Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,423 members, 7,864,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Arewa Community Endorses Fashola, Acn Senatorial Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Community Endorses Fashola, Acn Senatorial Candidate (490 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants / Arewa Community In South Endorses Jonathan For Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arewa Community Endorses Fashola, Acn Senatorial Candidate by EkoIle1: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2011
Members of Arewa community in Mile 12, Lagos, at the weekend, pledged their support for Governor Babatunde Fashola’s re-election bid.

They also gave their support to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) candidate for Lagos East Senatorial District,  Mr. Gbenga Ashafa.

In a statement, the group, led by Alhaji Haruna Muhammed, said the governor has impressed the people.

It donated campaign posters showing Fashola, Ashafa and its representatives at the House of Representatives and House of Assembly.

The group presented the posters to Ashafa at an interactive section with reporters in Magodo.

Ashafa, who was the permanent secretary in the Ministry of Lands, said he would continue to be inspired by the community.

He said: “My focus is to bring prosperity to our people to improve their living.

“This is a great opportunity for me to serve my people in a different capacity.  

‘’My antecedents speak volume about my capability. The degree of lopsidedness that characterised land administration in Lagos was enormous before I assumed office and leaving today, the records clearly speak of what I have done.”

Lagos West Diocese of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, has concluded plans to host governorship candidates in the state to a debate.

The programme is put together by the Diocese’s 2011 Election Sensitisation, Mobilisation and Observation Committee  in conjunction with the Dioceses of Badagry and Lagos Mainland.

The debate will hold on Saturday at the Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral, Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos, at 11 am.

Chairman of the committee Reverend  Gbenga Oniye said “the programme will be an improvement on what the Diocese did in 2007 in the areas of sensitisation, mobilisation and observation.

“Our sensitisation efforts towards the 2011 elections started with the mobilisation of our members during the voter  registration and this will be a continuous exercise.  

‘’Our members are being encouraged  to go out and vote for God-fearing political leaders .”

http://news.gkrom.com/articles/arewa-community-endorses-fashola-acn-senatorial-candidate

(1) (Reply)

Ambassadorial Nominees / Latest Poll Results From Www.nigeriansdecide.110mb.com / April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.