Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring (2073 Views)

United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name / Igbo Yet To Learn Nigeria’s Political Arithmetic - Chuba Okadigbo's Wife / U.S. Closely Watching Nigeria’s Political Developments – Diplomat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring by karfe(m): 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
Maazieze:
I think i can get behind this, though one issue that needs to be addressed is the autonomy of LGA's, currently their stifled which retards local development, simply creating regional zones of administration wont be enough, their 3rd level of administration must have adequate autonomy.

I believe LGA's should have their roles more clearly defined. Probably by each regional government.
Re: A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring by karfe(m): 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
BentizilL:

I disagree with Lagos turning to federal territory, I'm okay with the rest..

I respect your view. I do not fully agree with it due the unique history of Lagos compared with the rest of the South-West

In any case, Kaduna and Port Harcourt must then be reintegrated to their respective regions if Lagos remains a state in the Yoruba Region
Re: A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring by karfe(m): 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
Maazieze:

How does a federal territory differ from a state?

The only example we have for now is FCT. It is directly managed by the Federal Government through a Ministry and a Development Authority with various departments

Abuja may not be perfect. But it is the closest thing we have to a planned and organised place in Nigeria...
Re: A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring by BentizilL: 6:49am On Jun 26, 2023
karfe:

I respect your view. I do not fully agree with it due the unique history of Lagos compared with the rest of the South-West

In any case, Kaduna and Port Harcourt must then be reintegrated to their respective regions if Lagos remains a state in the Yoruba Region
Unless you're suggesting a general turning of one state in each region to federal territory, there's no way the West will agree with your submission...
Re: A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring by karfe(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2023
BentizilL:

Unless you're suggesting a general turning of one state in each region to federal territory, there's no way the West will agree with your submission...

No. Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Kaduna have unique histories and locations
Re: A Proposal For Nigeria's Political Restructuring by karfe(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26
5 AUTONOMOUS REGIONS:

1. Arewa / North
2. Middle Belt / Central
3. Yoruba / West
4. Niger Delta / South
5. Igbo / East

(1) (2) (Reply)

#EndSARS: No leader will be spared in next protest — Prof Hogan / OPC Begins Endcowpandemic Campaign / Army Commander Feared Dead As Insurgents ‘take Over’ Military Base In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.