Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

The Unseen Truth About #endsars Protests - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Unseen Truth About #endsars Protests (407 Views)

Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike / NECO Reschedules Exams Over #EndSARS Protests / Mastering The Unseen Prose/poetry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unseen Truth About #endsars Protests by sonofspada(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2020
Hello all Nairalanders, both home and overseas.

I come in blatant peace!.

Straight to the matter, No time.

Disclaimer:
This expose' / write up is a personal observation/ opinion and not necessarily the conclusion of every Nigerian both home and abroad.

That being said, I would propose that comments are not entirely needed if they are not superior to refute or support this writeup.

Please as a Nairalander that jumps into comments because you have a phone and N1500 data, I appeal you either make sense here or pretend u didn't view this topic rather than exhibit your impulsive E-rat radicality.

[b][/b]About me the OP
[/i] I bear the same pain, complaint, frustrations of an average Nigerian youth.
I am not in Nigeria, I work abroad, I earn moderately and not in anyway affected by the shenanigans of the Nigerian system as obtained in the country today. But I chose to voice out on this platform and hope this article can reach the far ends to produce enlightenment of Nigerian youths.!

#Endsars #Endpolicebrutality
These 2 hash tags have been on every social media platforms or outfits for over 3weeks now and counting, both international and local headlines have had a full cap (s) and recaps of these hash tags its untrue.

Infact the height these two hash tags have attained, in the history of Nigeria these no hash tags of these nature have attained this publicity and show of anger and resilience through protests in Nigeria.!

[b][/b]Follow me, I'm heading somewhere with this.

In the past, in our daily lives most or if not all of us have either encountered the men of "Special anti robbery squad" #SARS, we as Nigerians either by physical experience, or through stories or viral sensational videos on the internet see what #SARS do on daily basis with their applaudable heroism overshadowed by their short comings, brutal radicality and show of unprofessionalism.

The body counts of theses men of "special anti robbery squad " #SARS is over 1000 victims when counting both recorded and unrecoreded events, I mean extra judicial killings . ( please note this statistics is not accurate as it counts can be attributed from 2014 when #SARS was formed).

Did you know that the system/foundation in which this para-military outfit was designed or propagated allowed operatives to get away with incessant murders, unprofessional conducts/misconducts as seen today.

Even though one or two officials have been tried in court due to near jungle justice execution of angry and raging Nigerians who witnessed extra judicial supremacy of these officials and decided to follow these matters to the latter which ended in court hearings but in most cases undecided court judgments.

[b][/b]Ask yourself.
1."why are these protests going on with such fuss by both ordinary people and celebrities"?
2."why are these protests still on full pressure despite the disbanment of #SARS?
3."why are the % ratio of these protesters mostly if not totally youths of age ranging from 15-50yrs old?
4."why is the government of the day threatening protesters exercising the right of any civilized and democratic citizen?
5." Finally, "why are Nigerians not tired of coming out to protest once there's an organised reassemble"?

[b][/b]Answers :
1. Nigerians both notable and ordinary people have seen and experienced #SARS and #POLICEBRUTALITY for so long, nobody could vent a desired measure of anger that comes with desired satisfaction on this para-military outfit, nobody could do their mind in essence, only watch with utter anger, resentment and condemnation and them it fades away as other experiences. So the protest have continued because, results of accumulated anger, results of unsettled/unresolved justice are manifesting and the masses are seeing the government is bowing to these relentless protests, hence everyone is doing what they can to encourage the protest.

[b][/b]Answer 2.
2. This particular answer, covers my reason / conviction and rationale behind this "essay" so to say.
These protests appear or disguise to be on full pressure for a few reasons:
a: Nigerians are tired of how they have been conditioned to live, i.e government and government officials cannot be held accountable for their actions, we only hear "they looted", "he looted", "she looted" billions of $, €, £ and nobody goes to jail for it, monies ment to create jobs, better health care systems, roads that cause deaths daily etc, these government people pocket it, send them a[i]
cheesy :Dbroad for themselves and walk freely and are worshipped by the poor.

[b][/b]b. Nigerians are tired of unemployment, poverty, fuel price hike, food price hike, shelter rent hike basically standard of living hike and rather than make all these fraustrations known outrightly through placards and billboards, they the protesters continue to riot even and though the supposed ending of #SARS.

[b][/b]c. Nigerians gain an unspoken, awkward and subconscious sort of satisfaction from these protests, yes, (READ THAT AGAIN) these satisfaction is unique, because it is the only time most of the government officials agree with them the protesters, it is the only time they the notable protesters will not be hunted down or intimidated by the DEPARTMENT OF STATE SERVICE (DSS).
To be continued....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unseen Truth About #endsars Protests by chatinent: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2020
Cool even if I didn't read. I just like the italics.

1 Like

Re: The Unseen Truth About #endsars Protests by sonofspada(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2020
chatinent:
Cool even if I didn't read. I just like the italics.
There's a discipline that comes with reading.

1 Like

Re: The Unseen Truth About #endsars Protests by WhizdomXX(m): 1:29am On Oct 16, 2020
Nice one. I must admit, you really tried in your analysis especially for someone living Abroad. Keep making Nigeria proud wherever you're!
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN. GOD BLESS US

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Neco Releases Ssce Results / WAEC Extends Deadline For Registration For 2021 WAEC GCE Examination / Writing Gigs Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.