Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

International Blue Shield Reacts To Looted Nigerian Artefacts Sold By Christies - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / International Blue Shield Reacts To Looted Nigerian Artefacts Sold By Christies (341 Views)

Christie Sells Nigerian Statues Of Igbo Deities That Were Looted / Mark Walker To Return Looted Items From Benin City / He Was Carrying Abominable Objects - Oba Of Benin Reacts To Chief's Humiliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Blue Shield Reacts To Looted Nigerian Artefacts Sold By Christies by Ohizman73(m): 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
This issue earlier came up in an earlier tread on Nairaland ( https://www.nairaland.com/5959807/christie-sells-nigerian-statues-igbo) concerning the illegal sale by Christies Auction House UK of Nigerian artifacts of Igbo origin looted during the Nigerian Civil War .In this regard on behalf of concerned professionals in the field of Cultural Emergency Response in Nigeria. I had brought up the issue to the International Blue Shield. Moreover as i am presently processing the country's application to join the International organization.They promised to respond and take up the issue officially and behold i just received a their response

"Good afternoon Mr Ohimai Evborokhai

The Illicit trafficking working group have considered the issue you raised and written the following statement, which has been reviewed by our legal team.

I will need to raise the issue with the Board for their approval also, but I wanted to send it to you first".
Best wishes

Emma

Dr Emma Cunliffe

Research Associate, Cultural Property Protection and Peace

Secretary, UK Blue Shield

Secretariat, Blue Shield International

(1) (Reply)

August 11 Osun Oshogbo / List Of Some Notable Esan Local Meals And Local Snacks. / The Trade House Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.