|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,694,386 members, 6,350,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 22 June 2021 at 04:39 AM
#EndSARS: Police Officer Kills His Colleague In Abuja, Commits Suicide / EndPoliceBrutality: Governor Obiano Sacks James Nwafor, Ex SARS Boss / Lagos Government Re-arraigns Four Ex-sars Officers For Abuse Of Office (2) (3) (4)
|#ENDSARS: Police To Dismiss 37 Ex-sars Officers, Prosecute 24 by GIdiata(m): 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2020|
The report of the Presidential Panel on Reform of Anti-
Robbery Squad, (SARS) has recommended the dismissal of
37 ex-SARS personnel and prosecution of 24 others.
Also, the Police Service Commission on Friday, October 16th 2020 met with the National Human Rights Commission and promised to speed up action on the implementation of the Report of the Presidential Panel on Reform of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
The National Human Rights Commission team led by its
Executive Secretary, Tony Ojukwu was in the Police Service
Commission to formally present the 2018 Report of the
Presidential Panel and to solicit the PSC support in the
implementation of the aspects of the Report covered by PSC constitutional mandate.
The Presidential Panel had among other things investigated
allegations of human rights violations and abuse of office
against SARS and recommended reform or restructuring of
Receiving the delegation, PSC Chairman, Musiliu Smith, retired Inspector General of Police, said the PSC will collaborate and support the Human Rights Commission in
the promotion of good governance.
He, however, said that for effective reform of the much-
maligned SARS, there must be a deliberate effort to select
capable, professional and credible people to replace the
The selected Officers, he added, must be properly trained and exposed to regular training.
Smith said there must also be close supervision of the newly selected officers so that the nation will not experience the rot that became the fate of the disbanded unit.
Any misconduct, he noted, should be severely and promptly
He, however, said the government should show more concern to the funding of its vital Agencies as these Agencies need funds to do their job.
He also made a case for proper and ‘living accommodation
for the Officers of the Nigeria Police, stressing that these
Officers need good accommodation to put in their best.
The Executive Secretary of the Human Rights Commission
told the PSC Chairman that PSC has all it takes to deal
appropriately with the Report of the Presidential Panel on
Reform of Anti-Robbery Squad, (SARS).
“We have come to see a PSC determined to play a leading
role in the reform of the Nigeria Police Force”, he said.
Ojukwu said the reform is the most topical issue in the
country today, adding that a lot is expected from the PSC.
He noted that the Panel called for and received 113 complaints on alleged human rights violations from across
the country and 22 memoranda on suggestions on how to
reform and restructure SARS and the Nigeria Police in general.
“The Panel also directed the Inspector General of Police to
unravel the identity of 22 officers involved in the violation of the human rights of innocent citizens.
A copy of the Report was thereafter presented to the
|Re: #ENDSARS: Police To Dismiss 37 Ex-sars Officers, Prosecute 24 by GIdiata(m): 11:38pm On Oct 16, 2020|
POWER TO THE PEOPLE
#WE ARE TAKING BACK OUR COUNTRY
NIGERIA YOUTHS AREN'T LAZY AFTER ALL.
GOD BLESS US ALL
|Re: #ENDSARS: Police To Dismiss 37 Ex-sars Officers, Prosecute 24 by Nerdified: 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2020|
|Re: #ENDSARS: Police To Dismiss 37 Ex-sars Officers, Prosecute 24 by Ifesinachi22(m): 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2020|
LIST OF WHAT NIGERIA YOUTH WANTS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO DO BEFORE THEY CAN CALL OF THEIR PROTEST
1. END SARS
2. SACK SECURITY CHIEFS
3. IMPROVE SECURITY
4. FULL DEREGULATION OIL AND GAS
SECTOR TO ALLOW MORE INVESTMENTS FOR JOB CREATION
5. IMMEDIATE PASSAGE OF PIB
6. FULL DEREGULATION OF POWER SECTOR TO ALLOW INVESTMENT CAPITAL FLOW TO GENERATE, TRANSMIT AND DISTRIBUTE MORE POWER AND CREATE JOBS
7. SHOULD HANDS OFF PETROLEUM PRICING TO ENABLE FREE MARKET DETERMINATION OF PRICING
8. CLOSE OUR NORTHERN BORDERS TO STOP FREE ENTRY OF FULANI HERDSMEN AND BANDITS
9. INCLUSIVE GOVERNMENT FOR ALL TRIBES AND REGIONS OF NIGERIA WITH 50% YOUTHS IN CHARGE OF GOVERNANCE
10. ALLOCATE MORE FUNDS TO EDUCATION SECTOR TO PROVIDE BETTER TEACHING TOOLS AND TO PAY BETTER SALARIES TO END ASUU STRIKES
11. CHANGE OUR ACADEMIC CURRICULUM TO REFLECT MODERN DAY REALITIES
12. ALL POLITICIANS SHOULD BE PLACED ON MINIMUM WAGE TO ATTRACT GENUINE PUBLIC SERVANTS
13. MIGRATE TO 100% ELECTORAL REFORMS WITH ELECTRONIC VOTING TIED TO OUR BVN AND GSM
14. RETURN NIGERIA TO REGIONAL GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE OR RESTRUCTURE THE COUNTRY AND EMBRACE TRUE FEDERALISM. STATES AUTONOMY MUST BE PARAMOUNT.
15. DISBAND THE BI-CAMERAL LEGISLATURE AND ADOPT UNI-CAMERAL
16. IMMEDIATELY REFORM NIGERIA POLICE FORCE AND LET EVERY STATE OR REGION CREATE ITS OWN POLICE SERVICE
17. NO MORE BUDGET FOR RUNNING PRIVATE AFFAIRS OF ELECTED AND APPOINTED PUBLIC SERVANTS
18. ENTHRONE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION AS MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS AT ALL LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT FROM PRESIDENT TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND WARD CHAIRPERSONS
19. STRIP EX-GOVERNORS AND ALL ELECTED AND APPOINTED PUBLIC SERVANTS OF ALL BENEFITS AFTER OFFICE.
20. INCREASE SALARIES OF OUR DOCTORS, NURSES, TEACHERS, POLICE, MILITARY OFFICERS, AND CIVIL SERVANTS
21. GOVERNMENT SHOULD HANDS OFF OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESSES AT ALL LEVELS.
22. NAME AND SHAME LOOTERS AND MAKE CRIMINAL OFFENDERS, AND LOOTERS FACE TRIAL IN THEIR HOME STATES AND VILLAGES TO SHAME THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES
23. STOP FOREIGN MEDICAL TRIPS FOR PUBLIC SERVANTS. LET THEM BE TREATED HERE IN NIGERIA. WHEN LAST DID YOU HEAR AMERICAN PRESIDENT OR BRITISH PRIME MINISTER VISIT NIGERIA FOR MEDICAL TOURISM?
|Re: #ENDSARS: Police To Dismiss 37 Ex-sars Officers, Prosecute 24 by BankyGee(m): 12:08am On Oct 17, 2020|
All of 'em need to be prosecuted! They are all the same!
No basket for rotten mango!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101