Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,155 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

SARS: Nigerians Penchant For Self-deception - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SARS: Nigerians Penchant For Self-deception (169 Views)

DNA Tests : A Story Of Deception, Frustration, Depression / The Deception And Deceits Of This World/Hidden Truths Revealed!! / Looking For Self Contain In Yaba, Gbagada Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SARS: Nigerians Penchant For Self-deception by Thanos(m): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2020
Another week of protests. Another week of frustration for the common man. Many of us that are not in Lagos might not understand. People were placed in a position where they had to spend additional 4-5 hours in traffic piled up upon the previously existing ungodly Lagos traffic.

“These guys really get time o.”
I thought to myself condescendingly when I saw many of the people protesting.
“They are obviously jobless.”

A co-worker of mine mentioned and I agree. Only a jobless person would leave his source of daily bread to come and be engaging in these wanton acts of public disturbance and tomfoolery. Constituting a public nuisance to the common salaryman who cannot relate to their struggle, but is just trying to make a living to feed and support his family. Or the petty trader carrying her perishable tomatoes from Ijebu ode to Obalenede, to make her almost negligible gain of 3000 nairas so her sons 8 and 5 years old, that have an absentee father can have a chance in this cold, unforgiving world.
I am not a SARS apologist. But I would never partake or support these protests. This continuous blocking of roads and especially the toll gate here in Lagos is not affecting the key stakeholders who are to be held responsible. The key policy and decision-makers, who through a series of outrageously terrible lawmaking, have brought us to this very point. Every political office holder, appointed or elected, who has stood by and partook in the unhindered looting and pillaging of this country’s resources, natural and human alike are not feeling the pains. Me and you. Your fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, uncles and aunts are the ones experiencing the growing pains from this pseudo-revolution (yes, I said pseudo, Nigerians have a bad rep when it comes to seeing things to the end. Eventually, they are going to sell out, just like other movements and protests before them. I hope they make a fool of me and push on to the end). But that statement my co-worker uttered really put things into perspective.

“They are obviously jobless.”
“Obviously”
https://revoluth./2020/10/14/sars-eyes-on-the-ball/

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Bedsheets And Duvet / Advantages Of Successful Romantic Bonds / How To Set A Portable Android Device For Your Kid's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.