Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji (39960 Views)

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Says It's Fake News / Markus Ishaku Basiran Replaces Yomi Shogunle As Police Head Of Complaint Unit / Nigerians React To Yomi Shogunle Transfer To Nkalagu, Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Ogaonos: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2020
Sanchez01:
There is no denying that heads will roll in an attempt to please the people. As it stands, the systemic corruption in the police force is crazy deep, so much that politicians and some elites who have unjustly used the police to victimised the common people will be caught up in the cross fire.

Knowing this, EndSARS is just the wake up call because the police and those in government might be thinking protests will cease after the announcement but the people will want more. Already, there are calls for the resignation of the IGP and the president. Demands for simple basic things we need for everyday survival will be pushed and the government will have no choice but to heed.

The police force should ensure that officers that have been noted for dismissal should not return as armed robbers. Offa robbery and similar others across the country are case studies.

The rude awakening is needed. Change is the new normal.
love as the protester are calling for total reform on police which include increase in salary Nd allowance.make dem knw say is both the masses,police Nd soldo DT d youths are fighting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
They are trying to draw the masses sympathy by saying they supposedIy dismissed Dolapo Badmus
and Yomi Shogunle. Because cause both seems to be more known on social media. Dolapo was even more famous for intervening in series of injustice on the part of the Force.

these games are obvious yet sinister. We see the game they are playing clearly. The masses sympathy will always be for EndSars

Is that not part of what people are demanding for? Protests won't go forever whether you like the government's response or not. That's the truth
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by delishpot: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2020
I bet blood for blood would be the next action. Any police officer that kills unjustly should be hunted down and killed too. If they don't taste sorrow they won't appreciate what sorrow they inflict on others feel like. (The angry part of me speaking)

The good part is saying.... Just keep protesting maybe they will Repent and change lipsrsealed
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by humilitypays(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
Dismissing or demoting them is not enough.

Sack them without benefits and then jail them for life without parole, and the ones that are involved in serial murder like OC Nwafor should be given capital punishment and his execution done publicly to appease the innocent people he killed and their family members.

After that, we start a total Nigeria Police Reform.

Their name should be changed from Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to Nigeria Police Service (NPS).

This is the only way to respect our youths protesting for a change.

Don't sack them alone, to avoid them turning to dreaded armed robbers. sack them and jail them at maximum security prison like Kirikiri.

Others given capital punishment and executed publicly within 21 days!

If Buhari can do this, we will give him a second chance to start some more reformations we will be listing out for him, if not, #BuhariResign #IGPResign will start soon as our brothers in Asian countries will be starting their own solidarity protests in various Asian countries from tomorrow!

Please youths don't give up!

Don't back down now!!
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2020
tot:

20%?

More like above 80%!
The reform must start from the recruitment. Imagine a police force full of illiterates, cultists and ritualists.
You're right, it is quite terrible.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by CSTRR: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2020
f.
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by humilitypays(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2020
delishpot:
I bet blood for blood would be the next action. Any police officer that kills unjustly should be hunted down and killed too. If they don't taste sorrow they won't appreciate what sorrow they inflict on others feel like. (The angry part of me speaking)

The good part is saying.... Just keep protesting maybe they will Repent and change lipsrsealed
It would have started if gun was legalised in Nigeria.

If Nigerian government fail to publicly deal with these notorious special armed robbery squad called SARS for all Nigerians to see and feel okay, it will lead to uprising of deadly youth killer squad that target Nigerian Police because so many Nigerian youths are boiling both those at home and abroad!
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Sanchez01: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2020
kayjay69:
Brother, I was saying the same exact thing.

See I love #EndSARS because finally finally as long as I have been born, Young Nigerians (atleast the ones in the Middle and Southern cities) are standing together, showing their resilience and demanding change. They are showing the establishment they are tired of empty rhetoric and bland palliatives offered over the years.

But I am still sad. I am sad because unfortunately we are focused on the wrong protest. We should be protesting Bad Governance (which did not start now with the present administration) which happens to be the parent that gave birth to children such as the rotten police force that we have today. Ofcourse useless prostitutes a.k.a politicians will quickly hop on the bandwagon and march with the youths as if they are on the side of the people, but it is these useless criminals we should really go after.

The Nigeria Police Force is made up of human beings, Nigerians, some of whom I believe are good at heart but perhaps the system over time turned them into the monsters that they are. I do contend that everybody in Nigeria is a victim of Nigeria itself. Even the useless leaders, they just don't know it.

We need to focus our attention on what I think is the real cause of the problems we face. You think the NPF is the most corrupt government agency?
What of NIMASA and how they sell out Nigerian seafaring jobs to foreigners in the name of waiver?
What of the Nigerian Immigration Service and how they consistently frustrate a simple process of obtaining a passport, all for monetary gain?
What of the Nigerian Customs? What of the NNPC? What of FERMA? FAAN? NCAA? NAMA? CBN? EFCC? BPE? NPA? NERC? NIWA? The f_c_u_k_i_n_g National Assembly? I am sure you can deduce and see the common denominator, Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria.

