Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,438 members, 7,850,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect (820 Views)

Buhari Spoken English, Age And Lack Of Certificate Is Enough To Disqualify Him. / Buhari's Poorly Spoken English With Heavily Accented Fulani Is A Disgrace / Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 07, 2011
Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect

Was just watching an interview with this guy, and I must say he needs to brush up on his diction. Anybody that's aspiring to lead this country must be well spoken, articulate, and linguistically sound.

Ribadu has a lot of work to do to get to that point.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by MaziUche0(m): 4:27am On Mar 07, 2011
You forget we do not have articulate leaders in Nigeria anymore.

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello were clearly articulate in the way they discussed matters.

Ojukwu continues to be an articulate elder.

Nigeria has definitely regressed.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 07, 2011
The poster's English gan is "very suspect". undecided tongue
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 07, 2011
Ileke Idi said:

The poster's English gan is "very suspect"

The hell it is! You need English lessons.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 07, 2011
Mazi Uche said:

You forget we do not have articulate leaders in Nigeria anymore.

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello were clearly articulate in the way they discussed matters.

Ojukwu continues to be an articulate elder.

Nigeria has definitely regressed.

Nigeria has NOT regressed.

Ribadu is not Nigeria!
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 07, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Ileke Idi said:

The hell it is! You need English lessons.

What do you mean by it's "very suspect"?

What's the diff between "very suspect" and "very suspicious"? Oga teacher, mo serious pelu kwesian yen.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 07, 2011
Ileke Idi said:

What do you mean by it's "very suspect"?

What's the diff between "very suspect" and "very suspicious"? Oga teacher, mo serious pelu kwesian yen.

Hmmmm. How does one go about explaining this one?

Sorry, I give up.

But trust me, it's correct English! lol.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by evilspirit: 5:41am On Mar 07, 2011
you must be jobless.you woke up at 4 am only to post that someone's english is suspect.sad you are a product of imperialism.oyinbo na another man language. otondo
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 07, 2011
evilspirit:

you must be jobless.you woke up at 4 am only to post that someone's english is suspect.sad you are a product of imperialism.oyinbo na another man language. otondo

You guys need to let go of the "English is the oyinbo's language" excuse. It has been watered down enough. If you need to rebel against the white man's language, stay in your village where you're educated in your native language and stay away from politics where English is deemed one of the official language. Go and start selling puff puff by the roadside, then no one would attempt to scrutinize your English language.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by evilspirit: 5:50am On Mar 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You guys need to let go of the "English is the oyinbo's language" excuse. It has been watered down enough. If you need to rebel against the white man's language, stay in your village where you're educated in your native language and stay away from politics where English is deemed one of the official language. Go and start selling puff puff by the roadside, then no one would attempt to scrutinize your English language.

ok
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by evilspirit: 5:55am On Mar 07, 2011
@op and ileke backside

you are big fooooools.cant you pple stop judging individuals based on their ability to speak english.is that what will solve naija's problems?.basic essence of language is for communication,as long as one can communicate then shikena.you have been sold into slavery and i pity you.today the most successful new age musician is tuface.you people abuse him.yet many of you mobile English dictionary haven't achieved a tenth of his achievement.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 07, 2011
evilspirit:

@op and ileke backside

you are big fooooools.cant you pple stop judging individuals based on their ability to speak english.is that what will solve naija's problems?.basic essence of language is for communication,as long as one can communicate then shikena.you have been sold into slavery and i pity you.today the most successful new age musician is tuface.you people abuse him.yet many of you moving english dictionary have achieved a tenth of his achievement.

ROTFLMAO! I laff sotey. So why didn't you rebel against this slavery mentality when you were in school ehn? Now after learning from others that you didn't get your money's worth, it now becomes "slavery" mentality.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by evilspirit: 6:07am On Mar 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO! I laff sotey. So why didn't you rebel against this slavery mentality when you were in school ehn? Now after learning from others that you didn't get your money's worth, it now becomes "slavery" mentality.

go to your village and tell them you deserve chieftancy title because your English is impeccable.vote for okotie na sebi he can speak english
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 07, 2011
evilspirit:

go to your village and tell them you deserve chieftancy title because your English is impeccable.vote for okotie na sebi he can speak english

I already earned one last month. If your English was up to par, you'd have been able to read the invitation (for my chieftancy title celebration) I sent out to everyone on NL. So you see why we have to criticize ehn.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by semid4lyfe(m): 7:49am On Mar 07, 2011
Isn't it funny?. . .ileke-idi is a master of the White Man's language but can't speak her native Yoruba very well.

