Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT (23224 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Clash With Ondo Amotekun Operatives For Arresting Their Cows / Adedeji Oluwole: Police Detain 3 OPC Operatives For Arresting Iskilu Wakili / IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Omezif(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2020
No matter any special training given to them they must act like sars unless those appointed never worn uniform.

1 Like

Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by tolanieraheemat(f): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2020
Nothing different from the already scraped sars
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by SocialJustice: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2020
We don't want SARS, we don't want SWAT! Are these people deaf?

1 Like

Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Myer(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2020
Why are they being so predictable?

For those wondering why the #EndSars protest is still ongoing, this is the reason.

As predicted according to precedent patterns of govt , they have simply changed the name from SARS to SWAT.

Nobody has been brought to book. So there is no punishment 5o serve as deterrent against police brutality.

Until that is done, theis reform is simply audio reform.
And I support the continuity of the EndSARS protest.

1 Like

Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by onyxo76(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2020
why do i seem to believe that everything they say from that end is a lie...

1 Like

Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by mrpapii22: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2020
[ for the take-off of the pilot scheme, we are good to go ?
[/[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][sup][/sup][code][/code] grin grin coolna how go come reason well
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by chamboy(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2020
Look IGP, we need to screen that list, us not NASS, they're as useless as you are.
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by yahmohy27: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2020
Evaromantik:
They no dey even hear this #EndSWAT protest nationwide?.

Goddd!!.. Who brought me to this deaf country?
God first,then your parent
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Kentuforchrist(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2020
Naijaguy12345:
1850 New operatives
North = 1,840
South =0010
The more you look, the less you see.
One Nigeria
[img]https://i./14Tr.gif[/img]
grin
Naijaguy12345:
1850 New operatives
North = 1,840
South =0010
One Nigeria
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Shadysen: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2020
So all this protests are in vain?? because they don't hear us at all...still wanna do what's on their bloody mind oh God help your children.
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Solo2018: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2020
They are all jokers

This is the best time to say NO to this bunch of DEMONS.

#EndSARS NOW

#End CORRUPTION
#End BAD Government

Nigerians must be liberated Now.
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by mrkings84(m): 11:59am On Oct 17, 2020
SWAT KIIL THEM THERE!

ENDSWATNOW!!!
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by GARBAUK: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2020
Hope they will train those guys before given weapons or else many will go dawn
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by samwillyco1(m): 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2020
This people no dey the yawning of the youth
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Dede1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2020
99thEnemy:
1850 SWAT personels for the size of Nigeria?

Nigeria is just a joke grin grin grin

You could not be more correct. It is better Nigeria is ended than renaming SARS into SWAT.

1 Like

Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Ken91(m): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2020
#end police brutality#end bad governance Pls help i had up to #7000 9mobile worth of airtime for sell after i mistakenly recharge it from my bank, now i don't had any money on me i want to auction it for #4000 pls if interested call me 08097460168
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by anochuko01(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2020
lol
i was told this morning that those who were to go for the SWAT training in abeokuta were told they'll have to pay for their kits and all other logistics, so officers wey wan join sef don dey japa
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Originalsly: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2020
jayautos:

SWAT has always been in existence. This pics was taken last year in Port Harcourt. This is a SWAT team. The IGP is trying to play with our intelligence.
But our mumu don do

Hmmmm....... really? If it's this kind battle field weapon they be armed with then SWAT will be a danger to civilians. Can someone suggest to me a situation in which this gun should be used?

@ topic..... If the SWAT team will be any different from SARS the change has to begin from the recruitment process. The present Police force is generally mentally corrupt. This is a good opportunity to begin to raise the levels to international standards. They should have graduates apply ... make serious background checks.... then have them trained. No doubt... a SWAT team has to include experienced Police. A SWAT team has special weapons and go through intense training. Does this SWAT team have snipers?.... would it have negotiators?...special vehicles to carry the variety of weapons? A S2AT team forming overnight is a joke.
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Jungleluv5: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2020
WorkTheTalk:
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) is to kick start the recently created Special Weapons and Tactics Teams (SWAT) Unit with 1,850 operatives in the states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory FCT Abuja any time from now, a credible source at the Force Headquarters, revealed this to Tribune Online.

