Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President (4427 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President by FisifunKododada: 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
Daum:
No worry rest.I give up You just dy find talk.

My guy you quick vex o! You for give am Ayo and Tokunbo meaning for Edo now? cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President by YungMillionaire: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
FisifunKododada:
My guy you quick vex o! You for give am Ayo and Tokunbo meaning for Edo now? cheesy cheesy

No mind am. He won't explain how Edo people bear Yoruba names. But wants me to explain how Itshekiris bear Edo names. Its a silly game. I am unwilling to play. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President by FisifunKododada: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
YungMillionaire:
No mind am. He won't explain how Edo people bear Yoruba names. But wants me to explain how Itshekiris bear Edo names. Its a silly game. I am unwilling to play. cheesy

Its a common game on Nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President by geosegun(m): 9:09am On Aug 23, 2021
YungMillionaire:

We are Yorubas by lineage - simple and straight forward. Mostly Ijebu. Our connection with Bini is entirely due to the connection between Yoruba and Bini. And this Bini connection is mostly cultural not genetic. Less than 50 years ago, there were still old Itshekiri people who talk about visiting grandparents in Lagos and Ogun state.

Now, does an average Itshekiri have more in common with Urhobos than Yorubas in the SW? Yes. Cultural, inter-marriage rates etc. But that is not the issue at hand. The question is where did we originate from? We originate 100% from Yoruba people.

The talk of mixture is silly. The key is the original Itshekiri stock that gave birth to who we are today today - is a Yoruba stock. Even the name ITSHEKIRI is 100% Yoruba. We are from Ijebu land - a wa ni awon to wa ise kiri.

The reason why some Itshekiris don't speak up (soro soke) is because of the politics of Delta. They think the Ijaws/Urhobos will use it against us and our rightful claim in Niger Delta. Same thing happening to the Olukumis in Anioma - hiding their 100% Yoruba lineage to avoid been marginalization by the majority Igbo.

Wa o, this is very revealing. Most especially the reason the itsekiri, Anioma, and Olukunmis don't speak out. I respect the way they still speak their languages and retain their culture even after being sandwiched between different languages and cultures. This is actually typical of Yorubas in general.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Really Need So Much To Help Your NEIGHBOUR? / Holi-yoruba Tattoos (not Safe For Work) / As Prof Okolo, V C University Of Nigeria, Nsukka, Gives Out Daughter In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.