Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 (678 Views)

Burial Of Seyi Makinde's Mother, Abigail Makinde (Photos, Video) / Abigail Makinde Is Dead: Governor Seyi Makinde's Mother Dies. Olubadan Mourns / Yahaya Bello Is 44, His Mother Dies At 101 — Did She Have Him At 57? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by LiveTimesNG: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2020
BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's mother dies at age of 80

The mother of Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde, Madam Abigail Omojolagbe Makinde has died at age of 80 years.

Just like mother of his predecessor, Late Governor Abiola Ajimobi also lost his mum, Madam Sikirat Abeje Ajimobi on July 19, 2012, less than two years after assuming office as governor.

Although, there is no official statement from governor’s family yet but it was learnt that Mrs. Makinde, who celebrated 80 early this year, was said to have died in the early hours of Thursday.

Recalled that Gov. Makinde had described his late mother as a disciplinarian, straightforward and blunt woman, who says things the way they are, Makinde noted that he took a little bit of his mother’s virtues.

He said, “Actually, while growing up, when I saw other kids being given Christmas presents and I went to my mother to request for mine, she would tell me if I did not receive such presents yesterday, definitely I didn’t deserve them today. So, she is blunt to a fault. She says things the way they are and I think I took a little bit of that. We planned big for this birthday, but mama did not let us have it the way we have planned for it. When I asked her why, she replied that when my father turned 75, we had a big birthday event for him and he died one year after. So, I think Mama is not ready to die.”

He continued, “At 80, my mother is actually not growing old but only getting matured. I pray that she will have many more fruitful years on the surface of the earth. On behalf of the family of late Pa Olatunbosun Makinde and the Omorege family from Benin and Akure, I thank all of you and pray that you won’t be found wanting on the day of your celebration. Divine blessings, which are from the Lord, will locate us all in Jesus’ name”.

Read details in link below...

https://livetimesng.com/breaking-gov-makindes-mother-dies-at-age-of-80/

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by Xscape1993(m): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Take heart my G.S.M. God knows the best for us all.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by slivertongue: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2020
take dear gsm
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by majamajic(m): 10:29am On Oct 15, 2020
She don try , 80 is not easy
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by thorpido(m): 10:33am On Oct 15, 2020
May she RIP.Na big party be dis one.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by heendrix(m): 10:34am On Oct 15, 2020
RIP
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2020
Ok.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by Fortune118005(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2020
She has eaten the good fruit of her labour.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by Johnnyessence(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2020
may the soul of Mama rest in the bosom of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2020
RIP mama gold
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by protests: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2020
Oh Lord, send Angels to keep your children today.
They have sent thugs today in buses and scores of bikes to attack us
We rally not for hate, but to deliver our brothers and sisters.
Therefore let all the souls of compatriots departed, rest not, but fight today.
Arise oh departed. Don't sleep.
Fight SanwoOlu's govt and his backers.
Fight Buhari's govt and his backers.
Let your blood come alive.
Amen.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by Fahdiga(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2020
If you have not lost your mother you won't understand how painful it is. rest on ma
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by Yahksbiz(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
rip
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by seunlayi(m): 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
May she rest in peace
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by aderinsola75355: 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2020
May she rest in peace
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 by prince2pac(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2020
cool

RIP to her

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: I Won't Sign Off 2021 Budget Without Compensation For #ENDSARS Victims / - / Freezing Of #endsars Protesters Accounts: Access Bank Release Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.