Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing (2198 Views)

APC Chieftain ‘Slaps’ Enugu Guber Candidate Over Ministerial Slot / Police Detain Benue's Acn Governorship Candidate Over Gov. Suswam's False Alarm / Benue Pdp Sues Acn Guber Candidate Over Dual Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Udevex: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2011
[size=14pt]SSS arraigns CPC candidate over Suleja bombing[/size]
•Aliyu bans political rallies in public schools
By Francis Onoiribholo (Benin) and Chinwendu Nnadozie (Minna)

Niger State House of Assembly aspirant of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for Suleja Constituency, Lado Abdullahi, was on Monday arraigned at a Minna Chief Magistrate Court over the bomb blast at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rally in Suleja last Thursday.

The State Security Service (SSS) arraigned him over alleged  homicide, assault, disturbance of public peace, criminal intimidation and being armed with deadly weapons.

Abdullahi was charged along with four others now at large.

The charge sheet named the other suspects as Babaro, Ladan, Awal Gambo, Jubrin Umar Abuja.

Only Abdullahi, who denied the charges, appeared before Chief Magisrate Tanko Muhammad.

He had spent four days in the custody of the SSS before his arraignment.

The Director of Public Prosecution, Musa Abdul, asked the court to remand him in SSS custody to enable the security personnel complete their investigations.

Abdul said because of the nature of the case, the accused person should not be granted bail because it would be prejudicial to the case, especially as Abdullahi faces charges under Section 221 of the Penal Code.

He told the court that the Section contains capital offences which foreclose the granting of bail.

Muhammad granted the plea and remanded Abdullahi in the custody of the SSS to enable it investigate the allegations.

Meanwhile, Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, has outlawed the use of public schools for political rallies, but clarified that he was not the target of the bomb blast on March 3 that left 10 people dead and several others wounded.

Aliyu spoke in Minna on Monday when he received PDP stakeholders who paid a condolence visit to him.

He described the bombers as terrorists who are scared of the popularity of the PDP and are trying to distract people from the achievements of the state government.

“If the rally was not held at the Government Secondary School, the 11 students who were victims would not have been affected by the blast”, he lamented.

He said the school had been chosen to give the PDP Senatorial candidate for Niger East, Dahiru Kuta, a nostalgic feeling because he is an alumnus of the school.

“Who were the people affected; the carrot sellers, shoe shiners, and students. I don’t think the motive was to target me, the bombers do not need to go to that extent to target me because I am always in the midst of people.

“They are terrorists threatening, distracting, and scaring people away.”

Aliyu said it was unfortunate that the victims were not at the rally because of politics, recalling that “one of the students killed came to see his uncle who is the Secretary of Munya Local Government Council, to collect money. That money he could not spend because he died.

“The perpetrators are scared and they want to stop the PDP miracle in the state. They are desperate because some of them have four wives and no source of income. If election is held today or tomorrow in the state we shall win. They are jealous.”

Aliyu expressed the resolve of his administration not to be distracted by the tactics of opposition parties desperate for power.

The culprits must face the full wrath of the law, he maintained.

“People said we should forgive the perpetrators, but we will not. The security agents are doing their work and we will leave them with the security agents and the courts.”

In Edo, the campaign train of President Goodluck Jonathan moves to the state today, and Police Commissioner David Omojuola on Monday told all other political parties to postpone their rallies to avoid conflict.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=30038
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Rhino5dm: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2011
Blah blah blah. . . Yet Dokpesi is now a saint and free??

well, he should just join GEJ campaign train. Shikenan!
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by blacksta(m): 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
and Next week

THe guy would become campaign manager for GEJ

And after  Mumu GEJ will call him a God Father

abeg beaf open another useless thread.   Make i tell Mukina to ban this username as well it is a nuisance
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Richtalk: 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2011
No one is above the law,CPC, PdP, ACN or even INEC officials

If found guilty, the wrath of the law should fall on them.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Rhino5dm: 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2011
What about IBB and Dopkesi with thier Independent Bomb Blast??