By the way, the OP is right about Ribadu's English.

Jarus posted a thread on it not too long ago
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by solihu(m): 7:53am On Mar 07, 2011
This is one of the reasons why Nigerian police should be here! Imagine, suspects pointing fingers at themselves!

Buahahaha!
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Isn't it funny?. . .ileke-idi is a master of the White Man's language but can't speak her native Yoruba very well.

By the way, the OP is right about Ribadu's English.

Jarus posted a thread on it not too long ago

Of all the insults in the world, this one I will not take.
And you ASSUMED that I can't speak Yoruba very well how? I'm prolly even more fluent than you gan sef.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by nex(m): 8:51am On Mar 07, 2011
@OP

Please what interview were you watching again? Ribadu is a trained lawyer y'know, not just any policeman off the streets.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 07, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect

Was just watching an interview with this guy, and I must say he needs to brush up on his diction. Anybody that's aspiring to lead this country must be well spoken, articulate, and linguistically sound.

Ribadu has a lot of work to do to get to that point.

Am not a fan of Ribadu, but it is really pitiable and annoying at the same time to keep hearing the young generation of Nigeria, keep repeating a colonial bondage on how the ability to succeed is in speaking Impeccable English. What a wasted 50 years of independence! May be Chinese are leading today due to how good there leaders speak English?
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

While we do not need to rebel against the White Man's Language, We also do not need to tie ourselves to it. We only need to use it like the communication tool it is, the way Chinese, Indians and Koreans are using it. It does not define our ability, especially because it is hardly a mother tongue to many of us.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by violent(m): 9:10am On Mar 07, 2011
KenGali:

Am not a fan of Ribadu, but it is really pitiable and annoying at the same time to keep hearing the young generation of Nigeria, keep repeating a colonial bondage on how the ability to succeed is in speaking Impeccable English. What a wasted 50 years of independence! May be Chinese are leading today due to how good there leaders speak English?

I am ready to bet my last penny that you wouldn't tolerate any of your kids speaking Engerissh in the place of English.  If so, why not live by what you preach?
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Sunofgod(m): 9:11am On Mar 07, 2011
He's a little unrefined - a little crude.

However I dont know if there is a link between impecable English and good governance.

IBB spoke good English - But was/is a bloody crook!
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by thetelz(m): 9:38am On Mar 07, 2011
Una no see obasanjo grammar before una elect am? 'america did it,britain did it,so why can't we did it' LMAOOOOO!!!!! In front of 150million nigerians and foreign people o
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2011
violent:

I am ready to bet my last penny that you wouldn't tolerate any of your kids speaking Engerissh in the place of English. If so, why not live by what you preach?

Yeah I won't, but I will not under assess his or her ability to succeed in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry just because of wrongly spelling an english word- When our day to day medium of communication is our mother tongue.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Sunofgod(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2011
I dont think he was able to attend nursery school - instead he entered straight into primary school.

All he has to do is go back and complete his nursery school education - then he should be fine cheesy
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2011
This man needs to know how to communicate effectively. Sometimes during a conversation he seems almost lost at sea. Could be his problems with the language.
Re: Ribadu's Spoken English Is Very Suspect by semid4lyfe(m): 7:59am On Mar 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Of all the insults in the world, this one I will not take.
And you ASSUMED that I can't speak Yoruba very well how? I'm prolly even more fluent than you gan sef.

Hmmm, sorry. . .I meant to say you don't understand Yoruba as well as you understand English

Evidence abound on this forum so nor let me peel your yansh o tongue cool

(1) (Reply)

What Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo People Think About Each Other. Video / Daily Collection Of Ileke Idi's (and other Yorubas) Attacks On Igbo / Sai Shekerau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.