Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place (250 Views)

A Place In Kenya Where They Pay To See A Mermaid (video) / Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? / Do Homosexuals Have A Place In God's Kingdom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by paxonel(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2020
There are no other creation of God that are more important to him than people.
When you look at the #EndSARS or #EndSWAT protest, our message to the government is simple. "We need a police reform "
That is an urgent need of the people. That not withstanding, reform of the education sector and consequently, a rebirth of a moral society for our unborn generation atleast, is our long term goal in this protest that may last till only God knows when.
Now, all these are people oriented.

We were all created in his image and likeness. Genesis 1: 27
It follows that, If we humans could go this far in order to attain people oriented governmental policies then God who has the same image will do more, infact he has done more.

Christ death and resurrection was strictly for people.
He set up his kingdom here on this earth when he died and resurrected(2000 years ago) and that kingdom is people.

Luke 13:25 When once the master of the house is RISEN UP..

please mark the phrase RISEN UP

Let me explain this :
You will recall in the preceding part of that scripture, that it was someone who asked Jesus the question " Are there few that will be saved? " Luke 13:23

In response to the question, Jesus told his disciples " strive to enter the gate" verse 24 (it was the disciples that Jesus told, not us today)

So, what was the gate?
The gate in the context of this scripture refers to time, it is a metaphor.
What is the time?
It was the time of establishment of the new covenant through the dead and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

So, invariably, what Jesus was telling his disciples was that, they should hold unto their believe in him until he died and resurrected, that is the only way they could be saved.

Now, why will Jesus use a word like GATE to refer to his death and resurrection?
It's simple, the word Gate was appropriate for the entrance of the kingdom of God, therefore his death and resurrection which marked the commencement of the new covenant was metaphorically the Gate of God's kingdom here on earth. That kingdom represent people, about 120 of them in the book act. Act 1:15.
That was the origin of Christianity.

Now, I'm taking time to explain all these for those Christians who still think that one kingdom like a place will someday come down from above, or you will be raptured someday to meet one imaginary kingdom in the clouds, there is nothing like that.

Knowing that you don't have anywhere else to go but here, you have to fight for your right here.

You have to tell the oppressor, enough is enough, hence #EndSARS

You have to stand up for justice and equity

You have to join the revolution and protest against evil in your society.

And that evil, is our common enemy called ignorance which must be defeated at the long run.
Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by paxonel(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2020
Yo
Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by Franzinni: 11:00am On Oct 17, 2020
Most religious folks can't process let alone understand that ... They just bury their head back in the sand .

1 Like

Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by Dtruthspeaker: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2020
paxonel:
There are no other creation of God that are more important to him than people.

Oh man, why dost thou considereth thyself so important? Why doth thou over estimate thyself?

Did you not hear that though 1 chicken is sold for N3000, not One is Forgotten by the Lord?

Oh man, you are not even up to a drop of water from the bucket when it spilleth!

Before you Insult me, it is not I who Graded and Valued You so, it is The Lord Who Said it!

So therefore, estimate thyself, if thou are valuable if thou be a drop of water from a full bucket.
Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by Dtruthspeaker: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
Franzinni:
Most religious folks can't process let alone understand that ... They just bury their head back in the sand .

The wise receive Commandment but a fool despiseth good counsel.
Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by paxonel(m): 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh man, why dost thou considereth thyself so important? Why doth thou over estimate thyself?

Did you not hear that though 1 chicken is sold for N3000, not One is Forgotten by the Lord?

Oh man, you are not even up to a drop of water from the bucket when it spilleth!

Before you Insult me, it is not I who Graded and Valued You so, it is The Lord Who Said it!

So therefore, estimate thyself, if thou are valuable if thou be a drop of water from a full bucket.
grin grin grin

Quite a funny joke or something
Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by Franzinni: 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The wise receive Commandment but a fool despiseth good counsel.
you are right. But wise people are few and far between.

Majority are sheepish conformists... Them fool this forum and are willing to fight for their God.

Pathetic
Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by paxonel(m): 6:48am On Oct 18, 2020
Yes
Re: The Kingdom Of God Is People, Not A Place by Dtruthspeaker: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2020
Franzinni:
you are right. But wise people are few and far between.

Majority are sheepish conformists... Them fool this forum and are willing to fight for their God.

Pathetic

This quote helped me.

The world is full of fools and he who would not see it, should smash his mirror"

After I saw that this was True, then did I decide that I shall Never be Among Them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Accurate Prophet Tb Joshua Prophesy Has Been This Year / Spending Time With God / Nigerian Man Says He Prophesied About Marrying His Wife When He Was 3-Years-Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.