FBI and MOSSAD investigation Bull crap??

Arrant Nonsense!
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Udevex: 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2011
Anybody who kills little children (or anybody for that matter) for cheap political gain deserves to die. And to die a slow, tortured death.
It is good the bombers have been caught, we would really like to know how they laid their hands on grenades. Was there military involvement?
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by blacksta(m): 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2011
U de vex?:

Anybody who kills little children (or anybody for that matter)for[b] cheap political gain deserves to die. And to die a slow, tortured death.[/b]
It is good the bombers have been caught, we would really like to know how they laid their hands on grenades. Was there military involvement?

I hope it applies to GEJ for saying Mend was not responsible for the Oct1 bombing even after MEnd claimed responsible

I fear for Nja 00000000
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2011
SSS don start again ooo, sad sad sad
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Rhino5dm: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2011
It is good the bombers  have been caught,But it is very i.dio.tic to realise them after they pledges loyalty undecided undecided undecided

Dokpesi and IBB can testify to that.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Rhino5dm: 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2011
Only a fo.ol will take any outcome from GEJ & SSS with any pinch of salt, going by thier erratic nature and tendency to lie.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Udevex: 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2011
blacksta:

I hope it applies to GEJ for saying Mend was not responsible for the Oct1 bombing even after MEnd claimed responsible

I fear for Nja 00000000

Do you work in an intelligence agency?
By the way, you seem quite agitated that people have been charged with the bombing. Kids and women are among the dead, we should temper our utterances, so we don't come across as being in support of bloodshed, just like the bombers.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by solihu(m): 12:05am On Mar 08, 2011
I just hope they caught the real culprit, it just may be another case of frame up!
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by YemiAlabi: 1:06am On Mar 08, 2011
y all of u dey vex?
I for one am very sure Buhari agents did do it in suleja. the october first bomb blast was engineered by the buhari agents using ibbs men. i can bet my life savings. these things are done to make goodluck look bad. it is his destiny. God put him there. Don't play with destiny. Don't play with God.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by seunlayi(m): 5:19am On Mar 08, 2011
YemiAlabi:

y all of u dey vex?
I for one am very sure Buhari agents did do it in suleja. the october first bomb blast was engineered by the buhari agents using ibbs men. i can bet my life savings. these things are done to make goodluck look bad. it is his destiny. God put him there. Don't play with destiny. Don't play with God.
but do they really needs evil acts?
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by bisiaet: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
What really gave me a serious heartache is that "why all this bombing of a thing for God sake? Just in the name of grieviances, why is Nigeria turning themselves to a total "Eye sore" because of politics, power, religion, ethnicity and lootings.

In a campaing rally bomb exploded please for goodness sake what is the reason is behind this? Just because i'm this party you are in this party and bombing is the way of showing who is who in Nigeria?

Last time at our Independent day we embarrassed ourselves in the face of the whole world just because someone is in power and he is from minority, zoning madness, power, politics and so on this is an act of shame if anyone think he is doing anybody he is rather doing himself by going around doing this campain of bombing stuffs.

Many western world deserted Nigeria because of corruption and now we added Kidnapping and bombing to it this is so embarrassing. Our fellow Africans now tagged us as kidnappers, bombers, some even called Nigeria now a terrorist in their country and at the end some will be here and still be supporting this wicked and shamefull act  as the right way to remove some people in power or intimidate them is this a right thinking? Innocent are dying for what they do not know anything about for God sake!!!!
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by kufreabasi(m): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
With all these bombing and illegal killing and other artrocities being committed in this nation, why should Nigeria begged for the removal of her name in UN terrorist list.
Is this not terrorism?
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by kufreabasi(m): 1:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
YemiAlabi:

y all of u dey vex?

