Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Broiler Farmers In The House, I Need Help Please... - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Broiler Farmers In The House, I Need Help Please... (388 Views)

Useful Info For Broiler Farmers. / FG Procures N646m Farming Equipments For Farmers In SouthEast / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broiler Farmers In The House, I Need Help Please... by OnlineInvestmen(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2020
Good day all..
Let me go straight to the point.

I jumped on poultry farming recently, (just in the middle of the lockdown). Price of 1 carton of bird ranged from 9k to 10k while we started. price of feed ranged from 3k to 3,200 at that time..

Fine, I started with about 100 birds.. we raised for 7 weeks. with 22bags of Ultima feed. we did well tho.. sold the birds @ 1,800 per bird..

Fast forward to last week.
I placed order for birds.. 1 carton is now ranging from 30-31k.. Price of feed is 4,600 per bag..

But the buyers of this birds are still stuck with 1800 to 2,000 per bird..

This is disheartening..
Talkless of buying drugs, vaccines,..

please help me, I might not be doing something rightly
Re: Broiler Farmers In The House, I Need Help Please... by tknyskny(m): 7:32am On Oct 14, 2020
that's the market o...the price of everything as increased.....I am selling my boilers btw 7k-10k this coming festivals....if u no get money to buy hide ya face

1 Like

Re: Broiler Farmers In The House, I Need Help Please... by Sultannayef: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2020
Competition has increased terribly
Re: Broiler Farmers In The House, I Need Help Please... by Mide3367: 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2020
OnlineInvestmen:
Good day all..
Let me go straight to the point.

I jumped on poultry farming recently, (just in the middle of the lockdown). Price of 1 carton of bird ranged from 9k to 10k while we started. price of feed ranged from 3k to 3,200 at that time..

Fine, I started with about 100 birds.. we raised for 7 weeks. with 22bags of Ultima feed. we did well tho.. sold the birds @ 1,800 per bird..

Fast forward to last week.
I placed order for birds.. 1 carton is now ranging from 30-31k.. Price of feed is 4,600 per bag..

But the buyers of this birds are still stuck with 1800 to 2,000 per bird..

This is disheartening..
Talkless of buying drugs, vaccines,..

please help me, I might not be doing something rightly
that is Nigeria for u. No regulation anywhere
Re: Broiler Farmers In The House, I Need Help Please... by OnlineInvestmen(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2020
it is honestly alarming.. I was reading something like organic farming.. how a farmer can use herbs instead of this inorganic drugs dem.. anyone has an idea??

(1) (Reply)

IITA: Joint Agribusiness Park Activities Commence In Oyo State / Cost Of Fish Smoking Machine / Dried Cashew Nuts For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.