I can go on and on. Nigeria itself is a sham, a scam, a fools paradise. And until we protest against this country and the rotten souls that hold it to ransome, I am afraid to say things will continue the way they are with no real change.
Spot on. However, I would like to chip in something. If you have been abreast with social media lately, you must have seen how politicians who are trying to associate themselves with the struggle are being shoved aside.

The rallying chant is the #EndSARS slogan but there are greater underlying messages, more like subliminal behind it and the government understands. The hashtag is currently being used with #EndBadGovernance, #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria etc, while there are silent calls for the resignation of the president.

Abuja youths some few days ago laid a siege at the Ministry of Justice building branding it 'Ministry of Injustice' with a trending hashtag to go with.

The country right now isn't working and we can't pretend that it is. The awakening has brought in a whole new level of political consciousness such that people are now seeing things they embraced prior now as absurd.

Dino Melaye got dragged last night when he joined voices with the youths to change the status quo. I strongly believe the #EndSARS protest is just a wake up call to the systemic anomalies plaguing the nation. It will surprise many to see that the call to reform the police will spiral very soon even after the government prosecutes policemen found guilty.

2023 has suddenly become so bleak for the likes of Atiku and Tinubu because almost every Southern youth have come to the realization that they have tolerated enough.

Finally, most protesting Nigerians understand the police is not the enemy. I have seen videos of them feeding officers, cheering them and jubilating with the good ones. There was a call within a closed group recently to fix a police barrack and we had some persons say it is a distraction, which was agreed upon. A policeman even opened up that he allowed his family join the protest because the truth about the system is not how many think or believe it is on the outside.

We will get there with time, particularly now that the youths know how to go about what they want. There is a massive reserve of cash that keeps growing on a daily basis; all donations to support the struggle. I don't even see the protest ending anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2020
Jabioro:
The first SARS casualties..I knew the Idoko at Lagos command..the man he torture died two months after
I secured his release with huge amount for commiting no crime....Rest in peace Sunday Gbeji..

please for posterity and justice sake, can you please open a thread about it on politics section??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2020
leisuretym:
what about Ojo of Ibara division in Abeokuta and one nicknamed Mr EXPLAIN ? investigate them
please for posterity and justice sake, can you please open a thread about it on politics section??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2020
Where is NCAN? Please help us know who wicked pass who in this dirty game!
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by ensamy(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2020
This is the first batch , we expect more batches otherwise we keep protesting. They are many more....we know . shocked grin shocked shocked Nigeria is cleaning up.
Starting with the Police and we go up to Aso Rock.
We the youths are tired of travelling overseas to hustle. We are staying in Nigeria to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by smallsmall: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2020
cocolacec:

Dolapo was used by fake pastors to silence victims of rape or oppression.

Utter Rubbish and Balderdash!
Provide PROOF of this Accusation or you damn STFU.

If you have a case against a Fake or True Pastor, ask your Lawyer to file a Suit IN COURT and Summon the Pastor.
The Lawyer doesnot need the Police to do that, It is a Judge that will determine whether you are lying and you are wronged.

Dolapo cannot determine Guilt in a Rape case because that is NOT the job of the Police.
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by delishpot: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2020
humilitypays:
It would have started if gun was legalised in Nigeria.

If Nigerian government fail to publicly deal with these notorious special armed robbery squad called SARS for all Nigerians to see and feel okay, it will lead to uprising of deadly youth killer squad that target Nigerian Police because so many Nigerian youths are boiling but home and abroad!

I dey tell you. Enough is enough for them.
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by moradeyo59302: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2020
:you should know every Muslim is the sameAre you sure, no wounder Boko Haram is multiplied and it takes decade to defeat them. Well the agenda is different to what is manifest to be.
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by ThatFairGuy1: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2020
Let this cleansing for round all public sector, NDDC, NNPC, NHIRS, CBN, IRS and other big big Government parastatals
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Donspicey: 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2020
kayjay69:
Brother, I was saying the same exact thing.

See I love #EndSARS because finally finally as long as I have been born, Young Nigerians (atleast the ones in the Middle and Southern cities) are standing together, showing their resilience and demanding change. They are showing the establishment they are tired of empty rhetoric and bland palliatives offered over the years.

But I am still sad. I am sad because unfortunately we are focused on the wrong protest. We should be protesting Bad Governance (which did not start now with the present administration) which happens to be the parent that gave birth to children such as the rotten police force that we have today. Ofcourse useless prostitutes a.k.a politicians will quickly hop on the bandwagon and march with the youths as if they are on the side of the people, but it is these useless criminals we should really go after.

The Nigeria Police Force is made up of human beings, Nigerians, some of whom I believe are good at heart but perhaps the system over time turned them into the monsters that they are. I do contend that everybody in Nigeria is a victim of Nigeria itself. Even the useless leaders, they just don't know it.

