Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment (21932 Views)

Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters / PDP Governors Declare New Police Act Unconstitutional / Buhari To Summon Minister, IGP Over Constable Recruitment Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Mysticwebb: 7:27am On Oct 15, 2020
hhhooohhhoooorrr! Femi, you see. I told you to calm down, police no be work, na thief thief them dey do there, you no hear. Now oga John don chop your money clean mouth. Soon they will dismiss all of una. I pity those wey don dey prepare on how to begin arrest people anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 15, 2020
Knordigne:
New Nigeria incoming
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by classicfrank4u(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2020
Everyone is Hitting the IGP left right and centre grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Alabo01: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2020
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Dayoebe(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2020
after all the hustle and bustle in registration and training
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by dalass(f): 7:33am On Oct 15, 2020
grin

It will still get to the Supreme court for the final verdict...

Then we can rejoice that the lopsided recruitments are null and void grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by charlesucheh(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2020
israelmao:
Where would those who already thought that they were now employed go from here?That is one of the throes of a rotten system.
If they genuinely deserve the job in the first place, they will reapply and get it again...

simple!
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by eburuu: 7:43am On Oct 15, 2020
The most happyst citizen in 9ja for now yhoo boys
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
Buhari is an illiterate reason he keeps embarrassing the Nigerian State. You can’t give what you don’t have!

Buhari is a disgrace
clab hand 4 ur self 4 bn d best useless human on d eath for decade
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 15, 2020
They should amend the constitution then.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by ChikezieU(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2020
israelmao:
Where would those who already thought that they were now employed go from here?That is one of the throes of a rotten system.
they were never meant to be there, most of them payed or sorted their way there. How possible is it that they would stand for what is right or that they would not think of how to extort the citizens only
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 15, 2020
MIGHTYMAN82:
clab hand 4 ur self 4 bn d best useless human on d eath for decade
Say whatever justifies your 30k stipend

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Chommybaby(f): 8:32am On Oct 15, 2020
Gbas Gbos
cool
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Artzdanielsz(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2020
IGP should die the case and and stop embarrassing the police force.

Nairaland owner no dey send people happy birthday message.

Nairaland Users today is my birthday, please wish me happy birthday and any one that want to show me love this my Aza 0077272587 Access bank
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by DaFuhrer(m): 8:40am On Oct 15, 2020
can someone please summarize what is written up there?

Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by DAVE5(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2020
sylve11:
obobs... sad shocked cool

So you sef dey use that word

Obobs

I think say nah me invent am cos I never hear am for anybody mouth
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by slivertongue: 9:23am On Oct 15, 2020
the judge further declared that “ no Act of the National Assembly or law can take away or curtail such power, even if the Nigeria Police carried out the disputed enlistment pursuant to a directive or approval of the President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd .) , the enlistment would remain contrary to the constitution and therefore , unconstitutional and void . Such a directive cannot repair its unconstitutionality and illegality . ”
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by sylve11: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2020
DAVE5:

So you sef dey use that word

Obobs

I think say nah me invent am cos I never hear am for anybody mouth

word wey we don use tire for Warri for 9 now? shocked cool
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by DAVE5(m): 10:12am On Oct 15, 2020
sylve11:

word wey we don use tire for Warri for 9 now? shocked cool

No mind me, you know say sometimes e go be like say nah only U sabi something
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Guyman02: 10:23am On Oct 15, 2020
Knordigne:
Visit the website on my signature if you bet on football games.
Blog removed
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by loramoore: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2020
this is so awful
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by loramoore: 10:59am On Oct 15, 2020
if this is truly going to happen, someone should tell me, y won't the rate of hand robbery keeps increasing in this country, where would those constables start from.... this is bullshit
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Adexxx39: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2020
Yes NPF must be reform and good salary should be given to them. If they are now decided to engage in brutality again. Police authority should sanctions them.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
just trying to shatter people's future
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Gidangyarah: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
How we need Judges who are fearless and can interpret the Constitution without looking at who is involved.
Our leaders will now begin to sit-up and do things the right way.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by guychidile: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2020
Okay
Re: Appeal Court Declares Police Act 2020 Illegal, Nullifies Constable Recruitment by Gbadebo19(m): 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
Mods, The Heading Of This Post Is Misleading. The Content And Judgement State That Some Sections Of The Police Act Are Null And Void And Not That The Whole Act Is Illegal. Kindly Do The Needful. Cc: Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ / Peter Obi Hails Tinubu For Adopting Oronsanye Report / Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.