Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin (721 Views)

AirAsiaQZ8501:flight Attendant Final Heartbreaking Note:i Love You From 38,000ft / 12 Surprising Things A Flight Attendant Can't Do For You (So Stop Asking) / 17 Things Your Flight Attendant Won’t Tell You (but You Ought To Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin by ngodus: 9:04am On Mar 07, 2011
Re: Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin by folir(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2011
Although not the smartest choice, I cant help but feel that the story is not exactly how the woman is telling it, and is trying to milk the situation! Firstly, no alarms when the attendant even touches your son? and you wait 10 seconds before complaining?
Re: Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin by eghost247(m): 9:53am On Mar 07, 2011
Wow if truly any flight attendant did that that person is crazy or has totally lost it
Re: Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 07, 2011
I personally find it hard to believe this happened. Something's not quite right here.
Re: Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin by tigerpaws(f): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2011
A male flight attendant has been sacked after putting a toddler in an overhead locker - and then closing the hatch.
The incident happened mid-air on a Virgin Blue flight from Fiji to Sydney. Natalie Williamson claims the staff member picked up her 17-month-old son Rile and then placed him in the enclosed space.
Virgin admits an incident did take place, but claims Ms Williamson's now estranged husband Shayne was playing a peek-a-boo game with the child that involved the overhead locker when the flight attendant joined in.

Ms Williamson told Australia's Sunday Herald Sun newspaper: 'I stood up and there were people laughing and then I said: "Get my son out of there, now".
'I was devastated. I was absolutely devastated. I was crying. My husband was in shock. For days on end I was crying.'
She claims Riley was shut in the locker for up to 10 seconds in complete darkness.
Ms Williamson added: 'The manager on board came up to me later and said: "I need you to complain, I need you to do something. Write or ring. Do whatever you can." '
Riley, now 20 months old, is suffering from anxiety and withdrawal, says his mother.
She said: 'He won't leave my sight now. He sleeps with me. If I'm not in the same room as him, he will scream and yell "Mum, mum, mum".'
A Virgin spokesman said a 'thorough investigation' was carried out and a staff member was sacked.
He added: 'The safety of our guests is our top priority and we do not tolerate any breaches of this kind.'
The airline has also offered Ms Williamson free flights but she says she is 'too shaken' to accept them.
Re: Virgin Blue Flight Attendant Sticks 17-month Old In Overhead Bin by tigerpaws(f): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
Less than 10 seconds and the baby is traumatised after 3 months?

compensation! Compensation!! Compensation lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian From Austria Or University In Austria / Tourism 4 Students / High-risk Visitors Including Nigeria To Pay £3,000 Cash Bond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.