Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter (612 Views)

Don’t Mislead Nigerians, You Did Not Win – Tinubu Fires Back At Peter Obi / Reduce The Number Of Nigerians You Give Visa, FG Begs EU / 10 Types Of Nigerians You Will See On Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2020
I decide to open this tthread against the popular opinion that nigerians are bad people, and I can say "there's bad sheep in every community", as there are bad people here are also some good ones .

Feel free to share your experience with good Nigerians you have encounter with!

Suen lalasticlala Mynd44
Front page
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2020
If you have ever thrown a biscuit or sachet water pack out of the window while your vehicle was moving or you dropped them on the road as a pedestrian then you are a bad Nigerian.
Littering a road blocks the drainage system in the long run and can cause flooding which may result in the destruction of real estates or even fatalities. If you did that in Tokyo , Japan or Oslo , Norway, a 10 year old child would think you are a bad person because that child has most likely not seen such nuisance before.(I pronounced Sachet as "Sashei"wink.

If you have ever reserved a comfortable seat for your friend in class and this action caused another student who came earlier to sit at an uncomfortable position in class then you are a bad Nigerian. A very nepotistic one. Nowhere in the world apart from Africa would such behavior be welcomed. Please don't blame your President or Governor, they started reserving seats for less qualified People until they got to a position where they could reserve jobs.

Wait! You expected me to narrate how an online trader sent an inferior product after I paid for a standard one? That's bad as well but it started when you "priced" that vegetable that poor woman sold to make sure she makes the lowest possible profit even though you had bundles of naira notes in your handbag. You paid less for a superior healthy vegetable healthier than the junks you pay regulated prices for at malls. You cheated the illiterate woman so you are a bad Nigerian as well.

My point is that even most of us who claim to be good Nigerians would find it difficult to be good citizens in decent countries with same behavior.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by sociologymajor: 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
H
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Vexaf: 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
Some people just pay for my transport because they sat beside me. Without knowing me or asking them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Mood11: 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
The day I was knocked down by a car, total strangers came to help me.
The part that broke me is one woman with twins who sat behind me on a bike and took me to the hospital she was there till my aunt came..
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2020
Mods angry
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by dlaw70(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2020
I am almost 32 and have never met any good Nigerian.
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
dlaw70:

Thats not true! angry

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by dlaw70(m): 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
Kenny242:

Thats not true! angry
see me see bizy body o. Are u me ? is me you ? Speak for yourself .

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by romenna: 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
Countless experiences during NYSC.
But as soon as I remove d kaki na back to reality of dog eat dog.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by helinues: 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
The good Nigerians are so few compared to bad Nigerians

Based from my experience, foreigners have treated me better than Nigerians.
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Fahdiga(m): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
One day during my NYSC days. I boarded a Night bus from Onitsha to Calabar where I was serving. on getting to the park where I was to board another vehicle that will take me to my final destination, it was already late in the night and there was no bus going to my destination. I was stranded. One of my Co passengers from the bus that brought us to Calabar on seeing the NYSC cap I was adorning asked me where I was heading to and I told him. seeing that there was no bus going my way he asked me to follow him to his house because his house was trek able from the park. I was afraid but I have no option. on getting to his house there was other two guys there. this heightened my fear, they asked me to make use of their big mattress while they sleep on the rug. I refused but instead told them that I will sleep on the rug. I lied down but couldn't sleep. imagine you sleeping in the midst of strangers. after saying a short prayer I didn't know when I slept off. the following morning they were the ones that waked me up. I took my bath and thanked them immensely and left to my PPA.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
sadmods
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
ethicallyright:
If you have ever thrown a biscuit or sachet water pack out of the window while your vehicle was moving or you dropped them on the road as a pedestrian then you are a bad Nigerian.
Littering a road blocks the drainage system in the long run and can cause flooding which may result in the destruction of real estates or even fatalities. If you did that in Tokyo , Japan or Oslo , Norway, a 10 year old child would think you are a bad person because that child has most likely not seen such nuisance before.(I pronounced Sachet as "Sashei"wink.

If you have ever reserved a comfortable seat for your friend in class and this action caused another student who came earlier to sit at an uncomfortable position in class then you are a bad Nigerian. A very nepotistic one. Nowhere in the world apart from Africa would such behavior be welcomed. Please don't blame your President or Governor, they started reserving seats for less qualified People until they got to a position where they could reserve jobs.

Wait! You expected me to narrate how an online trader sent an inferior product after I paid for a standard one? That's bad as well but it started when you "priced" that vegetable that poor woman sold to make sure she makes the lowest possible profit even though you had bundles of naira notes in your handbag. You paid less for a superior healthy vegetable healthier than the junks you pay regulated prices for at malls. You cheated the illiterate woman so you are a bad Nigerian as well.

My point is that even most of us who claim to be good Nigerians would find it difficult to be good citizens in decent countries with same behavior.
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Exmilitant(m): 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
I was released from the police cell without paying a dime.. The IPO was a sympathetic man, a rare kind. Though i did save his life when we came back to burn down the police station.
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2020
sad Mods
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Hopss(m): 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
Well, mine was during my nysc,na so I carry myself leave Ohio around five thinking I will get to onitcha b4 7pm not knowing that there was cultural festival in owerri .as na so road block ooo, I would have jejely gone bk but no woman wey I wan see for Benin no let me think straight.cut long story short,got to Benin (new Benin to be precise by 1am). No bus n,na so one good Samaritan come with him cab come give me free ride to ekosodine junction, without collecting one naria. He even wanted to drop me in ekosodine but was too scared because of Bros them .

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 11:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Lala
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by LivingSage: 11:37am On Oct 31, 2020
dlaw70:
The. you're not good yourself

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
Here to read
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Juliusmomoh: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
Goodluck jonathan..
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Morningstarrr(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Most good Nigerians I have encountered are police officers. Especially Mopol, from Lagos to Onitsha to Delta to Abuja. They’ve been very helpful.
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Kenny242(m): 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lalasticlala angry
Re: Share Your Experience With Good Nigerians You Have Encounter by Amos1423(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
I have had diverse experiences with Nigerians but I haven't had that which I turn out to be the entire beneficiary, it's always mutual.

If I am permitted to interchange the topic to my experiences with the bad one, it's a cup full of experiences but since the call wasn't for that lemme keep space for the elders.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Naira Marley?? / Why Do Nigerian Security Forces Shoot Peaceful Protesters But Ignore Arsonists? / Gov Wike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.