Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure (5272 Views)

End In Sight For ASUU Strike As Govt, Union Agree On Seven Areas / ASUU Gives Least Acceptable Conditions To End Strike / ASUU Gives FG 6 New Conditions To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by TheGistDay: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU) may soon end its eight-months strike, after President Muhammadu Buhari and his cabinet resolved to consider the adoption of the University Transparency Account System (UTAS).

Newsrand understands that UTAS is an alternative to the Integrated Payroll Personnel Information System (IPPIS), which the union kicked against as an emoluments payments platform.

Following a two-hour closed-door meeting, which involved the Senate leadership, the Federal Government and ASUU leadership, Chris Ngige, the Minister of Labour, Productivity and Employment, stated that the alternative platform presented by ASUU is homegrown and worth given thorough assessment test.

Read Story: https://newsrand.com/2020/10/14/ASUU-to-end-strike-as-buhari-bows-to-pressure/

1 Like

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by THeCvExpert: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by slivertongue: 11:41am On Oct 14, 2020
ASUU are scammers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by paulolee(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2020
DTS expected from a president DT knows the value of education
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Angelnath(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
paulolee:
DTS expected from a president DT knows the value of education
A President that knows the value of education and the apex educational institute in his corn3 spent almost 8 Month on strike.
just kwatinue SSA To neBUHARInezar

7 Likes

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Bimpe29: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
It is better the strike is ended.
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Pusyiter(m): 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2020
Both the presidency and ASUU have gone political with the future of the young generation of youths.
The protest is an offshoot of idleness due to school closure even when the message remains an expression of our collective conscience.
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by JimmyDarmody: 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2020
Pusyiter:
Both the presidency and ASUU have gone political with the future of the young generation of youths.
The protest is an offshoot of idleness due to school closure even when the message remains an expression of our collective conscience.
Conscience? Those are dead. We are no longer domestic humans but wild ones. We live in a jungle now. Nigeriat
needs to be reset and restarted.
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by DeusMagnus: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2020
Once ASUU ends strike, it will affect the numbers coming out for #EndSars protest.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Yahksbiz(m): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
I won't resume endsar
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by BrainRider: 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
I pray ASUU call off the strike.
Foolish students supporting ASUU would then know why ASUU went on strike in the first place.
Them just dey use student welfare as smokescreen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by TecM0: 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2020
See chessboard move

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Adonis86(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
In my country, employees dictate to employers how they want to be paid.
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Adonis86(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2020
If I'm the President, I'll rather declare the jobs of the striking lecturers vacant and advertise for fresh recruitment to replace them. I know there are a lot of lecturers in states and private universities that would take the advantage.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Vexedkid(m): 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2020
Well took them long enough, I hope this is true and an agreement is reached swiftly without further ado.
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Eazie351(m): 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
awọn werey no wan sọ̀rọ̀ s'ókè before
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 15, 2020
Angelnath:

A President that knows the value of education and the apex educational institute in his corn3 spent almost 8 Month on strike.
just kwatinue SSA To neBUHARInezar

Do those 8 months you’re counting include the Covid19 induced closure of schools? Where’s your heart young man?
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by seunlayi(m): 5:53am On Oct 15, 2020
Adonis86:
If I'm the President, I'll rather declare the jobs of the striking lecturers vacant and advertise for fresh recruitment to replace them. I know there are a lot of lecturers in states and private universities that would take the advantage.
tried by part military leaders but failed. It won't work
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Olamotad: 8:10am On Oct 15, 2020
I saw this coming. the govt. know that a lots of Nigeria youths are involved in the protest. they calculated if ASUU strike is called off the youths will resume back to school to paralyz the protest in number. APC is not sincere honestly. they are playing on Nigerians intelligence

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Angelnath(m): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2020
iLUCID:

Do those 8 months you’re counting include the Covid19 induced closure of schools? Where’s your heart young man?
covid19 Induced closure or not it still stand as a non-chalant attitude towards education. And if it is RUGA now or rehabilitation of ex-bokoharam members it will be approved by the FG the 2nd day.
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 15, 2020
Angelnath:

covid19 Induced closure or not it still stand as a non-chalant attitude towards education. And if it is RUGA now or rehabilitation of ex-bokoharam members it will be approved by the FG the 2nd day.

Between January and today FG and ASUU have had over 30 meetings, how’s that nonchalance?
ASUU just being head-strong. Whichever way, there’s light in sight.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Angelnath(m): 8:40am On Oct 15, 2020
iLUCID:

Between January and today FG and ASUU have had over 30 meetings, how’s that nonchalance?
ASUU just being head-strong. Whichever way, there’s light in sight.
ASUU is head-strong because they know their worth and they wont take a ridiculous system of pay from the fg. Imagine a prof lecturing in 3 Unis being paid the salary of one. O wrong nao
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2020
Angelnath:

ASUU is head-strong because they know their worth and they wont take a ridiculous system of pay from the fg. Imagine a prof lecturing in 3 Unis being paid the salary of one. O wrong nao

Are they meant to be lecturing in more than one?

That’s part of the problem, they enroll in multiple universities and get paid by all , that’s the malpractice FG tried to solve with IPPIS. Like I said earlier, everyone just wants an end to this impasse

1 Like

Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by gotnel: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2020
ASUU and federal government should please get some compromise on this issue.
Government should give something and ASUU should also concede something on their demands .
It's totally a systematic process of killing our knowledge base by allowing this issue to continue with the students out of schools.
Re: ASUU To End Strike As Buhari Bows To Pressure by Holyprophet121(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2020
[This is a nonesense move Buhari shouldn't bow to pressure this ASUU people are thieves

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teachers Reveal The Decaying Corona Schools’ In Lagos…says Going To Rot / When Your Project Supervisor Gives You Corrected Copy Of Your Project(funny Pic) / LASU Admission List For Second Batch 2012/2013 Is Out: Check Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.