Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. (1311 Views)

About Golf 4 Putting Golf 3 Engine In It / Alfa Romeo Mockingly Praised Mercedes-benz, BMW And Audi In These Funny Ads / Ladies: Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi Or Ford Mustang? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:03am On Oct 15, 2020
Most of you often quickly jump into conclusions that golf 4 is electrical nightmare,

1. most people who sees golf as electrical nightmare have little or no knowledge about German cars electrical electronics system.

2. Car owners that complained that this cars are troublesome have a very legitimate poor maintenance habits.

3. Most mechanics who find this car troublesome are lunatics who knows nothing a computer, car engine management sensors and how there work together

4. Mechanics who prefer toyota cars to vw are not fit to be called a mechanic

The European idea of mechanic is not a butcher or lunatic but enthusiast sharp brains creative and psychologically inclined personalities,

Ofcourse most of our mechanics are good psychologists but they lacks lot of information stream that makes this hectic job a lot easy to deal with..

And if they know this, the last thing they will need is a peanut payment to do a job..

In a nutshell if you find any mechanic who fixes these hot head European cars, listed above in Nigeria, when i talk about mechanics i mean 80% percent of the work on these cars.. such as computer diagnostics, Ac, electrical & electronics , bodywork, and mechanical.. you need to respect him him cos it's not easy.. ofcourse I know some that knows like 60% it's impressive..

Japanese cars are simple engineering for bush brain mechanics... Car for average people that's why 80% Nigerian will be named after Toyota ...........

3 Likes

Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by chatinent: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2020
Cool info.
Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by kelechi50: 9:32am On Oct 15, 2020
@Op please can you recommend one or two of them that are good at Opel zafira 2008 model
Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2020
kelechi50:
@Op please can you recommend one or two of them that are good at Opel zafira 2008 model
I have not come across any unfortunately but it all depends most German cars are more electrical sensors issues not mechanical so I am positive the issue with your zafira bus is electrical related.. I have Deal with one before..
Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by dgitrader(m): 10:58am On Oct 27, 2020
I am in my forth European Car(2001 0pel Astra). They are great great cars if well mentained, but that does not change the fact that Asian brands give you better cost of running and aultimately higher peace of mind. A typical Naija auto technician is about 15 years behind in diagnosis and hardware, non Asian cars in thier hands is a greater disadvantage, especially with electronic components. Japanese brands are kings here, let's kiss the truth.

1 Like

Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by iliyande(m): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
dgitrader:
I am in my forth European Car(2001 0pel Astra). They are great great cars if well mentained, but that does not change the fact that Asian brands give you better cost of running and aultimately higher peace of mind. A typical Naija auto technician is about 15 years behind in diagnosis and hardware, non Asian cars in thier hands is a greater disadvantage, especially with electronic components. Japanese brands are kings here, let's kiss the truth.

This is my fourth European car here too
(opel Signum 05)
Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by walkbylight(m): 12:00am On Nov 17, 2020
well side sir.
mrcoolautofix:
Most of you often quickly jump into conclusions that golf 4 is electrical nightmare,

1. most people who sees golf as electrical nightmare have little or no knowledge about German cars electrical electronics system.

2. Car owners that complained that this cars are troublesome have a very legitimate poor maintenance habits.

3. Most mechanics who find this car troublesome are lunatics who knows nothing a computer, car engine management sensors and how there work together

4. Mechanics who prefer toyota cars to vw are not fit to be called a mechanic

The European idea of mechanic is not a butcher or lunatic but enthusiast sharp brains creative and psychologically inclined personalities,

Ofcourse most of our mechanics are good psychologists but they lacks lot of information stream that makes this hectic job a lot easy to deal with..

And if they know this, the last thing they will need is a peanut payment to do a job..

In a nutshell if you find any mechanic who fixes these hot head European cars, listed above in Nigeria, when i talk about mechanics i mean 80% percent of the work on these cars.. such as computer diagnostics, Ac, electrical & electronics , bodywork, and mechanical.. you need to respect him him cos it's not easy.. ofcourse I know some that knows like 60% it's impressive..

Japanese cars are simple engineering for bush brain mechanics... Car for average people that's why 80% Nigerian will be named after Toyota
Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by Durchmann(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
iliyande:

This is my fourth European car here too
(opel Signum 05)

So how do you maintain yours?
You have a reliable mechanic on call?
Re: Things You Don't Know About Golf 4, Volks, Benz, Bmw, Opel, Ford, Audi & Volvo. by iliyande(m): 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Durchmann:

So how do you maintain yours?
You have a reliable mechanic on call?

Yea, mechanics are very much available here in Abuja... And parts are cheaper too

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Toyota SUV ? [PHOTOS] / . / Why Use Steam To Clean Your Car Interior And Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.