say na filmmaker? He won't do anything."

Goosebumps rushed over me.

In actuality of how these guys are killing in reckless abandon.

The one with my phone said.

"I no see anything for him phone. He is free to go."

He handed my phone back to me.

Then said.

I took my phone and said.

"Thank you."

As I headed back to the Taxify, a Lexus Jeep was approaching behind us.

They rushed immediately and flew it to stop.

The Taxify driver got in and we started to drive off.

While I looked behind, watching as they dragged five guys out of the car.

About three wore t-shirts.

Boldly written 'EndSARS'.

The Taxify turned right at the intersection and I couldn't see anymore.

He shouted.

"Ah. These people are in trouble."

But I heard it barely ten seconds later.

It was loud from a distance.

Pooo!

Pooo!!

Pooo!!!

Three gunshots.

These guys are evil, I repeat very evil, kindly delete anything that has to do with ''ENDSARS''in your phone ����

Ikeja

Kyrian Chiemelie Offor
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by pacespot(m): 7:33am On Oct 14, 2020
This guy seems to be people oriented. Those saying N1 million isn't enough, are you asking him to buy the souls of those dead protesters from their families? This is just a condolence gift to their families, Nigerians should learn to be contented when someone is showing magnanimity
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Eriokanmi: 7:34am On Oct 14, 2020
Goke7:

Hypocrite, oyo gov is right but lagos gov is wrong abi, mumu
Lagos under the puppet can never be right. Had someone like ambode promised to give such money, people would have just gone to sleep because they'd get all the money. Oyo didn't promise before giving the victim's family the money, in less than 72 hours after the incident he responded with a relief. What if he now promised, which I'm sure he would still do? Then one should expect even more. That's what I understand by being responsible and responsive. The 1m naira was just to give the family a succour.

I dare you defend all the points raised about sanwoolu instead of attacking. Una eyes go soon clear .
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by mceesparkles(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2020
100million to renovate palace... Not that it was completely burnt down ooohhh... We are our own problem in this country
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Goke7: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Lagos under the puppet can never be right. Had someone like ambode promised to give such money, people would have just gone to sleep because they'd get all the money. Oyo didn't promise before giving the victim's family the money, in less than 72 hours after the incident he responded with a relief. What if he now promised, which I'm sure he would still do? Then one should expect even more. That's what I understand by being responsible and responsive. The 1m naira was just to give the family a succour.

I dare you defend all the points raised about sanwoolu instead of attacking. Una eyes go soon clear .

Your ambode angle shows how political you are and unreasonable. You guys only support your own whether right or wrong so I don't give a damn about your hypocritical views

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Goke7: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2020
mceesparkles:
100million to renovate palace... Not that it was completely burnt down ooohhh... We are our own problem in this country

Only makinde apologists don't see anything wrong grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Goke7: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2020
pacespot:
This guy seems to be people oriented. Those saying N1 million isn't enough, are you asking him to buy the souls of those dead protesters from their families? This is just a condolence gift to their families, Nigerians should learn to be contented when someone is showing magnanimity

If buhari did this, you won't say nigerians should be contented, hypocrite

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by ThatFairGuy1: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2020
Johnnyessence:
nope you are wrong, stop saying trash.
Emeka from Enugu, what's wrong in his statement?
Is what Makinde did COMMONSENSICAL?
100m for renovationof palace, 1m for a lost life. Is that COMMONSENSICAL?

Besides, don't spoil our land for us. Do not stop anyone from scolding the misplaced priorities of Makinde.

Face your East jejely
Re: EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims by Johnnyessence(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2020
Mynd44:
sorosoke please.
We can't hear you
OK I don hear you bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SNM Accuses Nnamdi Kanu Of Crimes Against Humanity / Fashola Inspects Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway / Boss Mustapha: Interstate Movement Of Almajiri Violating Buhari’s Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.