We need to focus our attention on what I think is the real cause of the problems we face. You think the NPF is the most corrupt government agency?
What of NIMASA and how they sell out Nigerian seafaring jobs to foreigners in the name of waiver?
What of the Nigerian Immigration Service and how they consistently frustrate a simple process of obtaining a passport, all for monetary gain?
What of the Nigerian Customs? What of the NNPC? What of FERMA? FAAN? NCAA? NAMA? CBN? EFCC? BPE? NPA? NERC? NIWA? The f_c_u_k_i_n_g National Assembly? I am sure you can deduce and see the common denominator, Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria.

I can go on and on. Nigeria itself is a sham, a scam, a fools paradise. And until we protest against this country and the rotten souls that hold it to ransome, I am afraid to say things will continue the way they are with no real change.

The Fight agaist Oppression is not always easy bro.......

The protest had to start EndSars in order to avoid too much casualtist......cos d youths see Sars as anti people.. so dey had to be clipped in order for d protest not turn to bloodshed.....

Endsars is just d pathway to voice out many oda tinssss

Jst keep watching The Shocker is still loading.........................
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by ogunsbanjul(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2020
Fake news
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

truth is bitter
BITTER THAN BITTER Lf
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by kayjay69(m): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2020
I agree bro and I hope we do not make this about Buhari alone because that will be a great failure.

ALL our leaders have failed us not just the present administration. Their main failure has been refusing to restructure this country. And the result is what we are seeing today.
Donspicey:

The Fight agaist Oppression is not always easy bro.......

The protest had to start EndSars in order to avoid too much casualtist......cos d youths see Sars as anti people.. so dey had to be clipped in order for d protest not turn to bloodshed.....

Endsars is just d pathway to voice out many oda tinssss

Jst keep watching The Shocker is still loading.........................
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Ojiofor: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
Let the heads of rotten bloody SARSmen roll.
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by mechanics(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2020
Good for them
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Donspicey: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
kayjay69:
I agree bro and I hope we do not make this about Buhari alone because that will be a great failure.

ALL our leaders have failed us not just the present administration. Their main failure has been refusing to restructure this country. And the result is what we are seeing today.

The Protest is not abt Buhari....Jst dat many tot he is d saviour Nigeria ve bn waiting for not known dat he was jst packaged by power mongers.......its jst unfortunate dat he is caught in d cross fire....even him doesnt knw wat to say abt d situation dats y he ve bn silent bfr he go talk wetin go mk evrywia burst......

2020 stil hv many tins to put in place....

jst dey watch...........

The Future is now

#EndBadGovt

2 Likes

Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by phadriz(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2020
I know that Dolapo Badmus must be very corrupt and used by politicians, how much is her salary way she dey Quilox go flex
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by drnoel: 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2020
Sanchez01:
There is no denying that heads will roll in an attempt to please the people. As it stands, the systemic corruption in the police force is crazy deep, so much that politicians and some elites who have unjustly used the police to victimised the common people will be caught up in the cross fire.

Knowing this, EndSARS is just the wake up call because the police and those in government might be thinking protests will cease after the announcement but the people will want more. Already, there are calls for the resignation of the IGP and the president. Demands for simple basic things we need for everyday survival will be pushed and the government will have no choice but to heed.

The police force should ensure that officers that have been noted for dismissal should not return as armed robbers. Offa robbery and similar others across the country are case studies.

The rude awakening is needed. Change is the new normal.

I doubt the protest will go beyond what it has so far. If it does then it's a welcome change. But I doubt it would
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Danniedpastor(m): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2020
naija4life247:

Not true. Few bad eggs should not be used to judge all.

Well, I am a Msulim, so what do I even know?

you are wise
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Danniedpastor(m): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2020
naija4life247:

Not true. Few bad eggs should not be used to judge all.

Well, I am a Msulim, so what do I even know?

you are wise
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by naija4life247: 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

you should know every Muslim is the same

I don't argue with mentally unstable nincompoops.
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by naija4life247: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2020
yommen:

What does being a Muslim have to do here? Can't you just air your opinion without displaying hypocrisy?

Go through my past posts and you will see that my real name is TROUBLE. So, don't start what you cannot end. Because my next statement, you will run to moderators to save you.
Re: Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

all I said was that all Muslims were the same. and did you prove me wrong? and with your post, ofcourse not.

I never even said maybe they were evil or good but we all know truth is always psychological grin
The same way i said you are a beggar, begging for money and lieing you want to use it to buy laptop and open bakery, whereas you are squandering all the money you are getting here, and you have not proved me wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Metuh Issues First Statement Since His Release From Prison / Nnewi North TC Chairman Suspended Over Wife's "Murder" (Graphic Pictures) / Court Dismisses Six Count Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu, Orders Re-Arraignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.