You are very right. They are looking for all means to spoil Goodluck government. This nation should not play with God.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by bisiaet: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2011
You are very right. They are looking for all means to spoil Goodluck government. This nation should not play with God

Honestly speaking I have said and will say it again I'm not pdp fan but please let all just leave GEJ alone destiny has placed this man where he is this is an act of God. I strogly belief lets just let him alone he is not going to be president forever. Killing and bombing just because of grieveances is not  just the best. I'm not part of such party loyalist who is happy seen innocent blasted out for what they do not know anything about and  be smilling and happy because it was not my party this is just wickedness spirit. Party is just a logo or a body but seen my fellow Nigeria in pool of bllod in the street like dogs grieve my heart I dont care what party it is or whatever but the feeling for my fellow citizen is what am after.

I was in my party secretariat and I can see some demon in human skin celebrating it that Oh yeah God catch the PDP their campang grounD was bombed I just shook my head and tearS nearly rolled out of my eyes I can not understand this sort of heartlesness in my country and we are the one going out there telling all that we are the peoples party so it means now in Nigeria if someone is not your party member death penalty is the option? It is a show of shmae I cant stand it I just have to walked away from the scene.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
na wa wo for these attacking all opposition from GEJ.
Dokpesi,oKAH,IBB,Now its Buharis turn.
NA WA WO
which kind change or fresh air this one be?
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by jswagg4(m): 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2011
Let us just wait and see where this takes us,i gotta say,its a positive developement as reguards these arrests, let our judicial system thrive enough for them to be prosecuted, jeez,people just die, and for what?merely attending a political campaign rally?its so sad, adequate security should be provided o, and nairalanders,be sure to 'shine ur eye' before attending any rally!!
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by honeric01(m): 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
I am a feeling this guy is being used as a scared cow, framed up just to make CPC look bad in Minna.

I would like to know if he was caught with a bomb or was caught throwing the bomb, why is he the only one arrested?

october 1st is still there
December 25th is still there
Bayelsa bombblast still there too
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2011
Is anyone really surprised?

October 1 was it not Dokpesi and IBB? where are they now?
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by 9ijaMan: 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2011
YemiAlabi:

y all of u dey vex?

Can you imagine how an average Nigerian reasons? So na Buhari dey bomb all the pipelines too.
We know GEJ's tactics and we are surely not conned.

Prior to the Choice of the NPLF, we had October 1 bomb explosions in Abuja. GEJ claimed it was IBB and even went as far as defending MEND despite MEND confirming their complicity. GEJ used the opportunity to whip up sympathy by brandishing fake text messages purported to have linked Dokpesi to the crime. IBB lost to Atiku as the choice of the NPLF.

Then came the xmas and new year  eves explosions in Jos and Abuja respectively. Once again it was GEJ's enemies who were behind the bombings. This time around Atiku was being manipulated. GEJ gathers more sympathy from the unsuspecting populace. At the end of the whole drama, he bribed his way through the PDP primaries.

We are now seeing the same pattern again as GEJ's camp are now moves treacherously using the same "bomb and blame it on the other guy method". Yesterday a full page advertorial came from PDP's camp (after about 2 days of sparring between GEJ's camp and CPC) accusing Buhari of inciting the masses. Today a CPC candidate is picked up for the bombing. Yet again Nigerians are being fooled by the very same tactics GEJ has consistently been using.

No one bothered to ask how a CPC candidate who would normally be at Buhari's campaign Rally at the IBB Polo club grounds could have been the same guy who bombed 3 people to death, yet the SSS has not bothered to investigate the various deaths that have consistently been occurring at GEJ's rallies.

Besides all these coincidences, not a single person has been convicted of any of the bombings to date and I can bet that the CPC candidate will be released immediately he pledges allegiance to GEJ and the PDP gangs.

Nigerians will await them at the pollen booths!
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by 1025: 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2011
na today? if the man joins pdp, he will never be a bomber again. this is jonathan's method of weakening his opositions.
Re: SSS Arraigns CPC Candidate Over Suleja Bombing by tlops(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2011
really the FG needs to curtail this bombing thing before it escalates to something else.

(1) (Reply)

My Prediction Of The Nigerian Presidential Election For 2011 / I Pray Gej Disappoints Me! / Fuel Subsidy Does Not Exist - Prof Tam David West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.