Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

What To Do If The Government Block Internet Access - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What To Do If The Government Block Internet Access (461 Views)

How I Survive As A Freelance Using A Coworking Space With Free Internet Access / BBS Technology For Places Without Internet Access / How To Block Internet Connection For Coreldraw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If The Government Block Internet Access by silento(m): 6:12am On Oct 15, 2020
First if the government decide to block the internet service

You can't browse Facebook or any website

Whatsapp and etc will not work

Your phone pc and etc can't update , mobile banking apps and forex meta software will all stop working

Now because chatting and communication has been part of our daily route

I have tried many offline apps and I can tell you most are good and some are not

Like bridgefy is good but had to configure and doesnt work on old phones

Talkie works on all phone but only support wifi mode

And super easy just install and use

And works for both ios and Android

So I think talkie is more suitable to serve us since wifi signal can be extended to more than 200 meters which is the max for Bluetooth
Re: What To Do If The Government Block Internet Access by Calazoto: 6:33am On Oct 15, 2020
I can never be shut down of internet, I will use VPN
Re: What To Do If The Government Block Internet Access by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 15, 2020
Calazoto:
I can never be shut down of internet, I will use VPN
VPN won't work brother, VPNs use internet they don't perform voodoo.
Re: What To Do If The Government Block Internet Access by silento(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2020
SegFault:

VPN won't work brother, VPNs use internet they don't perform voodoo.

Tell them since morning na this dumb shit I dey hear
Re: What To Do If The Government Block Internet Access by EvilSec: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2020
A government's ability to control the Internet depends on its control of ISPs, the private sector companies that grant Internet access to customers. ISPs like MTN, Glo, etc have direct control of the Internet, so the ability of the government doing anything funny depends on the control they have over those ISPs.
Let's be realistic. There may be ways of disrupting ISP services but at terrible costs. ***Laughs in market crashes***- tamper with connectivity that interrupts ecommerce and business communications. Our internet is interconnected with our phone, and other utilities carried on same poles and so complicated that I don’t think the government could do widespread shut downs without causing power outages, loss of water services and more.

P.S. Just added a satellite broadband to my cart in case we want to try rough play grin

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Are You An Ionic Developer? / I Need Someone Who Knows How To Integrate Paystack And Flutterwave / Where To Study Programming In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.