Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,103 members, 7,852,740 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:45 AM

#ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled (478 Views)

Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno / “Where Is Nigeria Air?” Nigerians Mock Buhari As Ibom Air Gets Unveiled / Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled by trueconscience(m): 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2020
The #EndSars protest has garnered a lot of support from virtually all areas of the country but it seems the Feminist Coalition (a unit that has been at the fore-front of the protest) seem to have an LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gays, Bisexuals, Transsexuals, Queer/Questioning Asexual/Aromatic) Agenda.

The Feminist Coalition made a tweet stating they were fighting for the rights of the LGBTQA and this has received negative support from the people.

It should be noted that the constitution of Nigeria is against LGBTQ and turning the #Endsars protest into an LGBTQA fight would definitely derail the protest.

Today, the Bishop of Living Faith Church , Bishop David Oyedepo supported the #Endsars protest but with the LGBTQA agenda inclusion, it would not be a suprise for the Christian clergies - Pastor Adeboye and co to withdraw their support.

Also, Segun Awosanya, Segalink, one of the activist who has been at the forefront of ending Police brutality crusade has expressed his displeasure over the activities of the Feminist Coalition regarding them as cultists who have hijacked the #Endsars Protest.

The Feminist Coalition has now deleted the controversial tweet.

Do you think it is right to include the LGBTQA agenda into the #EndSars protest?

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled by WoundedLamb: 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2020
Feminist coven. Lmao.

Dear Africans, until you're willing to be liberal and promote equality in all spheres, there'll always be suppression and oppression. This is because institutions created to allow the marginalization of a certain group cause they are the 'minority' can always be employed by the bad yokes when the need arises to marginalize another. Today, you fight for freedom, and thousands of closeted gay people are in the streets with you fighting along because they know what it means to be scarred for one's life every minute. But then you turn around to tell them that their own freedom isn't worth it. You suddenly remember the Nigerian law; the same law we push for its amendment turns out to be a tool for you to support your intolerance. And you think things will change soon? If we all keep clamoring for the change that favours us alone while blocking the liberation of others, then we'd forever be in a cycle cause there's always someone somewhere willing to challenge our own freedom. The only way forward is to put institutions in place that protect the fundamental human rights without exceptions. Anything short of this will be weak and easy to work around. This is the model that has worked for the western world. Gay people are not anyone's problem. Giving them their freedom will not hinder Nigerian progress so I don't know why we're on focusing so much on thier love lives. Live and let live.

Read: https://www.nairaland.com/5937870/hipocricy-black-activism-sorrows-voiceless
Re: #ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled by XXXXTENTACION: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2020
Its a free world.
live and lets live. undecided
Re: #ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled by germaphobe(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2020
WoundedLamb:
Feminist coven. Lmao

like say dem be witches. lol. wetin concern me i have no issues with them as long as they don't take their sexual life to where i am
Re: #ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled by iamDrRhymes(m): 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
There is nothing hidden that won't be reviewed. Time will tell. #WeNeedSocietalReform
Re: #ENDSARS : LGBTQA Agenda Unveiled by Barka00(m): 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2020
I am backing out if this is one of their agenda

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And I Havent Spoken Since Lekki Shootings Sanwo-olu / Nigeria Protests: President Buhari Says 69 Killed In Unrest / Can We Make This VIRAL Until This Man Is Retrieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.