The source said that already, Commissioners of Police in the 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory, (FCT) Command have been directed to submit 50 names of personnel per state for the scheme.

The source further revealed that the CPs were strictly advised that no former member of the defunct SARS should be included on the list and that “the nominees should not have any pending or decided disciplinary case (s) and must be of impeccable character.”

A letter with reference number CB:4770/YBS/ SHQ /SUB.1/89 dated 14 October, 2020 and signed by the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Admin) in Yobe State directed Police Area Commanders, Divisional Police officers and Officers in-charge to release the affected officers serving in their formations.

The letter titled: “Training of Nigeria Police Special Weapons and Tactics Teams (SWAT) to replace the disbanded Special AntiRobbery Squad (SARS),” says: “The Commissioner of Police warn and release the affected officers serving in your formations/Divisions to report at SHQ Damaturu on Friday 16 October, 2020 by 0800hrs prompt for CP’s briefing.”

On the document were 50 names of police officers made up of two Chief Superintendents of Police (CSPs), two Superintendents of Police, four Deputy Superintendents of Police (DS P), five Assistant Superintendents of Police (ASP), three Inspectors, 30 sergeants and four corporals.

The source said that all necessary arrangements had been concluded to ensure the immediate take-off of the training and formal launching of the new Security outfit by the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar Adamu Though efforts to get the reaction of the Force Public Relations Officer, FPRO, Frank Mba, a Deputy Commissioner of Police DCP, over the development proved abortive, however another Senior Police Officer at the Force Headquarters in Abuja confirmed the story.

According to him, “yes, we are commencing the training of SWAT Operatives anytime from now, each State Police Command and the FCT has been mandated to submit 50 names for the take-off of the pilot scheme, we are good to go now.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/police-to-raise-1850-operatives-for-swat/
We don't need pot belly officers to join swat oooo all need now are smart and intelligent people
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by toye440: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2020
Naijaguy12345:
1850 New operatives
North = 1,840
South =0010
One Nigeria
Its exactly what i hv in mind, but since u first me, i rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Kaiser20: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

grin grin grin grin

Who is gonna train them? Cause I don't think Nigeria police can train them. If it was soildier I will kinda agree but police them self grin no way.

They don't posses the facilities to train SWAT to international standards. I don't know why they name this new squad SWAT. Cause Nigeria have not train a soldier to use bigger military gadget Na SWAT dey want train.. Yeye dey smell. undecided

Abi we should invite USA SWAT make them come teach them? grin because Na from them they steal that name SWAT. grin
Our standard soldiers who beat up civilians on the road,but failed to secure the country naa dem go train SWAT? Godforbid.
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
Revolution is now!

#End_SWAT

#Restructure_NIGERIA
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by akinlolu26624: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2020
This people think EndSARS and EndSWAT is a joke, right?E go do una like film...
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Kingsaeedibn: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2020
Sars finally reinstated in another body
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Hangulsaram: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2020
Please I can’t read the write up there, because I feel it will not make any sense to me.
So what is/will be there job description, as what are they going to be doing from this there name?
Re: Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT by Vulcan24(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
Training police as swat teams is a bad idea in Nigeria

They are implicitly biased and prejudice to believe they are hated by the public from the start

The hostile public is still rampaging and it is not a tactical unit that is from same target of agitations that should be used

SWAT should be a new formation from the general public and commanding officers and staff Sarge from the old force

Create employment from the elite graduates roaming and genuinely interested in fighting crime not reusing an old hand thats part of the issue

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Wasting Money On Search For Oil In The North - Zainab Hassan / Wike Receives Prayers From Clergy Man At Government House, Port Harcourt (Photo) / Banji Akintoye: North To Continue To Rule Nigeria Regardless Of Who’s President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.